Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-07, 23:19

Plan: Fat Flush
Stats: 407/407/193 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Did you gain before losing

I just read the principle 2 and the program and she's saying it's a possibility that you can gain before losing. Has anyone had that happen? I'm a bit scared because I weigh alot right now if I gain I won't be able to handle it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-07, 08:22

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 165/123/125 Female 65 inches
BF:21.8%
Progress: 105%
Default Scared me too!

I saw that in The Schwarzbein Principle and thought .."oh no..that is not going to happen". I just lost about 40 lbs on weight watchers and am not about to gain it back. I will say however, that I feel like a total mess which is why I have been searching for a way to feel better and how I found Schwarzbein.

I do have a little wiggle room in my weight, but I am watching it very closely. If I gain a little and feel better that's ok. I have noticed on the some of the postings here that quite a few people put weight on first and then leveled off or are in hopes of leveling off. I have been on this program for two weeks now, and just yesterday started feeling almost human again. I plan to just keep it up, stick to the program and monitor what's going on. Good luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 18:59

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

I did not gain weight on SP when I started. I lost weight pretty quickly and have a fairly steady weight loss record over the past 5.5 years. The only times I haven't lost is when I ate too much or exercised too much or too little. Hope this helps, best wishes! --Betty
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-27-07, 23:06

Plan: schwarzbein principle
Stats: 165/180/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

I have been following the SP1 plan for a short time. it seemed to make so much sense. I've had a binge eating disorder for years and, proportedly this diet can correct it. The cravings for sugar have stopped but I'm kind of going overboard on the cheese/cream/sour cream. I have actually gained perhaps 5-10 pounds already, but still I feel like maybe my body has been starved for fats and I should just eat as much as I want for now. Perhaps I'll be able to eat less as time goes on and I feel "fat sated." Has anyone had this type of experience? I'm not too worried about it because I know how to lose weight and have gone up 50 lbs and down 50 lbs many times in my life. But I'm hoping, for once, that this would be the answer for me. Eat all the fat you want, Dr. Schwarzbein says. Fat does not make you fat. I'm hoping it's true in the long run. Would appreciate any feedback on this. thanks
Beverly
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-07, 14:46

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 182/182/145 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress:

Hi all. I've been reading the SPP books for a while and after trying WW and starving and the South Beach Diet, with some success but not long-term, I have decided to really try the SPP.

I am especially encouraged by what I've seen on this board by TheBetty and plan to look at your journal.

Thanks for sharing your stories.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-08-07, 12:00

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Well, I've recently hit my first everplateau--the very thing I never believed existed. But hey, after nearly 6 years of eating well, I am grateful that I have lost nearly 100 pounds before encountering one of these cursed challenges! Eat whole foods and you can't help but be healthy and lose weight over time!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-07, 08:03

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 182/182/145 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress:
Default trying to decide what plan to use

I am in a quandary. I am about 45 pounds overweight and lately my cravings for sugar have been driving me nuts. I am 47 years old and the weight is really starting to gather around my midriff. I am just simply miserable. I am 5 feet 7 inches and weight about 185.

I have tried WW several times for brief stints and just couldn't get into that. I lost 18 pounds on south beach and that didnt' last.

I've been reading the SPP books and they make much sense, but I'm concerned that it requires a lot of cooking and meal preparation and I'm on the go a lot. I'm not sure I can do this either. I really want to find the right thing and get into it. guess I just need some inspiration. the good thing about WW is the support group whereas with SPP you can feel out there alone.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-07, 07:44

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 165/123/125 Female 65 inches
BF:21.8%
Progress: 105%

I know what you mean about not much support for SP. I keep struggling to find a forum for active SPer's, but come up cold. I was a WW and lost the weight I wanted to lose, but I also paid a price with my health. That is how I found SP...through Women to Women. I am 50, so roughly the same age bracket you are in. I think SP is really easy and do believe that you can stick pretty close while on the run, but there is a little planning involved. Did you used to go to WW meetings? If so, you could take that time to prepare some meals in advance or just boil up a dozen eggs, trim and clean vegetables for munching or for mixing in a salad. You should probably get the cookbook for inspiration too. You can purchase the roasted chickens at the grocery store, or if you go to restaurants, just order foods that fit into the program. I am a vegetarian, so that adds a little bit of extra effort. I don't travel much, but I do work outside the home and eat breakfast & lunch at the office.

You can do this. As soon as you start eating healthier, you will start feeling better and then feel more like making your health a priority. I couldn't even walk on my treadmill when I started 2 1/2 months ago, but now am starting to feel like my old self. Don't forget to take vitamins. I'm in your corner....
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-07, 13:41

Plan: schwarzbein principle
Stats: 165/180/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Is it possible we could start an online support group for SP?