Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 11:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Good luck Arizona, boy can I relate to the up and down.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:36

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 308/247.5/182 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Arizona - I hear ya, I get frustrated with myself when I do that. It's always hard when I'm around my family too, it seems that my sisters always have cookies, cakes, chocolates, you name it, they've got it. As long as you keep picking yourself back up and don't quit you'll eventually get there.

d3termined - I've often felt foggy headed too, but I'm not sure if it's due to the carbs (haha). Seriously though, I do get headaches when i've had a whole bunch of carbs. BTW, I'm not sure how tall you are, but isn't 110lbs normal weight? Unless you're like 4'10" then it may be like 95. But then again, I'm a guy, what do I know about this?.... I've got my own weight problems.
  #48   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 17:32
Registered Member

Stats: 100/110/100 Female short
BF:
Progress:

JoeMama (love the user name btw! i have a shirt that says joe on the front and mama on the back...) I definitely get headaches when I eat too many carbs,a nd headaches for a couple of days when I reinduct. I guess it's the detox effect.

I am very short, around 5 feet, and am used to being in the double digits weight wise. I reached goal (100) several months ago, but recent bad decisions led me to put on 5 or 10 lbs which I would rather not have, because on someone as short as me, 5 or 10 lbs means having to buy a new wardrobe in a bigger size . Seeing as how I am very low on cash right now, that would not be a good thing. But yes, I am sure many women my height would look great at 110 lbs, but given my bone structure, I am not one of them.

I've made it almost all the way through my first day of reinduction, woo hoo! How about the rest of you? I hope you are all staying on track.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 23:35

BF:

OKOK, I admit, I'm a big dork.

<sigh> Tonight, My kid had an award ceremony that my wife and I went to (and her grammy too). Of course Grammy wanted to go celebrate afterward, so off to a restaruant we went. I guess it wasn't all bad though, I got a sea food salad and ate about 5 tortilla chips so hopefully that didn't take me too far over my allowed carb count. Though by my estimate it is probably about 40ish today. More than what I wanted, but not as bad as it could have been.

How did everyone else do?
  #50   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 08:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Good Morning ALL~

D3termined~ Question~ Is your weight 100. and you want to lose 10 pds?? I think you may to check you stats honey.

Joe~ I find that once I have gotten over my week of induction, I hardly crave

Well I will check in later
  #51   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 10:55
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Chantel- I have always been in the double digits, weight wise, without watching what I eat or exercising (I'm young and pretty active)... until I put on 30 pounds thru bingeing on a daily basis. So 100 pounds is actually more than what I'm used to weighing, but I settled for that when I lost weight thru Atkins several months ago. But recently I went way off plan for a couple weeks and have put on 5 or 10 pounds so I am 110 pounds and would like to be 105 or 100 again because my clothes don't fit anymore. When you're as short as I am 5 or 10 pounds means a whole clothing size or mroe.

Hope everyone is staying on track and motivated!
  #52   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 13:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%

d3termined~ I didn't mean to offend you. I was just trying to look out.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 14:06

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%
Talking Hi All

Glad to see were all still here. I have decided I am going on induction even though I had juist started bvack up I didnt go back on induction I thought i could start again and just do atkins without induction. But I realized that I need to kick the cravings first and induction is the way to do it..

Ok Guys lets promise ourself a happy safe low carb memorial day. I know its hard with potato sald and everything lurking around the corner. But lets stick together and pull through happier helathier thinner people!!!! ( remember one bit is better than one bowl, one bowl is better than a huge tub, but nothing is better than water.....)
  #54   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 04:47

Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I hope we all have good weather for Memorial weekend. I say this because its been raining all week. Then we can get outdoors and away from the refrigerator. I've avoided sugar alcohols all week. My weight went down a little but I'm still 7 pounds over my profile weight. Good luck everyone.
  #55   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 08:28

BF:

Although I have nothing planned for the 3 day weekend, I'm still looking forward to the time off!!

This week was/is the first week of induction for me. Though my actions were not ideal, I was able to see some good resluts. My total loss from Sunday morning to this (Friday) morning is 8.5 lbs. probably mostly water weight.

It feels good to be back on track.

Hows everyone else doing?
  #56   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 17:27

COngrats on the 8.5lbs lost Rem, keep up the great work, one week down one week togo. Everyone else have a great weekend, I am going away so may not post again until tuesday!!
  #57   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 12:23
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Chantel- It's okay, I wasn't offended, just wanted to clarify that I'm not trying to push my body to an unhealthy BMI or anything.

Rem- Water weight or not, it's 8.5 pounds that you'll never have to see again!

I kind of wish that I wasn't getting dragged to Memorial day picnics and grad parties this weekend so I won't have to face the temptation of lots of carby food. Oh well. Hope everyone stays strong this weekend and enjoys their holiday. Bye for now!
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 08:12

Talking Ok Everyone HOw was the holiday

did we all make it through, I've lost 2 pounds over the weekend... Yippie for me, Hope you all had a great weekened
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 08:52

Plan: low carb
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

5 pound gain over Memorial Day weekend. Back on induction today. Wish me luck! i think i can, i think i can...
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 09:09

I know you can Cococarby, so a little slip isnt the end of the world go back to induction the 5 lbs is mostly water weight anyway