Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#421   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-18, 07:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

DE, yea you are doing good on temps thru this winter for sure.

we are stinking on temps got the stupid 1 inch of snow out there and I hate it big time LOL

Bernie, yikes ya poor thing. Snow is a heart attack maker so you be careful with all that shoveling! I feel for ya in all that snow. One thing I loved when I moved South is the 'ease' of winter vs. a snow winter. In PA everything was so hard to do with the big snows we had. The ease of no snow was just so appealing to me I would never go back to a real snow state to live. Don't have it in me Hang on tho, spring is coming, someone told me it has to HA HA

JO, snow fell at midnight so she has off today and probably tomorrow, or just a 2 hr delay tomorrow. But all the time after a little snow they usually shut for 2 days...always say icy the day after on the roads. It seems a snow day here is always 2 days off but will see which way it flows tomorrow.

so we got an inch and some is still falling but not bad, no ice!
temps into the 40s later and tomorrow is like 46 so it should go very very fast. I hope.

do nothing day
kiddo and hubby home
we might hit an early movie, hubby wants star wars so we might just go there. will see
have some sheets to wash etc. nothing much, easy boring kinda day

just chilling in the winter here and mentally wishing for early early spring, like starting tomorrow HA HA

great day all, Humpfree is the sign the weekend is on its way!!
Sponsored Links
  #422   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-18, 15:31

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Jo... you peach on the success of maintaining your outstanding accomplishment of losing and keeping off the weight!
De...What a spectacular day yesterday just what you needed!
You weather is awesome 😎! Definitely not a fan of driving in snow!
Karen.... I hear you when I retire I am seriously thinking of finding warmth. Want to be close to visit my kiddos but sure don’t want to keep fighting these winters !
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #423   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-18, 06:34
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Thursday, 18 January 2018

Good Friday Eve Morning, Warriors!!

Hope all is well and wishing you a totally terrific Thursday in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
If you’re TIRED of starting over ~ STOP giving UP!
~ unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Didn't get home til almost 7 last night so that's when I ate my OMAD! I didn't get to bed until almost 9 pm...

Wake up later than usual, of course... but I'll be at school at my normal time this morning: 630 am. We don't have to be there until 730, but I like to get all my lil ducks in a row before we do our morning meetings before school.

Can you tell Imma morning person??? Always have been!

The boys bb games were exciting. We lost both games but not by much. It's hard to compete against the other middle schools in town since they can hand pick their players... any kid (7th and 8th graders) that wants to play sports at our school gets to play since our population is so small. But our kids put their hearts in it and try the best they can!

We have around 180-185 kiddos grades 6-8. One school in town has almost 700 kiddos and the other has close to 500... so they hold try-outs and can pick the more accomplished players... Oh well, it is what it is!

I really where I teach, most of the teachers are there for the right reason. The principal is an idiot. But I DON'T let his idiocy ruin my day. I DON'T give people that kinda POWER over me. Attitude is EVERYTHING.

So I go in, do my job to the best of my ability (as usual), teach my kiddos and laugh in my head at his nonsense!

Imma sitting perty in the cat bird seat since I can put in my retirement papers anytime the BS level exceeds the fun Imma having with the kiddos!

This is my 18th year and I think I'll stick around for year 19... at least that's how I feel right now!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
we are stinking on temps got the stupid 1 inch of snow out there and I hate it big time LOL

JO, snow fell at midnight so she has off today and probably tomorrow, or just a 2 hr delay tomorrow. But all the time after a little snow they usually shut for 2 days...always say icy the day after on the roads. It seems a snow day here is always 2 days off but will see which way it flows tomorrow.
so we got an inch and some is still falling but not bad, no ice!
temps into the 40s later and tomorrow is like 46 so it should go very very fast. I hope.
You'll have to tell us if Nicole stayed home today due to weather or if she had the 2-3 hour delay thingy!

Our temp yesterday was 14 degrees when I left for school at the butt crack of dawn! Warmed up to a "toasty" 31 degrees with wind! OMG!!! IMHO, if it's gonna be that stinking cold out we should have SNOW, right?????

