Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-07, 08:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/133.0/140.0 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 114%
Smile Hello everyone!

Hello everyone! This is my first day posting on this site so I just wanted to say hello. I am about to start the Atkins diet and I found this site and felt like this would be a big help to me. I have been "stress" eating for about 6 months now and I'm ready to get rid of the "tire" I seem to have acquired around my middle. I'm ready for lots of changes in my life and this is one of the first ones. I really don't have anyone to support me on this weight loss adventure, so you guys will be it. I will appreciate any advise you can give me because you guys have already done this so you have knowledge that I don't. I have known people that have followed low-carb diets and lost plenty of weight. I seem to always be the one that never looses so I'm curious to see what happens. I started working out an hour a day 3 days a week back in December. I am also starting a walking program.
So here I am and I hope to hear from any and all! Have a wonderful day and I will keep you posted on how I do. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-07, 08:20

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 215/158.6/145 Female 5'6"
BF:Follows Behind Me!
Progress: 81%
Default Welcome SCGirl2!!!!

Welcome to the low carb way of life! This is a great site to find support, encouragement and some really great recipes. There are lots of people who have lost tons of weight and they still come back here to share their experience with those of us still on the journey. Visit here every day to keep your focus.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-07, 12:09
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome to the forums! It's nice to have you here with us!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 08:15
Registered Member

BF:
Talking Thanks a bunch!

Thank you for your posts. I'm doing ok so far. I'm a little tired at times, but nothing I don't think I can handle. One of the things that has been hard for me is to realize that if I am hungry, I CAN EAT! I'm so used to feeling deprived that it is kinda hard to just eat. I am watching my carbs and I have done very well. The other thing that I have had trouble with (and is very surprising ) is the fact I am craving sweets. I have never been a big sweet eater so I'm not sure where this is coming from. Anyone have any ideas? I just think its weird. I love this site and the questions and comments I have read so far have helped. Thanks for being so friendly!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 08:22

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

Hi SC - welcome aboard! The tiredness will pass - and then you'll most likely have lots and lots of energy. The cravings too will pass (or drastically lessen). It's your body's way of adjusting to the lack of carbs - it's saying 'I want carbs - any carbs, even sweets.' Kinda a withdrawal ...

Good luck!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 08:24
Creating my reality

Stats: 350/259/190 Male 5'11"
BF:"TILT"
Progress: 57%

Welcome... glad you are here.. This place will help give you the support you need to create that healthier and slimmer you! Congrats on taking the first step.

T-man
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 14:14

Plan: Doctors
Stats: 246/199/175 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

Welcome to LCing... it is a great way of life actually. I have been LCing since the first of March. I've lost 47 pounds and am finally past the severe craving stage. The first month was difficult. I wanted anything with carbs. It does get better, hang in there.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-07, 12:33
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the encouragement. I weighed today and I have lost 2 pounds in 4 days. I know it is probably water weight but dog-gone it the scale moved in the opposite direction it has been movin' in!!! That makes me smile.......:*).
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-07, 16:04

Stats: 185.8/185.8/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGirl2

I seem to always be the one that never loses so I'm curious to see what happens.

This was definitely how I felt before staring the LC WOE. My friends all went on various diets and lost 10 or 15 pounds, and there I was on the treadmill three times a week not losing a thing. Wait till you see how glorious it is to stick to an eating plan that really works. I have gone from doubter to believer. Whenever I need encouragement, I just log on to this site and see plain as day that it can be done, and I can do it, too. Good luck to you!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-07, 20:23

Plan: adkins
Stats: 235/132/125 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Being a long time dieter of the low-carb, I stay in a mind set of dieting, and I always need support, I found this place to be my need for a fix, lol, the kind that makes you thrive harder, reach higher and help you get to the goal you want.
There are some very special people with you here, and you can become one of those inspiration on here to others as well.
Your not alone, always remember that, and when you feel like you need a boost, get on here you will find it.
Good luck, and WELCOME...
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-07, 20:38
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/165/150 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Welcome - you will do fine

This board is the best.

Happy to you come join us.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-07, 20:52

Stats: 356/233/175 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi and welcome! We're here for you-make sure to check in with questions, vents or when you need support. Best of success to you
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-07, 21:27

Stats: 154/150/130 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi and welcome Great job on the working out! This is a great forum and people on here are very supportive.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 05:55
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you guys so much! I already feel like this is a special place. You don't know how much stronger it makes my will to stick to this eating plan when I hear from all you guys that have accomplished your goal and how happy you sound!!! I think once I get through Induction I will be fine. It's not so much the food that I eat, it's me breaking the stress-eating habit. I have always been a stress-eater, but at this time in my life, with my stress level maxed out, it is really, really hard. I am really working on NOT pigging out! So when I feel like I need inspiration, I will log on. I'm really glad I checked here this AM. My day is already not-so-good and it is only 7:53am. But you guys have made me smile and I truly appreciate that!
I hope each one of you have a truly wonderful day!!!!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 12:45

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 499.0/166.0/199.0 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Sorry I missed the introduction, but welcome to the forums. Best wishes on your success.