Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-17, 10:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/180/147 Female 64
BF:
Progress:
Default After Phase 1

Hi all
I am new here. I have one more day until I move on to Phase 2. However, I still have 25 pounds to go. Therefore, I am going to stay on phase 1 until I reach 15 more pounds left to go. My question is, once I am 15 pounds away from being at my goal weight, do I move to phase 2 or jump to phase 3?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-17, 11:37

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Welcome! And congratulations on your commitment to following your chosen plan. That's actually one of the "secrets" to success.
Quote:
My question is, once I am 15 pounds away from being at my goal weight, do I move to phase 2 or jump to phase 3?
It's totally up to you. If you are feeling good and your weight continues to drop at a rate that suits you, feel free to move up to the next Phase. Weight loss slows down the closer you get to goal. In any case, it's unpredictable. Every body has a plan all its own.

As time goes by, you'll be tuning the plan to suit yourself. However, keep in mind that LC works if YOU work IT. It's not a "diet" you abandon once you get to some arbitrary goal weight. Because then you'll get your arbitrary HIGH weight right back, with friends. That's almost a guarantee.

Best wishes.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-17, 21:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, IF, VLCHFLC
Stats: 375/270/225 Male 6ft 0in
BF:Nope I'm Straight
Progress: 70%

One of the things I love about this WOE (way of eating) is that I can just do it with out much thought. I did this years Ago with a lot of success. My job change got me off program (started trucking). I am off the raod and 5 months into the WOE again and I am still what yo are calling Phase one. It is whart I like. I feel great on it and my body responds well to it.

Not sure which atkins book your following but in the earlier book it says to be in induction for AT LEAST 2 weeks. not only. then you can up the carbs a little at a time until ketosis stops drop down a bit and stay there or less to lose the weight. many of us choose to stay under 20.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-17, 04:47

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

The purpose of Phases is not only to find your personal Level of Carbs for Losing and then Maintaining but also to see how your body handles certain foods. Suggest you try the foods in Phase 2 in order to first see those results.
You may find nuts are addictive and wildly overeat them, or that More Dairy, which can be insulinogenic, stops your weight loss in its tracks. Some people find that dairy doesn't work for them yet they can add starchier veg from Phase 3.

Consider Atkins phases as the predecessor of now trendy Elimination Diets like Whole30. You are testing foods One At a Time to find what is healthy for YOU and learning which ones to avoid that pack on pounds or cause skin and joint issues.

Just to clarify, did you start LC on 1/3 and have lost one pound in the first 2 weeks?

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Jan-17-17 at 08:00.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-17, 11:42

BF:
Progress:

Hi I started phase 1 on 1/3 and I lost 4 pounds the first week and 4 pounds the second week. I do love nuts but yes they are way too adictive to me.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-17, 12:46

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Great, congratulations on your success, an indication you got this plan in hand. There are no brakes on nuts for me either, which is why the clinic versions of LC often eliminate them completely. But you don't have much to lose so just keep an eye on amounts.
Your stats in the upper right corner of posts do not reflect your success. You can edit your profile anytime at User CP in green bar.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-17, 07:32

BF:
Progress:

ok..great thank you.