Imma with you on SPRING can't get here SOON enough.

I can't stand this stinkin' cold and it's not really that cold compared to other areas of the states... but I LIVE in the desert for a REASON!
Quote:
kiddo and hubby home
we might hit an early movie, hubby wants star wars so we might just go there. will see
have some sheets to wash etc. nothing much, easy boring kinda day

just chilling in the winter here and mentally wishing for early early spring, like starting tomorrow HA HA
Sounds like you had a great plan with the fam for yesterday. Did you go out to see Star Wars or sumpin' else???
Quote:
Humpfree is the sign the weekend is on its way!!
Yeppers! I love school/work but I also look forward to my w/e time!!!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello dear warriors,

Imma doing great, hope you are the same on this fine Thursday!
Quote:
Jo... you peach on the success of maintaining your outstanding accomplishment of losing and keeping off the weight!
You betcha! Imma PROUD of all of us! Look where we started and LOOK how far we've come!

We truly are LIVING the dream each and every day!

IT wasn't by accident, we worked HARD and are still working HARD to keep the weight off and be as HEALTHY as possible!

De:
Hey girlie! Hope you're doing well!

Finished "A" is for Alibi and started "B" is for Burglar... Now you've got me HOOKED!
  #424   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-18, 08:03

BF:

Jo you got to a 'toasty' 31 It is sad when we find the 30s toasty now isn't it

Sounds like you had a great night! You are in the catbird sit and that means so much cause you know when things start to annoy you, you are in true control of being able to walk away fast. That is a huge plus for anyone.

Bernie, you can snowbird or that kind of thing. Stay til Christmas up there and then right after the holiday get out of Dodge for the bulk of the horrible winter weather. At least if ya get outta there for the big snowy times, those few months it is horrible, you missed a ton of horrible snow etc and can just enjoy the warmer weather and then come back home.

When kiddo hits college I told here wherever she wants to go we will follow here. Buy a condo near the college, let her live in that and we will travel from there as we want. If she picks colder area then we will just 'head south' to warmer weather for a few months and skip the worst of the winters. I tell ya Bernie I can't do this snow anymore and heck we get WAY less than you do and I am SO over it I keep telling her to pick a college in the warmth near the beach! We shall see what goes down in those years ahead

SO when I typed we got 1 inch....it was supposed to stop....but did not! We totalled 5 inches!! ugh.

no ice tho so that was nice. got the back porches shoved easily, so light and fluffy and easy to handle.

No movie, place was closed and is closed today.

Kiddo is off again today and probably no school tomorrow or at least a 3 hr delay. waiting for the call to see what they do.

Road has enough snow on it to ATV sled today I think. We will try. Tie the sled to the ATV and hubby runs me and kiddo up and down the road at high speed.....it is absolute fun for A SHORT BIT til I get sick of it fast but LOL, I enjoy the few runs I do and say, hey I moved this winter and did something outside....will check conditions cause into the 40s today and alot of this should go fast. Not fast enough for me to melt it all away.

nothing much doing. boring times in winter. everyone have a fab day!
  #425   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-18, 10:48

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good morning peeps!

We’re over the hump...happy Thursday!

Jo..wow your weather is a lot colder than ours is right now. We are enjoying 60’s down to 40’s this week... ...I see you working longer since you are enjoying it, staying until you’re 62 or longer. You’ll still have plenty of time to enjoy retirement. You’re done with book A already...that was fast! Yes, those are really good books. I enjoyed each and every one of the Sue Grafton books. I like her style and characters.

Karen...that sounds like an awesome plan for when your daughter goes to college. I would love to be near the beach. I was spoiled growing up by the coast, so living in the desert isn’t as great. CA isn’t the same as when I lived there, it’s gotten too crazy. I will visit, but not live there, which saddens me. It was a great place to grow up in, back in the day...

Bernie, I hope your day is wonderful.
  #426   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-18, 05:56
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 19 January 2018

Good Friday Morning, Warriors!!

