Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 08:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/260/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 13%

*sigh*

the thought of that depresses me so much...like after i do all that work i'll still feel ugly until i can have surgery...the price of which i could never afford, nor could i afford the time off i'd need for recovery...

i know i should just get off the subject...it's not helping me right now...

but i wish the skin would just go back...

but damage is damage, i suppose...and i did it...so it's not undeserved...

Last edited by iasi : Tue, Jun-27-06 at 08:49. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 08:55
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iasi
*sigh*

the thought of that depresses me so much...like after i do all that work i'll still feel ugly until i can have surgery...the price of which i could never afford, nor could i afford the time off i'd need for recovery...

i know i should just get off the subject...it's not helping me right now...

but i wish the skin would just go back...

but damage is damage, i suppose...and i did it...so it's not undeserved...

ahhh...but you are not looking at the whole picture and you are just focusing on one small aspect of losing all this weight. How about focusing on how you will look in those smaller sizes.... and how you will feel when you lose over 100 lbs.....that is the best feeling in the world.

Even with some skin issues, the right clothes can make it all disappear. For now, how about focusing on staying on your plan and losing the next 10 lbs and stop worrying about what is going to happen when you are finished.....you've got some time between now and then.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 09:40

BF:

oh, i know i have time...but...well...

i am single...so looking great IN clothes isn't all i am worried about, if you know what i mean...

i'm not getting any younger...and i still want to connect with someone and have kids.

and yeah, that's a whole nother ball of wax, so i guess i better shut it, eh?

ah, well...
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 09:47
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
oh, i know i have time...but...well...

i am single...so looking great IN clothes isn't all i am worried about, if you know what i mean...

i'm not getting any younger...and i still want to connect with someone and have kids.

and yeah, that's a whole nother ball of wax, so i guess i better shut it, eh?

ah, well...

We all have many issues that are deeply affected by our weight. Thats what I use my journal for...to write about it all and get it up and out of brain.

You are still a young woman and alot of your skin issues may resolve on their own. I'm alot older than you and I'm seeing my skin go back a bit now.

Try having a bit more of a positive attitude, see the glass as half full instead of half empty...know what I mean?
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 09:50

BF:

i know...and i'll try...

thanks, judy!
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jul-14-06, 18:33
Attitude is a Choice

this thread needs to be seen...so I'm bumping it back up!!
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Aug-14-06, 00:47
Princess Perseverant

Plan: general LC - pregnant
Stats: 250/157/157 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

well i'm not quite at 100 pounds lost, but i'm close. right now i'm between 96 and 98 pounds lost. i'm seeing fluctuations between 152 and 154 on the scale. i got there in nov '04, and since then i've been up and down a few pounds, but no more than that, so i've kept off 85+ pounds for 2 years.

i absolutely would never have done it without low carb. i'd tried dieting in the past and it only made me fatter, ultimately - i would never have *needed* to lose 100 pounds if i hadn't dieted low fat.

incidentally, since i'm originally from england, and we weigh in stone and pounds, not just pounds, 100 pounds doesn't carry the emotional weight for me it would carry for some. however, i can say i have lost seven stone and *that* is truly amazing.

life is immeasurably better. it was a long process; my body is not the most cooperative one even *with* lowcarbing - it took 3 years to lose that weight, with many stalls, including one that lasted eight months. i started off with carb addicts, and lost the first fifty pounds that way, and then switched to atkins. although i was still indulging myself on carb addicts, i far prefer the way i physically feel on atkins.

the last two years have been an interesting struggle, staying on track. i'd say that my default diet is low carb, but that i still go through phases when i struggle with my desire to be able to eat like everyone else, or to eat the foods i still love. right now i happen to be in a very strong state of mind and i don't even want to cheat - but that doesn't mean it'll stay that way, and i have to recognize it. i did allow myself to creep back up to 162/163, and i've only in the past few months managed to get back to 153/154. I'd like to lose another 15 pounds or so, but even so, currently i am thinner than i have been my entire life since the age of 13. i look in the mirror and i know that while i have flaws and am still not thin, anyone looking at me will not think 'she's fat'. they simply won't. in fact, i was talking to my cleaner the other day about being strict with my diet and having to lose a bit of weight and she looked at me with that 'sceptical look' that you see when people are looking at thin people complaining about their weight. it was quite bizarre to see that look and to know that it's almost justified, that i don't look like someone who needs to lose weight anymore.

