Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-01, 11:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Prime Ready Cuts

I just want to share something I've found at the grocery store...that I really like.

It's called (Maple Leaf) Prime Fully Cooked, Ready Cuts, Marinated, sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts. It comes in a 200 gram pkg. and lists the carb counts as 3.5 gram for 100 gram serving (Italian). I have only used it on salad and it's so tasty...(especially on these hot days). For lunch today I had romaine lettuce with a little ceaser dressing and half the pkg. of chicken. A pkg. is amost 5.00..so it is a little expensive, but I think worth it for day's when it's hot or when we're rushing.

It is vaccummed packed and then in a cardboard pkg. The flavours available are Italian (my favourite), Teriyaki Chicken (never tried), and Southern Pepper Chicken. It's sold for the idea of use in salads, stir fry, pasta meals and sandwiches. A pkg. is supposed to be 2 servings or equivalent to two chicken breasts.

By the way, I shop Zehrs, but I'm sure other places that carry Maple Leaf products will have it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-01, 18:53

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

sharon, i'll have to look for that. i love maple leaf's prime chicken! it really is better chicken! i haven't seen this new product at my store yet. i work for dominion. my son works part time in the meat department. i'll ask him tonight if he's heard of it yet. zehr's is part of the loblaws chain, so if loblaws can get it, i'm sure dominion can too! thanks for the info sharon!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-01, 19:16
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

I must have missed this earlier .. .. I find I'm missing a lot of messages lately because the lightbulbs go out on the forum home page before I've had a chance to read all the categories

Anyway, yes, I also prefer the ML prime chicken and turkey ... I believe it's dry air-chilled, rather than packed in ice water. The difference in price isn't that great when you consider the water packed chicken is pretty waterLOGGED too.

I've never seen the ready-cuts ... but then I shop at No Frills and Food Basics a lot. I looked up the website, click here to sneak a peek. Now I'll know what to look for.

thanks Sharon

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-01, 19:21

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hey!! we do sell them! i recognised them when i saw the packaging! i never realized that they were already cooked! i'm definitely going to try them out! thanks ladies!

doreen, i've been finding the lightbulbs go out too! i keep checking dates and times on forums to see what's new!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-01, 19:59
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

I noticed the bulbs going out to. I'll double the time for them.

Since there are plenty of messages if you leave the forum for a few hours and then come back, I found it useful to open a new window and click on "new messages" This way I have a list of all inread topics. Quite handy.

Wa'il
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-01, 20:55
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Thumbs up cool!

Wa'il, how many months has it been? and I've never noticed the "View New Posts" (for anyone else who missed it like I did, on the forum's home page, just below all the icons at the top right, is a little welcome back so-and-so, you last visited xxx, the time is now xxx, and then you can just click to view all new posts since your last visit).

That really would be helpful, especially for me, sometimes I get busy with a postt, then I have lots of interruptions .. and when I come back to the home page, it's been BUSY, and lit up like a movie marquée...

Doreen