Hope this finds you and yours doing well and wishing you a peaceful, chil-laxing w/e!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Note to Self: When I eat CRAP, I feel like CRAP!!
~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
Jo you got to a 'toasty' 31 It is sad when we find the 30s toasty now isn't it
EXACTLY!

Suppose to get up to around 60 today, so that's gonna be nice!

Very very odd weather for this time of the year.... like you, I CAN'T wait for SPRING to be SPRUNG! UGH!

Imma tired of the cold and it ain't really cold...
Quote:
You are in the catbird sit and that means so much cause you know when things start to annoy you, you are in true control of being able to walk away fast. That is a huge plus for anyone.
Honestly, my attitude has been totally different this year. Imma not letting anything stress me out at school. Teach my kiddos like usual (I always give my 100%) + just go with the flow and it's been GREAT! I know it has EVERYTHING to do with my ability to retire whenever I feel like it!
Quote:
When kiddo hits college I told here wherever she wants to go we will follow here. Buy a condo near the college, let her live in that and we will travel from there as we want. If she picks colder area then we will just 'head south' to warmer weather for a few months and skip the worst of the winters. I tell ya Bernie I can't do this snow anymore and heck we get WAY less than you do and I am SO over it I keep telling her to pick a college in the warmth near the beach! We shall see what goes down in those years ahead
Sounds like you've already got an awesome plan for your RV adventures when Nicole goes to college in what, 4-5 years? Imma sure she'll be able to pick where ever she wants to go to school if she continues to excel like she does academically!
Quote:
SO when I typed we got 1 inch....it was supposed to stop....but did not! We totalled 5 inches!! ugh.

no ice tho so that was nice. got the back porches shoved easily, so light and fluffy and easy to handle.

No movie, place was closed and is closed today.

Kiddo is off again today and probably no school tomorrow or at least a 3 hr delay. waiting for the call to see what they do.

Road has enough snow on it to ATV sled today I think. We will try. Tie the sled to the ATV and hubby runs me and kiddo up and down the road at high speed.....it is absolute fun for A SHORT BIT til I get sick of it fast but LOL, I enjoy the few runs I do and say, hey I moved this winter and did something outside....will check conditions cause into the 40s today and alot of this should go fast. Not fast enough for me to melt it all away.

nothing much doing. boring times in winter. everyone have a fab day!
Wow you did get a lot of snow!

Is Nicole gonna have to make-up the missed school days???

I know here, we have x number of days the kids can miss w/o making them up, BUT the staff has to go in to make-up missed days since they pay us for x number of work days... That hasn't happened in I don't know how long... when it has in the past, I just use a personal day and stay home b/c all we're doing at school is working on school stuff and Imma more productive at home!!

Sounds like a load of fun being hauled up and down with the ATV; hope you got a chance to do that!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC

We’re over the hump...happy Thursday!
And today is Friday...so we're almost to the w/e!
Quote:
Jo..wow your weather is a lot colder than ours is right now. We are enjoying 60’s down to 40’s this week...
Yeppers, but we've bounced back up, thank goodness... next week's reports say we'll be flirting around the mid 50s during the day and mid 20s at night...
Quote:
I see you working longer since you are enjoying it, staying until you’re 62 or longer. You’ll still have plenty of time to enjoy retirement.
Oh I'll work past 62 if my good health continues...but I won't be 62 for 3 more years. This is the last year of my 5th decade!

I can't imagine not working after I retire from teaching here in NM. When I move to Phnx, I'll have to work/volunteer to stay sane... I can't see myself staying home exclusively... THAT drives me crazy even during the 2.5 summer months we have off each year!
Quote:
You’re done with book A already...that was fast! Yes, those are really good books. I enjoyed each and every one of the Sue Grafton books. I like her style and characters.
Imma fast reader! I finished "B" and am currently about a quarter of the way thru "C"....

I totally love her writing style and her characters or I wouldn't be continuing the series!

Thanks so much for recommending her!

Dear Berni:
Hope you're doing well and finding time to just chil-lax!

