Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 12:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251/242/180 Male 6'0
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Ready to see my muscles again!

So I used to be a college swimmer and as such, had pretty well defined muscles and abs. After a knee injury, my weight balooned and I can no longer even see where those muscles used to be through the layer of fat on top of them. Im going pretty hard on both the low-carb and the workouts(thankfully years of being a competitve athlete le me to not a like but a tolerance of long workouts) and Im hoping soon Ill be able to see those muscles agian. To make sure I stay motivated at the gym, Im going to join you all and keep a log of my workout activity. Ive put myself on a plan that I put together from when I was back in shape, if anyone needs any help with a good plan let me know, over the years various swim and water polo coaches have taught me many fun and sadistic ways to abuse my body!

Yesterday-

38 minutes on treadmill, speed 3.0, incline 5+(increasing treadmill one minute a day until I hit 60)

20 minutes weights- 3 sets of ten reps on bench, arms, and shoulders(cant do legs yet with my knee)

1500 yard swim(and man was i wiped, so sad, two years ago I was doing 8,000 yard a day workouts! Someday soon Ill be back there!)

Be well!

-Alex
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 10:35
Registered Member

BF:

Wednesday(yesterday) was my off day so nothing to report but the ferocity with which I plan to hit the weights after work today.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 10:50
Registered Member

BF:

Allright so I went swimming last night...for the first time since I stopped swimming competeively my senior year in college. Let me justv say that my arms hurt more after a 700 yard workout thgan they ever did after an 8000yard one. MUST GET BACK IN SHAPE. That is all for today.