Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 13:30

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 240/228/125
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Any ppl on "SP" in Santa Barbara???

Hi all!! I was wondering if there were any of you who live in Santa Barbara, CA? If so does anyone know of any support groups for ppl on "SP"? Would anyone be interested in starting a support group?
~manda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 11:40

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%

If there is one any where it should be in Santa Barbara. That is Schwarzbein practices medicine.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 12:02

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 240/228/125
BF:
Progress: 10%

Yeah she has support groups but they cost a fortune. I looked into an appointment with her but I can't afford the $500 initial and $150 after with a physician's assistant. And insurance covers very little. I was hoping to do something informal. Oh well.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 14:25

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%

This forum we are on is the best support I have ever gotten while trying to lose weight. It is not in person but it sure is personal. It is a good start and you might put a free ad in one of the local papers and see if you have any one in the area that wants the same things you do. It is spring and the park makes a great free meeting place. Until you know people common sense says don't invite them over. You might check your local Parks and Rec programs. I am here in Northern CA and the classes offred include many types of support groups. They may even help you organize one. Good Luck!!

#5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 09:34

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

I can not help with your original question, but am curious ~ do you live where you can tune into the radio program mentioned on her web site? ~ "The Jock and Doc Show"?

If so what is that like is she on it very often?
Any helpful information?
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 11:06

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default About Support Groups

I agree with Judy about this' being the best support group you can find. I have been on Weight Watchers and never had the kind of support I get here. It's great reading what people are going through, trying to offer my support and ideas and receiving the same from others when I need it.

Also, it's interesting, when I talked with my gynocologist about low-carbing, her comment was that she thought WW was the best way to lose weight because of the support group aspect. Maybe I'm just not a joiner, but I never felt "supported" at WW, just judged.

;-Deb