I know how crazy busy you are with your job, babysitting the grands and taking care of your DSS! You need time for you too, my friend!
  #427   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-18, 06:21

BF:

DE, so hear ya about back in the day Places change alot since I was little, I so get that! Yea the coast just calls my name. Hot weather calls my name. The ocean calls my name and luckily it is that way for hubby also!

JO, yea she is off school again. Off Wed/Thurs/Fri and get this, she has Mon/Tues off for teacher workdays....lol...like another spring break here.

Makeup days, not sure on it actually. I know they are allowed so many off but not sure what that number is. But after the EOG tests she takes in about 3rd week of May, everything after that is kinda fluff. She is out June 12? or so this year and we leave the 18th for a beach trip, so if she has makeup days it won't effect us, I will just pull her out and forget about it.

No ATV sledding, the road melted way too fast just not deep enough.

My dad got a series of little part time jobs when he quit work for good. See I don't have to 'do anything' with my time, I got a bit batty but not enough to warrant me ever being a slave to a clock ever again in my life. I have no desire to work for the 'man' anymore LOL I was surprised my Dad did some part time jobs, like driving a small loader to dump mulch into people's trucks at a very small landscape operation. He did that for years. See, that is something I won't do again, work for anyone. Just me, I will find anything to do with my time than go to work now

Bernie, hope all is going well for you!!

Hey everyone
school out today
the 3 of us will go visit my mom. might go out to lunch but in any snowy mess mom is worried about walking so we might just visit and hang out for a while and stay there, play by ear on what she wants to do.

nothing much more
boring winter but will push thru it

fab day everyone!!
  #428   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-18, 14:37

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

It’s a heat wave here in the 30’s! Given that it has been in the negatives I will take it!
DSS had ultrasound and more blood work! We just got him home! Should have the results Monday. They did say if they noticed something serious they would call. So far no call!
Jo.... Thank you for the kind words I am tired. With DSIL traveling now I have to be over right after I get off work. Also no Monday off anymore. Don’t keep I can continue this pace for long. I know they are talking about spending summer in Michigan since my DD is virtual! Works for me!
Karen... Luv you retirement plans! Definitely warmer weather calling my name. Be careful out there Karen that ice is dangerous worst than snow!
De... I luv how your describe California been there a few times for business but would not want to live there just seems to crowded and hectic! Thinking 🤔 about going south to retire but this year is giving me pause!
I am tired 💤 warriors going to nap!
Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #429   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-18, 15:10

BF:

Hi All...

OMG I just finished another good book. It was a fast, easy read. If you are any kind of dog lover you will like this book. It’s called ...YOU HAD ME AT WOOF...by Julie Klam. The book is about her life with her dogs and how she became a volunteer with a Boston Terrier rescue organization. It’s the type of book that makes you laugh and cry. Sometimes I even laughed until I cried. There are some sad parts too. My grand pup is a Boston Terrier. He’s getting old now. He was my son & daughter-in-law’s first baby before they had their 3 human babies! ...anyhoo, a good read.

So retirement has begun. So far it’s good. time will tell! Can’t wait for our beach vacation. It’s in a nice area on the central coast of CA and a favorite vacation spot. It’s not as crowded as southern Cali. I still would not want to move there unless I was super rich, which we are not!

Bernie... I hope all the tests on your DSS turn out good. I bet you are tired, just reading about all you do makes me tired! Glad your weather warmed up a bit, 30 still sounds mighty cold to me!

Well DH is home with a movie to watch. Catch ya all later.
  #430   ^
Old Sat, Jan-20-18, 06:22

BF:

Bernie, yea at some point the pace of life gets rough. I hope things do calm down for you cause we only go so much umpff in us to shell out Cold weather saps the energy for most also, so with warmer weather comes renewed energy but be sure to get super rest when ya can!

DE, RETIREMENT HAS BEGUN!!! Hooray!! So cool you guys can say you are 'retired' now and done deal with the old way of life and into a retirement life!! I guess if we have to get older than retirement is a great thing cause we have to celebrate somehow when one does tick off the years behind us

I want retirement so bad but I don't want to give up my years to get it, as in my SS check HA HA

being 56 the years to SS will go faster now I believe and I will see it sooner than later LOL

JO hope all is good!!!

