Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-16, 06:41
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauriSinge
...for now, he always makes sure that we go somewhere that I can order lc.
How awesome that your DH is supportive of your LC WOE and makes sure that you can eat out! Very cool!
Quote:
Surgery is this morning...kind of like a hysterectomy repair. I left a message for the food service, asking for lc meals. Am packing 5 oz nuts. If they don't come through with my request, I'll eat the nuts or just not eat! One huge benefit of fasting is that I've learned skipping a meal won't kill me, lol! It's an overnight stay. Thanks to whoever said they would pray for me, I do appreciate that!
That's great that you will only be in the hospital overnight! Best wishes on your surgery and a speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-16, 06:42
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Side Note: On average nuts have like 6 carbs & around 160 + kcals (calories) per ounce and they aren't on the A '72 Induction Acceptable Foods List.

You can find the specific carb counts and kcals for a variety of nuts here (click on the Tools tab):

http://www.calorieking.com/interact...ou-eat/?ref=nav

I'm just putting that info out there for those who think nuts are okay on A '72 Induction. They maybe on other versions of Atkins...I don't know.

Last edited by Just Jo : Thu, Jun-30-16 at 06:46. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-16, 06:58
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, love that new cheerleader pic!
Aww thanks girlie!

I PROMISE not to overdo the cutesy pictures! I don't wanna be more annoying than I usually am!
Quote:
you are so right, it never gets easier. the only thing we can do is hold our ground, stand firm, and get thru the stupid situation as best as we can!
Well said, Karen!

That's the only way to be über successful at each and every meal, craving or temptation!
Quote:
I must have said a million times, what the heck, I can't fight city hall, just eat whatever the heck I want! But, ya know what, I CAN fight city hall and win
You don't have to fight city hall!

Remember you are way smarter than "Fat Karen" who only lives to eat carb-age crap, she's very slow and tunnel visioned about carbs... you can OUTRUN her and you have countless times!
Quote:
It is JO who does water or a diet pepsi when eating out with friends I do have something. At BBQ I had a few plain ribs to '''slowly''' munch while they were attacking all that food---at the chinese place I had some cold peel and eat shrimp, again while they inhaled it all...at pizza joint I had a small side salad with ranch while they pigged out. I can't do like JO, I find a 'small something' to have while eating out and the funny thing is---the family WANTS me to eat with them. So if I just sit there I freak THEM out...isn't that wild....so when I am out with them in that situation I do a small lc food and just eat slow and little. It makes it work for us LOL
We each have our strategies for "eating out" as it should be. Or in my case, "drinking out"!

Quote:
HI ALL
just cruising along. have to mow the world today
still unpacking rv and other stuff, busy busy busy right now but at least I do work from home so I have tons of time to get it all done. Have a fun day all!!
So if you're mowing the world today, what time can I expect you at my house?

WOW, how come I didn't know you worked from home, on top of all the work required to be a mother & wife??

So what do you do??? You know we all wanna know!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-16, 09:22

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

Lauri, I will be praying for you today 🙏. Sounds like you have a strategy to stay on plan.

Karen, you truly did kick city hall to the curb by staying 100% on plan whilst on vacation. I can see why you want to unload the homestead it is like you have two homes the trailor and house that is a lot of work.

Jams, I enjoy moving and doing things because I have so much energy. I don't like to just exercise at a gym. I luv to be walking or moving. I know I can't outrun the fork but the health benefits are awesome!

Have a super day warriors and take care!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-16, 11:39

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi All!

Best of luck to you with your surgery, Lauri! I'm sure all will go well and you'll be resting and recovering soon!

Today's agenda: Going to refill propane tanks (always keep an extra, so we never run out! Steaks Forevah! BUT, our second tank, tried to connect it last night when #1 ran out, is missing a thread on the neck-makes a strange hissing sound... NOT good! SO, returning deffective for a replacement. Last night, had to finish lamb chops inside in cast iron pan- whew! SMOKEY!) Not sure what else we'll do... probably play board games, read about the Greek Gods and go down to the pool, if the sun comes out later. Also, painting toesies!!!

We leave in a week for Alaska (big family wedding) - should be fun! Gonna pack a bunch of cans of tuna and sardines. Not sure what else I can take all the way up to Alaska??? Suggestions? We will have a vehicle, and we are staying at a house (like 12 people shaing a big old house)- but you know how these big events are- your time is not always your own. I suppose I could go through a drive thru and get the emergency burger on lettuce...It's great that the true NEED for food is so much less on this WOL. I always prefer to make my own food...however, the big picture plan for meals is very unclear at this point. But I know one thing- I will go hungry before I will eat carbs, so I'm all good!

Best all,
j

Last edited by Jamackarch : Fri, Jul-01-16 at 12:21.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-16, 11:41

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
... can't outrun the fork

THIS is something I think MOST people do NOT understand.
nice quote, Berns!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-16, 17:40

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi Warriors, It's been a hectic day since last I checked in. It's amazing how 3 people can trash a house.

We started out cloudy and cool and the sun has finally broke thru.

