Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-17, 08:01
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi and welcome.
Quote:
I want to know what WORKS for you on the Atkins Induction. I am in this for the long haul (been on induction for a month), know this works, but it is slow for me. So, I want to hear what everyone's favorite foods are, what really works- breakfast, lunch or supper!
What works best for me on induction is strict induction - no cheating, and following all of the rules, which are here. No berries, no nuts, strict limits on sweeteners, cream and dairy. My next time around will go a little further - I'll probably do no cheese, and a better effort at IF. I already do no gluten. (Next period of strictness will be soon - I have a wedding gown that currently fits me like a sausage casing and I'd rather not have the seamstress let it out.)

Quote:
I have added special items like blackberries, strawberries and lots of nuts and seeds to help break things up. That's really been nice.

Also realizing, eating this way, if I have what I call a "food opportunity" --I take it somewhat. Eating out, cooking class, friends supper- these things have happened and I have had small amounts of food (pinch of bread, few homemade fries, sweet fanc deserts) and it's worked rather well.

This, we call maintenance. You're already at a healthy body weight, so welcome to the club. This is almost exactly how I've maintained for almost 15 years now.

Can you see yourself eating exactly this way for the rest of your life?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-17, 11:44

Plan: my own LC
Stats: 179/141/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 112%

I'm curious : how often do you all make Oopsie rolls or very low carb bread/ buns? Does anyone find they stall your progress?
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-17, 19:29
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I make these coconut flour cheese tea biscuits regularly. I'm in maintenance, so I can't really comment on how they'd be for someone trying to lose weight, but all of that kind of thing is very much YMMV. If it keeps you on plan, I'd say it's worth it even if it slows weight loss somewhat. I find them quite filling and satisfying, and I have no desire to overindulge. The only time I ever had two in one sitting was when I was really hungry, and dinner was a light soup. I was actually too full, and didn't do it again.

Another reason I like to make these is that my SO likes them. If he takes one to work for lunch instead of whatever junky lunch from a restaurant, cool.

Ooopsies, I find too time consuming and messy, since I have no dishwasher. Maybe I'd do them more often otherwise. I also find them too light/unsatisfying; I can (and have) pounded them all back in a day or two.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-17, 15:11

Plan: LC, IF,no sugar
Stats: 294.5/278.3/180 Female 5'9" (top weight was 309)
BF:yes/I/do
Progress: 14%

CMCM--thank you for y our post! I find that I like the Atkins book from the 70s better too...and yes all the recipes that mimic eating carb rich foods but made low carb way also cause me to not learn the low carb way without wanting the bad stuff. If that makes sense...I simply can relate to what you are saying. I too, do not want to think about food either...so if I can keep my 2 meals a day simple like you talk about....that helps me! And keeping my carbs under 20 keeps me from craving anything! I am not hungry at all. and so this journey this time is about making it simple--and under 20 carbs per day.
I am one of the Under 20 gang! LOL
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-17, 15:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212.0/212.0/175.0 Female 5ft 5in.
BF:
Progress: 0%

MJDaniel...your breakfast sounds awesome...will be making it tomorrow.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-17, 10:12

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

I have flax bread or flackers several days per week.
I don't see any harm in homemade stuff like this. It's the products I would avoid. I also wouldn't overdo almond flour. Whole almonds are much closer to how nature intended....with flax, I'm not going to over do it, or else my stomach pays big time so it's built in portion control.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-17, 13:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/190/220 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 170%

I totally agree with Sunsea. Trying to find low carb replacements that mimic high carb foods is cheating, you might even lose weight, however it does nothing to alter your food addictions. Plenty of conversations about this in the seemingly dead maintenance thread of this forum.