Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 06:27

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Scrambled ... Pancakes ?! (induction friendly)

I don't like the taste of eggs alone, but I do love pancakes. I'm back on a clean induction so I found a pancake recipe calling for separated eggs and cream cheese and varied it a bit to come up with something that I wanted to be crepes but turned out to be, well, Scrambled Pancakes!
SINGLE SERVING

1 egg
1 oz softened cream cheese
1 oz whipping cream
1 tbsp melted butter

That's it for the ingredients!!! Just mix everything well and pour onto hot pan... they WILL fall apart when you try turning it so they WILL look like scrambled eggs ... BUT... top with sf maple syrup and I swear they are soooooo yummy!!! DANGEROUSLY YUMMY!

Oh and hey. If you can figure out how to make these without scrambling them, do share!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 07:02
Ohmahgawd! Really??

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 314/306.5/300 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

That sounds good! I'm gonna try that this morning!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 14:22

Plan: just do it
Stats: 140/131/115 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 36%

maybe try separating the egg white and beating til stiff, combine all other ingredients and maybe a little salt and baking powder (to help it rise and look more pancake like) then fold in the egg whites.

I've also made these using only 2 oz. softened cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 packet of splenda and a dash of cinnamon. (same as earlier--separate egg whites and beat til stiff, fold into other ingredients).

I've found that the smaller you make them the easier they are to flip. Also seems to do better if prepared in a nonstick skillet on low to medium heat. Hope this helps!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 14:24

BF:

yeah, that's the kind of recipe I adapted this from -- but I don't have time during the week to separate the eggs and stuff. That's how I came up with these -- and they really are tasty.

But yeah, on the weekends, I definitely do the separation and the peaks of the eggs whites and they turn out fabulously!

Thanks!!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 15:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

well i make something like that but they turn out like pancakes instead of scrambled...i use 2 oz cream cheese, 2 eggs, cinnamon, splenda, and a dash of vanilla..wisk it all together..spray a nonstick pan and cook...the first batch has to cook a little longer before they will flip maybe about 3 minutes on the first side..then flip and cook about 2 minutes...i think you using the cream is making them too runny causing them not to flip...
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 15:07

BF:

so they don't fall apart for you even though you are not separating your eggs??? Or are you separating your eggs. I just don't want to separate and make peaks of whites. I can be very lazy sometimes... and I thought adding the cream would make them more crepe like but DOH, I could definitely try it w/otu the cream!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 16:51

Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:

nope..no egg seperation.....they were kinda like crepes but a little thicker..not as thin as crepes but not as thick as pancakes...they were in between..and very yummy
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 11:44

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 193/172/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

okay, i just tried leshaimors' recipe with the separated egg whites and everything - OH WOW actually one of the best things i've ever had! and i don't normally like pancakes all that much - i just really wanted to use my new SF maple syrup. SOOO GOOOOOD!! they taste just like pancakes put kind of fluffier. perfect.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 10:06

BF:

Recently, I've been making these differently than originally posted.

Now I melt 2 oz of cream cheese and mix in one egg. Mix until it actually LOOKS like pancake batter. Then I pour the entire concoction onto a hot, buttered pan and let it sit for a minute before folding in the sides... then I make 2 pieces of it and flip for another minute and voila! top with sf maple syrup and ooooh so yummy!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-05, 06:21

Stats: 282/262/205 Male 6' 1
BF:waaay tooo much
Progress: 26%

OK,
I think I made a good modification to this recipe...

3 eggs
2 tbsp cream
2 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp water to thin
1/4 C carbquick
1-2 tbsp vital wheat gluten
leave out the butter and save for topping

Stir all together and it comes out just like "normal" pancakes even if they're made "man style" (much bigger than spatula).

I'm sure this ups the carb count somewhat but it seemed to be a good trade off...

bob
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 05:56
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Stir all together and it comes out just like "normal" pancakes even if they're made "man style" (much bigger than spatula).

This is how I've always made pancakes. It wasn't until this moment that a little light went on in the back of my head and a voice said "Well D'uh. No wonder all low carb pancake recipies typically crumble on you."
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 01:04

Stats: 198/198/121.2 Female 5"1
BF:

I gotta try them this weekend .
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 01:32
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

I treid the version without the cream and it worked really well. Yummy
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Oct-01-05, 00:26
Registered Member

Stats: 285/88/94 Female 5'7
BF:lg/md/sm
Progress: 103%

i need to dig out my recipe, but i know when i added a little ground flax and i microwaved it instead of cooking on the stove it cake out like one big yummy pancake. and instead of using cream i used a SF davinci syrup and it was sinful -=rubstummy=-
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 14:23

Stats: 260/220/143 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress: 34%

You can try to do them in microwave oven, you mix everything, then spry with nonstick one oven proof dish ( I use one pay dish), pour two or three spoons, and then microwave it for one minute. Take out carefully and spry some more nonstick, and more mix, and so on.
They are made very fast.
Margarita