Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 11:34

Plan: BFC
Stats: 182/161/150 Female 5'4"
BF:dont.wanna.know
Progress: 66%
Unhappy A week of cheating....confession

Ok, here it is....I cheated three times last week and ate like I wasn't lowcarbing over the wkend. I can't seem to get back into the grove of things....how did you do it?

I've lost 10 pounds, fitting into my clothes alot better (which might be the trigger of cheating) but not as well as I'd like to. I have 10 more pounds to go to goal weight and I was planning on only making that my "mini goal" and changing my stats after I hit that one. I know it's easy to say....ok, get right back on the train next meal. I've already ate enough carbs to kill a horse today...but I've got my water glass beside me and planning to start "next meal"....I hear ya....How do you really get you mind set to "do it again"? I know that I need to or those 10 I lost will come creeping back to me faster than it took to lose them and + more.
I need some help! I totally feel like I'm outta control! I want this bad, but it seems I don't want it the way I'm "shoving" stuff into my mouth.....
There's my confession....now any words of encouragement/fussing????
HELLLLP MEEEEE!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 18:46
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Been there. I wish I knew how to get back into the swing of things. If I did, I'm sure I could write a book and be a zillionaire.

Something that usually works for me is to say to myself, "okay, if you're going to eat your carb junk, you're at least going to (x)", and the (x) is stuff like:

- take your supplements, including fiber
- drink your water
- exercise

This usually helps with damage control.

I also try to put a positive spin on things. Instead of fretting that you're off the wagon or out of control, think "I slipped today, but hey, no one's perfect. I'm already back into the swing of things mentally, and it'll only take a day or so before I feel perfectly normal again." You may not *be* back at it mentally, but tell youself you are until it happens.

Best of luck...
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 19:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/211/134 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 43%
Smile

I slipped for a week,

bad news started my 'depression'

I never realized that feeling sad could lead to this,

I need to prepare a plan for the next few months in order to keep my resolve to LC,

I imagine that most of the long timers here have had their weeks too, when it is just too much,

the WONDERFUL thing is that we know that there is a real way to go once we can,

kisses to you and the other on this forum, kisses for myself,

kisses to your goats,

julienne