Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-09, 15:39
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Default My test results are a little high

What do you think happened and what is the best way get my hormones down a little bit? I've been taking 2.5 naturethroid and 33umg synthroid for almost 3 years.

I've felt particularly terrific lately. But I have noticed the palms of my hands feeling hot sometimes and I have slight heart palpitations. I have a heart murmur and have them anyway unrelated to thryoid, but more so lately. I think I am slightly hyper.

Between my test in Nov and last week:
the pharmacy changed my prescription from naturethroid to armour months ago.

A week before my 2nd test changed from synthroid to levoxyl.

And about a month ago I stopped taking my pills in the morning, now I take them right before bed. I read a study that said absorption is better in the evenings. Since I almost never waited between taking my pills in the AM and drinking coffee, I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to try.

I also moved from 5500ft to sea level.

I used to take my allergy medication with my thyroid pills in the AM. I don't need allergy medication now that I moved.

I usually take the armour on an alternate schedule of 2grains/ next day 3 grains to get to 2.5 grains because I'm lazy about cutting up the pills. I do my pills for the week in a pill organizer. But I lost the organizer a month ago when I moved so I might have screwed up a bit there with remembering which dose I was on. Oh God not too surprising I got messed up eh?

Nov 2008
tsh 0.008
T3 3.9 (range 2.3-4.2)
T4 1.28 (range 0.61-1.76)

June 2009
tsh 0.004
T3 4.0
T4 1.83

My TSH has always been around 0.

Last edited by nawchem : Mon, Jun-15-09 at 15:56.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-09, 18:45
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Default this is the study about dosing times