I didn't walk today or yesterday, giving my hip joints a chance to quit hurting. I will probably walk tomorrow.

I've been going thru some of the recipes in the A72 book. They even have a recipe for noodles. I might try a couple of them.

DH wants to go out to dinner tomorrow. So I will probably end up ordering a burger and lose the bun. No french fries of course. This is the hardest when DH decides we need to eat out.

I probably never would myself, but that makes you a hermit. Probably not good to isolate ones self. LOL

Just had a BPC this morning, Coconut Oil in my coffee. That's all I wanted this morning. My energy level skyrocketed.

Egg salad for lunch, I am not hungry. I might make dinner for DH and eat something small a little later on.

I have read some hilarious things from people who know nothing about lowcarbing. They feel compelled to spout off propaganda and misinformation. I felt like saying yeah, and your Twinkies, chips and cookies are really promoting great health too. And lets not forget about white bread, and noodles and rice.

No wonder my poor daughter is confuse

I hope you have fun on your trip to Alaska Jamackarch, and you can probably stay op though it will take some planning. Hopefully your house mates won't make it hard.

Good luck on your surgery Lauri, prayers for a smooth recovery.

Thankyou Jo for your words of wisdom, I always check everyday to see what great advice you have to offer.

Congratulations Karen for staying op on your vacation.

Hope everyone has a great op day

Blessings and Peace
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-16, 08:48
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Talking

Hey HC Warriors! If you're part of this thread "The "FIRST" Challenge of 2016" please don't forget to update your stats:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...576#post9137576

IMHO, I think it's important to show those not following A '72 Induction HC how successful we continue to be doing our incredible LC WOE!
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-16, 09:24
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Hello warriors
Hiya, Berni!
Quote:
Jams, I enjoy moving and doing things because I have so much energy. I don't like to just exercise at a gym. I luv to be walking or moving. I know I can't outrun the fork but the health benefits are awesome!
Well said, girlie!

I think people would really be amazed how few kcals they actually burn exercising, but the overall health benefits are priceless!
Quote:
Have a super day warriors and take care!
Thanks and you too!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-16, 09:40
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
Hi All!
Hiya, Jams!
Quote:
Today's agenda: Going to refill propane tanks (always keep an extra, so we never run out! Steaks Forevah! BUT, our second tank, tried to connect it last night when #1 ran out, is missing a thread on the neck-makes a strange hissing sound... NOT good! SO, returning deffective for a replacement. Last night, had to finish lamb chops inside in cast iron pan- whew! SMOKEY!) Not sure what else we'll do... probably play board games, read about the Greek Gods and go down to the pool, if the sun comes out later. Also, painting toesies!!!
Sounds like you had a lot planned for your Thursday!

Bummer to run out of propane for your grill! I have a natural gas "gizmo thingy" (yeah that's a technical word for sure! HA!) on my patio if I ever decide to buy a grill I can hook up to. Sure takes the worry out of no gas for the grill!
Quote:
We leave in a week for Alaska (big family wedding) - should be fun! Gonna pack a bunch of cans of tuna and sardines. Not sure what else I can take all the way up to Alaska??? Suggestions? We will have a vehicle, and we are staying at a house (like 12 people shaing a big old house)- but you know how these big events are- your time is not always your own. I suppose I could go through a drive thru and get the emergency burger on lettuce...It's great that teh true NEED for food s so much less on this WOL. I always prefer to make my own food...however, the big picture plan for meals is very unclear at this point. But I know one thing- I will go hungry before I will eat carbs, so I'm all good!
Wow sounds like you have an AWESOME plan to stay OP for your wedding trip to Alaska!

To me that's where a lot of people come up short, they don't have contingency plans for what they will actually eat when they are out of their element.

IMHO, the only way we are truly successful is when push comes to shove, we don't surrender and eat what we KNOW is truly unhealthy for us and our LC WOE!

I hope you get a better idea about what meals will be available on your trip before you head out... the more prepared you are, the better off you'll be, IMHO!

Way to stay Warrior Strong by refusing to eat if those toxic carbs are the only edibles available!

WTG! You've GOT THIS!

Last edited by Just Jo : Fri, Jul-01-16 at 10:07. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-16, 09:54
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
I didn't walk today or yesterday, giving my hip joints a chance to quit hurting. I will probably walk tomorrow.
That sounds like a very wise choice! Hope your hip recovers quickly so you can go back to walking!
Quote:
I've been going thru some of the recipes in the A72 book. They even have a recipe for noodles. I might try a couple of them.
You'll have to let us know how those recipes work out!

I personally don't do any of the LC recipes in that book or anywhere else... it awakens too many of my food related issues. And a lot of LC recipes are still "carby" which means watching portion sizes and MODERATION is not in my lexicon!
Quote:
DH wants to go out to dinner tomorrow. So I will probably end up ordering a burger and lose the bun. No french fries of course. This is the hardest when DH decides we need to eat out.

I probably never would myself, but that makes you a hermit. Probably not good to isolate ones self. LOL
You can usually google whatever place your DH decides to take you to and find out what's on their menu ahead of time... gives you an opportunity to figure out what is OP before you're dinner out!
Quote:
Just had a BPC this morning, Coconut Oil in my coffee. That's all I wanted this morning. My energy level skyrocketed.