i think all my experiences leading up to this point have taught me how to stay on track. having dieted low fat, i know i have no option but to eat low carb. i know this has to be a way of life.

i'm lucky in that i work from home and so have it relatively easy in terms of preparing food. i'm sure it would be more of a challenge if i was around the wrong foods more than i am now. on the other hand, every weekend i'm faced with two dinner parties, often outside the home, that i have to navigate. that's a difficulty of my lifestyle. but i'm determined that i'll continue to meet the challenge. going up and down a few pounds is one thing, but i am never going to see the wrong side of 200 pounds again. if i can help it, i'm never goign to see the wrong side of 160 again either, but you never know what'll happen in the future.

this forum and the friends i've made on it have definitely made a difference. it's so wonderful to have people who understand share your journey.
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Aug-15-06, 07:25

Stats: 523/504.2/240 Male 6'3"
BF:DOH!/better/bestes
Progress: 7%

Im still around, just been lurking in the shadows. I have maintain most of my weight loss. I seem to keep losing and regaining the same 10 to 20 pounds over the last year or so. I get really motivated, usually on a monday morning then by wednesday I am catching myself overdue it on the low carb ice cream, or I miss a walk or we go out on the weekend and I find an excuse to get popcorn at the movies with plain m&m's (my old pre-atkins favorite). I then get really down on myself and try to restart. It seems like I am spinning out of control and having a hard time doing it the way I did for over a year. I pray each day I can get my head right. Could use a few extra prayers if you guys could throw some my way
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Aug-15-06, 07:38
Registered Member

Plan: M/E
Stats: 206/168/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

I'll be thinking of you stoop! This way of life can be so frustrating at times but I know if I stick with it all will be great in the end! I have a problem of getting within 30 pounds of goal and going back to my horrible eating habits and no exercise...this time I am determined to see it through. I will say a prayer for you if you do the same for me. I see you live in Florida, I am a Texas girl but lived in Winter Park, Florida right out of high school in 1989. My now ex-husband was in the Navy. Florida is beautiful...we have some ugly beaches here in Texas, lol.
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Aug-15-06, 09:05

Plan: my own
Stats: 286/168/- Male 5'7
BF:almost.
Progress: 121%

Quote:
those of you that have lost triple digits and are at your goals...i have a question...

i am terribly worried about having extra hanging skin all over my torso....when i lost 65 lbs before it looked really bad...like someone had deflated me. what experences, if any, did you all have with that? i'm worried that if i lose all this weight i'll be afraid to take my clothes off even then...

thanks...

well, what's important and what everyone who needs to lose alot should strive for is to avoid the "skinny fat" look. basically becoming a smaller version of your current shape.

unfortunately, when many people embark on a weight loss journey they lose fat but a good amount of lean mass "muscle" as well. to combat this, it's important to incorporate a good strength training regiment into your workouts. make this your priority and cardio should come second. this will build muscle and make the "skinny fat" look much less apparent and eventual you will become toned and able to maintain your new physique much more easily.

for us men, yes this is a little easier we have it engrained in the social conciouss that weight lifting is a manly thing to do...