Nothing much here guys. Warmer weather so I am happy. Everything is melting very fast now. 5 inches of snow darn near gone around here. Roads clear finally also.

ok world, no more of that nasty snow please

might try to hit that movie today for something to do.
I am no star wars fan and neither is kiddo but we will suffer thru it for hubby. eh something to do tho.

everyone have a great day!!
  #431   ^
Old Sat, Jan-20-18, 09:52
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday, 20 January 2018

Good Saturday Morning, Warriors!!

Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

I don’t feel DEPRIVED when I turn down carb-laden foods.
I feel EMPOWERED that I make HEALTHY CHOICES every time!

~ me 03.19.2017

That's soooo cool that all the WARRIORS posted yesterday! Right ON!

For me, it's gonna be a SOSAD kinda w/e. Working on my "to-do" list as usual. Gonna curl up with a good book ("D") with the lil Chico dog when all my chores & pedalin' are done later today... maybe take a siesta! I really want for nothing ~ Life is GOOD!

Karen:
Quote:
JO, yea she is off school again. Off Wed/Thurs/Fri and get this, she has Mon/Tues off for teacher workdays....lol...like another spring break here.
Holy Hannah that's a lot of time off. Too bad it wasn't scheduled "days off" or you guys could've planned a mini-RV vaca somewhere warm!
Quote:
Makeup days, not sure on it actually. I know they are allowed so many off but not sure what that number is. But after the EOG tests she takes in about 3rd week of May, everything after that is kinda fluff. She is out June 12? or so this year and we leave the 18th for a beach trip, so if she has makeup days it won't effect us, I will just pull her out and forget about it.
Hopefully they won't make up snow days during Spring Break, that's usually what they have planned here...
Quote:
No ATV sledding, the road melted way too fast just not deep enough.
Bummer! But that's how the snow is here typically...it will fall, last several hours and gone before you blink...
Quote:
My dad got a series of little part time jobs when he quit work for good. See I don't have to 'do anything' with my time, I got a bit batty but not enough to warrant me ever being a slave to a clock ever again in my life. I have no desire to work for the 'man' anymore LOL I was surprised my Dad did some part time jobs, like driving a small loader to dump mulch into people's trucks at a very small landscape operation. He did that for years. See, that is something I won't do again, work for anyone. Just me, I will find anything to do with my time than go to work now
I did my "retirement" thingy back ass backwards ~ I was a stay at home mom for 19 years... so that's why staying at home even when I officially retire from my teaching gig doesn't interest me.

As long as Imma healthy, etc, I can't see myself being at home full-time. I'll either get a job and or volunteer... something to keep me busy... heck I may even go back to school and work on another Master's... who knows!

Seriously, I go bat shit crazy after several weeks at home even with all my hobbies... traveling really doesn't appeal to me since I did tons of it my entire life whilst living all over Europe... no place I really wanna go see or is calling my name... maybe that will change!
Quote:
I want retirement so bad but I don't want to give up my years to get it, as in my SS check HA HA

being 56 the years to SS will go faster now I believe and I will see it sooner than later LOL
I hear ya on years to SS will go FAST, gees, that's only 3 years away for me! Gosh, I don't feel like Imma "that" old, KWIM???

There is a lot of good information online about retiring at 62 etc...
Quote:
JO hope all is good!!!
Yeppers!
Quote:
Nothing much here guys. Warmer weather so I am happy. Everything is melting very fast now. 5 inches of snow darn near gone around here. Roads clear finally also.

ok world, no more of that nasty snow please
Glad to hear the snow is melting away! Only 40 days til SPRING, girlie!!! I can't WAIT and I know you can't either!

You'll have to let us know what movie you went to see if it wasn't Star Wars!