Egg salad for lunch, I am not hungry. I might make dinner for DH and eat something small a little later on.
Diminished appetite and high levels of energy are some of the big PROs of this LC WOE!
Quote:
I have read some hilarious things from people who know nothing about lowcarbing. They feel compelled to spout off propaganda and misinformation. I felt like saying yeah, and your Twinkies, chips and cookies are really promoting great health too. And lets not forget about white bread, and noodles and rice.

No wonder my poor daughter is confused.
OMG don't even get me started on that topic!

All I really know is what I've experienced and what my results have been.

This incredible LC WOE works like magic for me. My doctor is totally on board which is a BIG PLUS, but even if she wasn't, I certainly would NOT change my LC WOE to conform to whatever WOE she thought was better.

Is your DD looking to get healthier and lose some weight?
Quote:
Thankyou Jo for your words of wisdom, I always check everyday to see what great advice you have to offer.
Awww shucks thanks for the kind words!

You know that's what we're all here for to offer advice borne from our experiences doing A '72 HARD CORE as we support and encourage each other on our journeys to better HEALTH and skinny-dom!
Quote:
Hope everyone has a great op day!
Thanks and you too, Judy!

Last edited by Just Jo : Fri, Jul-01-16 at 09:54. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-16, 12:23

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Judy, glad you takin it easy.
Jams, I always bring my canned tuna or salmon, can opener, and my bags of salad. HCA-72 fast food. If I can't find a store to buy my protein on longer trips you can always get at McDonald's quarter pounder patties alacarte and a side salad. Subway will put any Sammy over salad they have packets of red wine vinegar and olive oil for dressing.
I have even done Wendy's just get the side Caesar sans croutons and their grilled chik sans buns. Fast food chik salad. Once you get to the house you could always stock up on bags of salad and eggs for emergency.
I figure this is my life so there is never a reason to go off plan I would just wait to get back if nothing available 😀👍. Have a wonderful trip!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-16, 12:34

BF:

Happy CANADA DAY, ALL!!!

DD and I are sitting here relaxing (on our screens, shame shame! *we have limited ourselves to two hours a day over vacation...) at the monolith Starbux...fireplace, giant couches, three level skylights...it's as beautiful as a church. She's got iced tea, I've got black Pike Roast, as usual. Sippin' n snoopin'...

We are hanging out and waiting for DH to finish work across the street, then we are all going to go see a movie; Nemo2, to kick off our long weekend! After that, out for lunch. Don't know where, but I'll probably just get my usual; green salad w oil n vinegar, and some plain protien. This WOL is totally doable, even out in the real world...

Found out a little more about the wedding- Well, on Saturday night, they are roasting a pig and serving salmon too- so, that's easy. As for the rest of the time, don't know. Thinking about packing some of MY bacon in my suitcase along with the tuna and sardines...then again, it's not like there are no grocery stores up there... Any other suggestions?

I wish things were a bit more organized. I don't know of any sort of schedule yet or what the requirements will be on Friday... I'm not sweating it-just would prefer to have a plan in place. No matter, I'll figure it out. (If nothing else, a mug, some butter, a dozen eggs and a microwave will sustain me!)

Hope eveyone has a fun, op, weekend planned!!!

We will walk to the park to see fireworks on Monday-just gonna' hang out and have fun the rest of the time. Maybe plan a little bit for my new spelling program for next year...

Happy Friday everyone!

jams
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-16, 12:37

BF:

Quote:
Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Judy, glad you takin it easy.
Jams, I always bring my canned tuna or salmon, can opener, and my bags of salad. HCA-72 fast food. If I can't find a store to buy my protein on longer trips you can always get at McDonald's quarter pounder patties alacarte and a side salad. Subway will put any Sammy over salad they have packets of red wine vinegar and olive oil for dressing.
I have even done Wendy's just get the side Caesar sans croutons and their grilled chik sans buns. Fast food chik salad. Once you get to the house you could always stock up on bags of salad and eggs for emergency.
I figure this is my life so there is never a reason to go off plan I would just wait to get back if nothing available 😀👍. Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks Berns! Exactly what I was thinking. Yeah, there is NO DEVIATING> THIS IS IT. Never a reason to eat carbage. I'll seriously "starve" before I'll derail myself. I KNOW what happens if I stray. So, NOT gonna happen.

Salmon in a can is a good idea too, thanks!

I know we will go grocery shopping, it's just a question of WHEN.

In the mean time, I will have my tuna.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-16, 12:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo

All I really know is what I've experienced and what my results have been.

Could truer words have ever been spoken? ...no.

NO ONE can argue with the results.

Jo, you are a living, breathing, inspiration, lead-by-example, cannot deny reality (although, somehow some people still do...) brilliant example of what VLC can do for people's health. awesomeness!

Leaders don't tell people to follow them, people just do.

Happy Friday!
j

Last edited by Jamackarch : Fri, Jul-01-16 at 20:14.
Closed Thread