Unfortunately, mainstream media has convinced women strength training is not necessary and or prefer to do cardio like "walking". light cardio has it's plus, but what's really needed is to fix people's metabolism and more muscle mass will do this.

me myself, I learned the hard-way and wished I had started to strength train from the very beginning, but now I realize my mistake and train hard, for least the past year. so everything is working out.
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Aug-15-06, 09:12

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoop411
I miss a walk or we go out on the weekend and I find an excuse to get popcorn at the movies with plain m&m's (my old pre-atkins favorite). I then get really down on myself and try to restart. It seems like I am spinning out of control and having a hard time doing it the way I did for over a year. I pray each day I can get my head right. Could use a few extra prayers if you guys could throw some my way

I'll say a prayer when I say the one for myself! I'm that way exactly!!! I work so hard all week then comes the weekend and it's going out drinking/munchies or movies with popcorn with the kids!!! Then come Monday the scale shows all my hard work went down the drain - such a terrible roller coaster!!! I want off the ride!!!!
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-06, 08:29

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less
Progress: 81%

I had lost 103 pounds as of July 4th and then hit my first stall since beginning last September. Six weeks of nothing. As of today, I am down another pound and have lost 104 pounds! I think that one pound was the most exciting loss I have seen on the scale since my first week!

Has anyone else that has entered onederland after a long time at a very high weight had trouble saying and writing the 'one' number? I still write the first number as a "2" on WID before I realize my mistake. I got a shocked look the other day when a relative I hadn't seen in nearly a year asked how much I weighed now and I replied, "293 pounds." It took me a while to realize what I had said until she said I really didn't look like I weigh that much.

Sunny!
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-06, 09:01
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyCarol
I had lost 103 pounds as of July 4th and then hit my first stall since beginning last September. Six weeks of nothing. As of today, I am down another pound and have lost 104 pounds! I think that one pound was the most exciting loss I have seen on the scale since my first week!

Has anyone else that has entered onederland after a long time at a very high weight had trouble saying and writing the 'one' number? I still write the first number as a "2" on WID before I realize my mistake. I got a shocked look the other day when a relative I hadn't seen in nearly a year asked how much I weighed now and I replied, "293 pounds." It took me a while to realize what I had said until she said I really didn't look like I weigh that much.

Sunny!

Big Congrats Sunny!!!

I do know the feeling of finally seeing the scale move after being in a stall. What a huge relief!!!

It also took me a few months when I was getting into regular Missy sizes...I still kept shopping in the Womens depts. I didn't feel like I belonged in the regular size dept. and when I finally did venture into them and tried on a cute top, I was shocked to see what I looked like in the mirror!!

It took a few months before I started to feel comfortable with my new size.
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-06, 10:29

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
It also took me a few months when I was getting into regular Missy sizes...I still kept shopping in the Womens depts. I didn't feel like I belonged in the regular size dept. and when I finally did venture into them and tried on a cute top, I was shocked to see what I looked like in the mirror!!

It took a few months before I started to feel comfortable with my new size.
I find that when I am looking at a catalogue or on the internet, I automatically check to see if they have plus sizes. I don't need to pay extra anymore.
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-06, 19:15

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 290/163/160 Female 5ft. 9in.
BF:I'm shedding it!
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin
well, what's important and what everyone who needs to lose alot should strive for is to avoid the "skinny fat" look. basically becoming a smaller version of your current shape.

unfortunately, when many people embark on a weight loss journey they lose fat but a good amount of lean mass "muscle" as well. to combat this, it's important to incorporate a good strength training regiment into your workouts. make this your priority and cardio should come second. this will build muscle and make the "skinny fat" look much less apparent and eventual you will become toned and able to maintain your new physique much more easily.

for us men, yes this is a little easier we have it engrained in the social conciouss that weight lifting is a manly thing to do...

Unfortunately, mainstream media has convinced women strength training is not necessary and or prefer to do cardio like "walking". light cardio has it's plus, but what's really needed is to fix people's metabolism and more muscle mass will do this.

me myself, I learned the hard-way and wished I had started to strength train from the very beginning, but now I realize my mistake and train hard, for least the past year. so everything is working out.

I agree, strength training works wonders for your body. I started my low carb journey almost a year ago and started strength training a few weeks later. After losing 130 lbs. I'm really pleased with the way my body has shaped up. I've never had arms like this before, my muscles are defined and I wear sleeveless shirts as often as possible to show them off.