Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 09:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 13 6/13 6/12
BF:
Progress:
Default Allowable foods

Just wanted to say hi!

Have been reading up on the Atkins diet on the internet, just wondered, what are the best foods to get me started? I know the obvious ones, meats, cheeses, etc.

I wonder if we could start a decent long list of foods for us newbies? I want to know the foods that are very low in carbs and the foods to definitely keep away from!

Cheers. All the best.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 09:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi leesbriggs!

First, you should definitely get a copy of the latest book and read it. That is the only way that you will be fully prepared to make this a WOL (way of life).

If you just want the basics while you read the book, try this link:

http://www.titanic.kn-bremen.de/induction.html

It outlines the basic foods that you can eat, but the book is important as you need to be drinking at least 64oz of water, plus 8oz for every 25lbs you want to lose, and you will be needing vitamin and mineral supplements for the Induction phase.

Good luck, and keep reading!!

KC
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 04:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/122/115
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hiya leesbriggs,
Hello & welcome to this forum!
KC is right. U might want to read the book (the 2002 edition!) because it has tons of useful information like what kind of supplements we should take, a detailed carb-counter & tons of LC recipes......
Take care & all the best!

Bebe