Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 20:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163.5/151/130
BF:
Progress: 37%
Post Need A Buddy....!

After today's incident, I realize that I really do need a buddy. I don't have a lot of support from my family and I think in a way, that made it seem "ok" to eat bad today. And it's not. I need a buddy to help me be strong and to help me get past my cravings... I'm trying to get down to 120lbs - 130lbs and every little bit of advice and encouragment is helpful. If you're interested, reply back or email me. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 20:50

Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I've got a similar goal, and you're not too far ahead of me...I'm game for a buddy if you are!

Cheers,
KC
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 09:29
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Sounds Good To Me!

That sounds good to me! Email me!

*~* Felicia *~*
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 20:27

BF:

Hey Felicia!!

How'd you make out today? I had a not so great day, but not a total loss. I'm in the middle of finals, so my days are pretty hectic right now. It will all be over in 2 weeks...yay!!

Talk to you soon,

KC
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 00:09
Registered Member

BF:
Smile I've done pretty good!

I have to say that I've done pretty good since my little binge the other day. I did find the reason I'm not loosing numbers. Tic Tacs. Did you know that there are 16 grams of carbs in one pack of Tic Tacs? I normally have about 6 packs a day ... That's 96 grams of carbs in the Tic Tacs alone... No wonder I wasn't loosing numbers! I have lost inches though. I posted my inch loss below... Not as much as I hoped but... It's something. I was able to get into my size 9 pants today. I can't breathe but hey, I've gone from a 14 to an almost 9 in a month, can't complain, can I? Anyways, now that I've talked your ear off... lol. Why don't you email me instead of posting on the board? I tend to check my email more often than I do the board and it would be much easier (for me at least). My email address is FanBritney1785~aol.com. Well, I'll talk to ya laters!

Good Luck!

*~* Felicia *~*
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 00:21
Registered Member

BF:
Default Forgot to add the inches.... lol

*~* Inches Lost in 2 weeks *~*

Hips - 1 1/4"

Waist - 3 1/2"

Midriff 3/4"

Total inches lost - 5 1/2"

Not as much as I had hoped but... not bad.

TTYL!

*~* Felicia *~*

#7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 17:05

Stats: 147/145/125
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi
I know right where you are. I started back 18 months ago at the range you began. I had those days where nothing would do but have a *no-no*.
I think the inches off are great! You can see and feel a difference and that is what is important!
I fell of the wagon 6 months ago and now I'm ready to go back to the real life. I felt wonderful while on this diet. My migraines went away and that's worth a gold mine. Good luck to ya and if you want you can e-mail me at gakak9196~yahoo.com. I'd love to talk and be on your buddy list!
Hang in there
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 18:51

BF:

Hey girl! How goes the battle?

Today was another day of ups and downs for me...stressing about school...ack!

Hope you're doing well, all the best in your LCing!!

KC
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 19:29
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hey Hey!!

Hey Kerry!

I'm doing good. I've set myself a new goal. To loose the last 20 lbs (or at least 10lbs) in 40 days. I want to buy this really cute bathing suit but it's a bikini and I'm not quite ready for it yet. I lost 12lbs in 2 weeks before and I am re-starting Induction. I'm also taking 3 fat burners at the highest dose Atkins says to take. (don't worry, I found them in the Atkins Nutrional Book... And they're safe.) I WILL get into the bathing suit! I'm gonna need lots of encouraging words though... I want sooo bad to prove my mother wrong. I hope I can count on you! Anyways, how is it going for you??? Good, I hope! Email me!! TTYL!

*~* Felicia *~*
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-02, 08:01

BF:

Felicia girl!

You probably thought that I had given up on you!! I'm still here!! I got my scale back last night and I am working up the courage to weigh in.

I had a few cheats this week as the apartment is in a state of disaster with the renovations (take out... ), so I'm back on the wagon HARD CORE!!! I've been chugging the water like there's no tomorrow. I hope it will do the trick.

I will keep you posted on my progress. I know that my clothes don't feel any tighter, but they don't feel much looser either, so as long as I didn't gain, I will be satisfied.

How are things going with you? I'll drop you an email later in case you don't get this right away.

Happy LCing!!

KC
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-02, 10:32
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Hey!

Hey Hey! I'm doing good. I got on the scale this morning (just to see if it had changed at all, but no biggie if it hadn't...) and I've finally weighed in at under 150lbs! YAY! That was my main goal this week, to undo what the Tic Tacs did to me... And I think I have. I've lost 2.5 lbs and I still have til Monday to loose anymore... I hope I do. So, I'm on a natural high... . How about you? I hope everything goes well with the diet. Just fight the urge to cheat. I've been tempted soo many times.. But when I want a no-no, I go into my room and pull out my really cute pink and silver bikini (which I can't wear yet, but bought anyway) and ask myself if it's worth it to cheat. I then I just grab a meal replacment bar if I want something sweet... EAS Myoplex Cookies and Cream is great when I really want ice cream... It tastes like ice cream. Anyways, I hope everything is well with you... I wish you the best of luck... You CAN do it.... And you WILL do it!!!!

*~* Felicia *~*