Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-19-11, 09:47
Registered Member

Plan: Fatkins Induction
Stats: 263/231/190 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Water Intake

I try to drink and stay close to 64 oz. per day.

What have people found out about water intake? I'm wondering about drinking too much (past 64 oz) per day results in gaining water weight. If oz of water intake doesn't matter and one should drink as much as they can. Or different opinions on the issue.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-19-11, 19:23
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
this may be a better post on the GENERAL area. I don't think I drink enough water. I drink when I'm thirsty and with meals, but I read that drinking more on LC is good. I don't know anything about drinking too much.

ANy ideas?
E
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-11, 16:19

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 147/138/129 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 50%

You don't need to 'force' water intake. Latest research shows no benefits from drinking more water than you feel thirsty for. It's true that many folk don't drink enough plain water, getting their fluids from coffee, tea, sodas, etc. so plain water when you're thirsty is likely better than bottled/canned drinks. But there are no proven benefits from drinking quarts of water daily. In fact, that can be hard on your kidneys, and upset your blood chemistry. But a glass before meals can make you feel fuller and therefore help you to eat less. So best advice is to drink the amount of water your body tells you it needs--and this can vary quite a bit daily due to activity and weather! So 3-4 glasses daily, plus other fluids should be just fine.