Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 07:52

Plan: Walker Diet
Stats: 238/227.4/165 Female 68inches
BF:44.9/42.8/25
Progress: 15%
Default 2 day binge is OVER

I had strawberry shortcake on Wednesday, only intended to have the strawberries and the whip cream, but the pound cake just leapt into my dish!

Yesterday my dd brought home cupcakes from preschool and I think I had 5 . Then last night while watching TV I had a rather large bowl of icecream with chocolate syrup.

What is wrong with me! I knew that I was screwing up my progress, and it all started with one bite of processed sugar.

Time to buckle down reavalute and move on!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 18:55

Plan: meat and meat by-products
Stats: 270/191/150 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Kris,

I love strawberries and die for strawberry shortcake. There was a bakery that made the best I've ever had and I was there on a frequent basis. I was also addicted to other sweets in a major way. I knew that sugar was bad, but it wasn't until I read some of Dr. Mercola's information that it sunk in to the point where every time I was tempted I just thought about all the ways sugar would be poisoning me. I not only want to lose weight, but to live a long and healthy life, free from pain, suffering and torture at the hands of doctors. I'm not trying to preach--just to show you how I deal with sugar craving--it might help you. Check out these links:

http://www.mercola.com/article/suga...s_of_sugar.htm#
http://www.mercola.com/2000/oct/8/sugar_cancer.htm

Best of luck!

Howard
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 21:53

Plan: Atkins - Low-Cal
Stats: 145/128/120 Male 67 inches
BF:10%/5%/2%
Progress: 68%

DO NOT GIVE UP. Just hop back on the LC way and you'll be fine. We are all here for ya at the boards, so come here when you feel the 'need' for sugars or sweets. I've had many cheating experiences and after each time the guilt and agony sank into me deeper and deeper until I finally said I can't go through that anymore and now I wouldn't think of cheating again due to the fact I become severely depressed. It's going to be okay.

Good luck to you!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 06:36

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Kris -

Confession is good for the soul. You know that you don't want that junk in your life and you're cutting it out; good for you!

Progress, not perfection!

- Paris
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 09:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/214/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:40
Progress: 28%

I went through the same thing recently. Was on holidays and forgot the flax for roughage so I ate some all bran. It set off a three week craving for carbs. I found I was starting to want the really bad carbs though, the chocolate bars etc. It took three weeks of starting to feel lousy to realize that I had to stop.

I picked up my copy of Dr Atkins and as I was reading a chapter discovered that this is quite normal and the best thing to do is to put the brakes on and start induction over again to detoxify. It has been harder this time but worth the fight as The scale has started moving again.

The key is to know to stop, detoxify and continue on.