Berni:
Quote:
It’s a heat wave here in the 30’s! Given that it has been in the negatives I will take it!
at HEAT !!!!! Hope the temp continues to climb...
Quote:
DSS had ultrasound and more blood work! We just got him home! Should have the results Monday. They did say if they noticed something serious they would call. So far no call!
I hope they DON'T call, EVER! And I hope that they find out what's going on with him real soon!
Quote:
Jo.... Thank you for the kind words I am tired. With DSIL traveling now I have to be over right after I get off work. Also no Monday off anymore. Don’t keep I can continue this pace for long. I know they are talking about spending summer in Michigan since my DD is virtual! Works for me!
Bummer that you don't have Mondays off any more... You really do sound exhausted, I feel it in your posts!

Maybe it's time for a heart to heart about another babysitting option or at least part time so that you can have more time for you too...

I totally agree with De, you make me tired just reading what you do day-in and day-out!
Quote:
I am tired 💤 warriors going to nap!
Hope you got a chance to take a nap, my friend!

De:
Quote:
OMG I just finished another good book. It was a fast, easy read. If you are any kind of dog lover you will like this book. It’s called ...YOU HAD ME AT WOOF...by Julie Klam. The book is about her life with her dogs and how she became a volunteer with a Boston Terrier rescue organization. It’s the type of book that makes you laugh and cry. Sometimes I even laughed until I cried. There are some sad parts too. My grand pup is a Boston Terrier. He’s getting old now. He was my son & daughter-in-law’s first baby before they had their 3 human babies! ...anyhoo, a good read.
Thanks for another book recommendation. I'll put it on my Amazon Wishlist!
Quote:
So retirement has begun. So far it’s good. time will tell! Can’t wait for our beach vacation. It’s in a nice area on the central coast of CA and a favorite vacation spot. It’s not as crowded as southern Cali. I still would not want to move there unless I was super rich, which we are not!
WOW! I had no idea that your DH had officially retired! It's gonna be so different in your house now...

Tell him HAPPY RETIREMENT from me! (Like he knows who da hell I am! )

Hey when's your DD and one of your DGD coming out? Isn't that soon, or are they already there???
Quote:
Well DH is home with a movie to watch. Catch ya all later.
What did you guys watch??
  #432   ^
Old Sat, Jan-20-18, 18:10

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

How are you doing today?

Had to drive to Hoffman estate for a working seminar started at 9 finished at 12. Starting to get to do list done. Tomorrow nothing but my Things to do and chillin 😎!

De.... Congrats 🍾🎈 on husband retirement! Lots of enjoyable times together coming! The beach 🏝 vacation sounds great!
Jo.... Yepper DD going to have to work something else out. I need some time during the week just can’t keep up!

Karen.... I hear you on no SS for us when we get to retirement. Plus I want to be healthy to
Do things. This way of life is helping me but I definitely need more rest! Tired of being tired 😴!

Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #433   ^
Old Sat, Jan-20-18, 20:06

BF:

Good Evening My Warrior Friends..

Good day today. Retired DH went shopping and fixed dinner.. yay! We had some really good grilled shrimp and Swiss chard saluted with garlic.

I also got to work on my computer upstairs and spent a few hours organizing stuff and going through photos on my computer while my retired DH watched the spoiled dogs and gave them a bath

Our weather turned a bit colder today, but I didn't go out. I felt the wind and cold just opening the door for the dogs!

Hope everyone is having a good chillax weekend. Enjoy!
  #434   ^
Old Sun, Jan-21-18, 05:49
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 21 January 2018

Good Day Morning, Warriors!!

Have a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

DISCIPLINE:
Doing what NEEDS to be done even if you don’t WANT to do it!

~ unknown

So nice that all the WARRIORS posted yesterday!

Not too much to report on my end... got most of my w/e chores fini yesterday. Couple of odds and ends that need to be finished but it won't take me long today to accomplish them.

Easy pea-sy since Imma a minimalist and a neat freak. One of the pros of living alone... everything is in it's place and a place for everything!

Weather is nice but windy out. Almost 60 today is what "they" are reporting!

Gonna drop to mid 40s tomorrow then the rest of the week is supposed to be in the mid to high 50s... I'll take it!

