Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-08, 14:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232.6/207/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Seeking Buddies in the Cariboo

Hello I am North of Cache Creek and would love to find Buddies to talk with and share weight loss tips and weight gain blahs with.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-08, 15:11

Stats: 238.5/154/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hey Pam...where in the heck are you? I'm in Cache Creek.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-08, 00:18

BF:

Hi Tiashanty, It is so good to hear from you. I am up by Hixon area. I am so glad someone responded. I see you have lost a lot of weight. Congrats.. I just started and have lost eight pounds in my first two weeks. Regards Pam
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-08, 09:39

BF:

You're doing great Pam. Yea, I had lost a great deal of weight...but the creep is starting. Now, I'm 14 lbs. from goal and fighting it every day. Nothing seems to be working for me. Maybe once winter hits and I'm not spending so much time in my garden I can get back on the treadmill. I'm hoping anyway. Keep up the good work.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-08, 11:04

BF:

It was wonderful to hear from you Donna. I will be going on my stationary bike and the treadmill soon. My foot (nerve damage from diabetes) is feeling a bit better from the 10lb weight loss so onward and downward. Congrats on almost being at your goad weight. Keep in touch when you can. Regards Pam
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-08, 12:55

BF:

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. It's been really busy at work and then when I get home I have the garden to do, cut the grass...well, you know.

I've really been struggling lately with this woe. It's just me I know...there's been a lot of stress lately. But, we're going on holidays in 2 weeks so it should be better.

I used to walk 3 miles every night but just haven't found the time this summer. Only made it twice....shame on me! Then, when the cooler weather hit and I brought out my jeans I've found that they are tight in the thighs...from not walking. So, I'm back on the treadmill starting 2 days ago. I filled my IPod with fast songs and I do at least 1 mile each night. I do really enjoy it, so I'm going to keep at it and do it for me!!

Talk to you soon...I'll try to get back in here faster than I have been.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-08, 10:12

BF:

I forgot to ask if you have a good supply of lc recipes. That's what saved me so many times when I was feeling the "need" for something different. I have a huge binder of recipes now...spent hours searching the net. In case you haven't found it, this is my favorite site

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html hmmm, wonder why it didn't highlite. Anyway, you can type in the address. If you were looking for a specific recipe maybe I can help.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-08, 23:44

BF:

Hi Donna, was great to hear from you, and thank you for the low carb recipe site. I was trying to go up the ladder and have some higher carb vegs gained 1/2 lb and trying to get it off. The battle of the bulge is tough.. right now the bulge is winning haha! .. I am off to the Dr tomorrow to talk to him about the weight I have lost so far (12 - 15lbs) started Atkins on Aug. 7th
I have been trying to get a walk in and managed one on Monday. I too have a treadmill and must dust it off and get on it!! Hope all is well with you.. Keep in touch.. Pam Katz
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-08, 12:17

BF:

Way to go on the loss Pam. That's great for just a month! It is a battle but we can win it! I felt so good when I reached my goal and now I find I'm beating myself up cause I've gained a little back. But, it's slowly coming off..in fact I see I can change my weight on my signature line again...little goals really help me.

Didn't get to do my walk last night cause we went to Kamloops. Dh plays slowpitch and they had a practise. (I think it's just a good excuse for them to drink beer afterwards. lol)
But, I'll get back on it tonight. I actually missed doing the walk. I'm thinking my pants are getting a little looser.

I get to take my grandkids shopping this weekend so I know I'll be putting in the miles with them. Just not as young as I used to be and I don't have the endurance to keep up with those little ones. I enjoy it though.

Back to work for me. Talk to you soon.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-08, 15:44

BF:

I've leaving on holidays this Friday for 2 weeks. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. Will be back Oct. 6th. Take care.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-08, 23:25

BF:

Hi Donna, I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Let me know when your back. Regards Pam
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 14:37

BF:

Hi Pam...we're back. It was definitely a different holiday. We took my dmil this year and it was pretty stressful for me. She lost her dh in January and has kind of lost her spark. She's also diabetic and doesn't watch what or when she eats. She wasn't left in very good shape financially so she's afraid to spend any money. We paid for everything except her gambling and anything she wanted to buy. She didn't want her son to do anything for her so I was left to do everything. Plus, she followed me everywhere I went and panicked if she couldn't find me. Not a relaxing holiday for sure. Oh, and the first day out...in Vernon we were in an accident. Some guy was reaching for a bag of chips (see, he should have been eating lc), and didn't see the car in front of him stop for a left turn. When he looked up he cranked the wheel and went right down the side of our motorhome. About $2000 damage. We were able to keep driving though.

So, I was pretty stressed all the time and by the end of the holiday I was pretty much eating just about anything that I wanted. I was scared to get on the scale...but was lucky and just gained 2 lbs. So, on Monday I went back on induction and I'm down 3.5 lbs. now. Funny how I could eat so much crap and only gain a little but when I have a little slip at home I gain and can't get rid of it. I've also gotten back on the treadmill so maybe that's helping.

I went in and read your journal and I was wondering why you are eating potatoes. Aren't you eating lc?

You also said in your journal that you were busy in your shop. What kind of shop do you have? We've been writing a little bit now but don't really know anything about each other. So here goes:

I work full time as a secretary for a trucking company. I have 2 grown kids (boy and girl) and 3 grandkids Micayla, Kaedyn and Nolyn who are the light of my life. My dh and I own the Shell station in Cache Creek. (not for long I hope). Hmmmm, can't think of what else to write. Any questions just ask.

Wow...this has turned into a book. Funny how much you miss the computer when you can't get on it. I took my laptop on holidays and could only get interent access once the whole trip.

Okay...off to work. Hope all is well with you.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 17:15

BF:

Hi Donna,
So sorry to hear about your stressful holiday. I am glad the accident wasn't serious. I own a wine making store and am having a stressful time because my employee quit without notice and it is a busy time of year. I am married, have four grown children, and have five wonderful Grandkids so far..I went to see the Orthopedic Surgeon in PG and I need a tendon transplant in my left ankle..grrrrrrrr it seems to be a never ending battle between my knee replacement in my right leg and my ankle on my left foot.. I am in a cast until I see him again at the end of Oct. sigh..My Dr is so impressed with my bloodsugars since I went on Atkins.. I couldn't get my 30g of carbs from vegs without adding potatoes on a couple of occassions.. it is not something I would do regularly..I think I will go back down to induction again and get losing again. Thanks for keeping in touch.. Regards Pam
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-08, 21:09

BF:

Hi Pam. Wow, you've really been going through a lot. Darned employees...we had our graveyard guy do the same thing to us just a week before we were supposed to be going on holidays. Hope it turn out okay. I know you're in a really small town so it's hard to find people to work.

I saw an article on the cover of a magazine today that caught my eye...it says a diet better than Atkins. You're supposed to lose faster by upping and then lowering your carbs. I haven't read the article yet but it sounds interesting. I've heard of people who do this and have good results. I'll let you know what it says.

Happy Thanksgiving. Talk to you next week.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-08, 10:20

BF:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Donna..have a great long weekend..