Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-19-12, 05:54
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Paleo/Atkins/IF
Stats: 178.4/151/130 Female 5'5"
BF:28%/24.9%/20%
Progress: 57%
Default Reposted from my journal because it applies.

I recently adopted intermittent fasting because I was losing muscle mass. I had a stall for a month and I discovered what my latest stall/problem was....definitely too many calories during my breaking fast. I went to a 20/4 split about 5 days ago but no changes in weight....guess it just took a little getting used to. Last night was the first time I didn't feel a need to stuff my face the whole 4 hours of break! Finally lost 1/2 pound and back to 161.0. If weight loss goes too slow (less than 1/2 pound a week), I'm thinking maybe to extend the split to 22/2. Anybody doing IF, feel free to post your thoughts on this!

You know what I love most about the IF - not cooking so much and being able to afford great foods! Last night's dinner was a small chef salad and homemade shrimp cocktail made with 1 carb ketchup. I munched on a few pumpkin seeds and towards the end of the fast I had 2 whole cups of SF banana cream pudding made with my homemade milk substitute that has 2 carbs per cup! Yeah, baby!!!!

Once upon a time, before going low carb, I used to need around 60-70 units of insulin a day (via pump). As of yesterday, I am now down to 24 units a day and have been trending downwards this whole month. I have hope that I really will be able to eliminate the need for insulin completely with this WOE!!! Blood sugar this morning at the new level is 91, so it's working!!!! I did go hypo twice yesterday with sugars of 67 and 71 and that's what had me change from 27 down to 24. I'm so excited about the sugars and insulin use!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-23-12, 14:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195.0/181.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:44%/40%/22%
Progress: 23%

TERRIFIC NEWS~!~!~! keep at it, Centaura57!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-23-12, 15:34

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I hate to be blunt but I don't know how else to say it. Bear with me, I meen not to be rude. When you finally get your fasting meal, your need to "feed your face," is in your head. Measure out a descant sized meal not a stuffing sized meal, and eat it, then walk away. It could take up to 20 min to feel full but you don't know that when your eating and causing you to over eat. I also IF, I don't rely on my gut to tell me when I had enough, I've been known to stuff it all in myself. My gut is what got me into this mess in the first place.

Its great that your lowering your BS numbers and using less insulin. I was "pre-diabetic," at least thats what they called it. I didn't need insulin, just fix my diet. Its a long road, your on the right one. I to like that I don't have to cook as much or stop to eat all the time.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-01-12, 14:34
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Paleo/Atkins/IF
Stats: 178.4/151/130 Female 5'5"
BF:28%/24.9%/20%
Progress: 57%
Default IF still working

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexym2
I hate to be blunt but I don't know how else to say it. Bear with me, I meen not to be rude. When you finally get your fasting meal, your need to "feed your face," is in your head. Measure out a descant sized meal not a stuffing sized meal, and eat it, then walk away. It could take up to 20 min to feel full but you don't know that when your eating and causing you to over eat. I also IF, I don't rely on my gut to tell me when I had enough, I've been known to stuff it all in myself. My gut is what got me into this mess in the first place.

Its great that your lowering your BS numbers and using less insulin. I was "pre-diabetic," at least thats what they called it. I didn't need insulin, just fix my diet. Its a long road, your on the right one. I to like that I don't have to cook as much or stop to eat all the time.

I don't feed my face either. lol I did the first 3-4 days but after that it just turned into a regular meal and then some snacks to get the calories up if needed. I still have days where it's all I can do to get in 900 calories but they're few and far between. Besides, I tend to think they're actually helping so long as they're not too frequent.