Berni:
Quote:
Had to drive to Hoffman estate for a working seminar started at 9 finished at 12. Starting to get to do list done. Tomorrow nothing but my Things to do and chillin 😎!
Imma glad you plan to chil-lax today! You DESERVE IT!
Quote:
Jo.... Yepper DD going to have to work something else out. I need some time during the week just can’t keep up!
I know you're SUPER WOMAN but there's an extent to how much one can do day-in and day-out. Eventually without proper rest, it could affect your good health, my friend. I DON'T ever wanna see that happening...
Quote:
I hear you on no SS for us when we get to retirement. Plus I want to be healthy to do things. This way of life is helping me but I definitely need more rest! Tired of being tired 😴!
I know you posted this to Karen, but I gotta add my 2 ¢ worth:

I truly don't believe there will be NO SS when we retire... I think it's all a political BS scare tactic drummed up by one group or another.

I totally understand the need/want to be healthy to do stuff upon our retirement b/c that's what I want as well!

Yeppers, you really do need more rest and less work, my friend! Hope that becomes a reality real soon!

De:
Quote:
Good day today. Retired DH went shopping and fixed dinner.. yay! We had some really good grilled shrimp and Swiss chard saluted with garlic.
Oh man, I should've had dinner at your house yesterday. Your dinner sounded totally DE-LISH!

How cool that your RDH (new acronym) is helping around the house, going shoppin' and fixin' dinner!
Quote:
I also got to work on my computer upstairs and spent a few hours organizing stuff and going through photos on my computer while my retired DH watched the spoiled dogs and gave them a bath
Do you back up your important computer stuff (like your photos, etc) on a cloud or an external hard drive? If not, I highly recommend that you do. Some of the stuff we store on our 'puters are PRICELESS and irreplaceable.

I keep NOTHING important on my computer. So if it dies or gets stolen, I just have to replace the computer.

I upload financial documents when I update them and other important files to my website server that I can access on any computer anywhere and I back up all my school files and every other file every 2 weeks to 2 external hard drives I keep in a fireproof box... Peace of mind for sure!

I keep a running list of what I've updated/modified etc so I just back up those files...

I told you guys I was anal to the MAX!
Quote:
Our weather turned a bit colder today, but I didn't go out. I felt the wind and cold just opening the door for the dogs!
I think it's blowing our way... that's probably why it's gonna be in the mid-40s tomorrow...

Karen:
Hope everything is goin' well on your end!

FYI:
39 Days til SPRING!
  #435   ^
Old Sun, Jan-21-18, 10:21

BF:

Bernie, oh no I didn't mean there would be no SS. I am sure there will be SS when I get there I think the farther future SS will change along with other govt. issues but I am sure it is solid for me to get to the end of the line LOL Will my 12 yr old get SS? Who knows that far, but I know we will get it, ain't going anywhere just yet I think.

You are tired of being tired? Girl you got to take care of yourself. Serious on this, when one gets run down ya can get alot of things ya know, so it is time for you to chillax somehow and take off some stress off ya. Your retirement is coming sooner than later also and I know you will be in a good way when it gets here so that is a great thing to hear!!

DE it is cool your hubby shopped and did dinner cause us gals have done that for...how long?? Heehee, that would be nice to have that help for sure! My hubby is good at doing stuff around here also but not like me. He could walk past a sock on the ground for like a year before it might occur to him to pick t up Sounds like you guys are falling into a nice new routine!

JO, same here on the house. Being minimal type I have it easy in the cleaning dept. Less is more for sure!! Clutter makes me so anxious and being a control freaky time (which I am trying to let loose of a bit and have succeeded only a tiny bit ), it is nice there is no clutter to freak me out around here. The stupid garage has to get cleaned out, so much hubby stuff from the farm time. But when he gets off work he will attack it and I will get 'most of my' garage back! Wee

Hey guys
Beautiful day here. that 5 inches is all but gone. roads nice. all over and there best not be another storm!!

kiddo, dog and I are going to smaller park down the road to walk the trails to get out later. Should be nice, have not been to this littler park cause trail system is not large and I don't like that, I like long up hill trails for a workout but been wanting to see this place and see if they have a kayak launch here also at this park.

everyone have a fab day!!