Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-24-15, 08:31

Plan: Mix
Stats: 464/344/250 Male 6
BF:
Progress:
Default Marks Log

Figured I'd start a log here, but instead of geared for the amount of weight lifted, this one will be for the amount of weight lost, it'll be a switch for me but it should help keep me accountable in the long run.

For lifting, I'll follow older templates I wrote based on periodization for upper body, and typically 3-5 rep schemes for lower body. I'll be doing a 3 day split, 2 upper and 1 lower days. I also bike ride, mostly single track but road and stationary lately due to the insane amount of rain Texas has seen lately, all the trails are under water.

It's going to be hard to flip the switch and stick with weight loss as my main focus instead of lifting heavy all the time. I just "retired" from competitive powerlifting last year, and it's hard to switch up the training and such to get out of that mindset. At 30 years old, I have to make the switch now before my weight starts impacting my health. I've had luck in the past maintaining strength while low carbing, so we'll see how that works out this time around.

Cardio being a more larger focus, my family and I enjoy backpacking and hiking quite a bit. We have three 8 day trips planned coming up in June and July, those are always awesome for getting diets and eating back on track since what you have to eat is what you pack, and anything you can catch/hunt/pick on the trail plus hiking 8+ miles a day.

Last edited by mark! : Sun, May-24-15 at 08:44.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-24-15, 08:40

Plan: Mix
Stats: 464/344/250 Male 6
BF:
Progress:

Did 5 miles last night averaging 18 MPH on the stationary bike. It's hard getting on that thing while my mountain bike sits in the rack in the garage. Maybe this damn rain will ease up eventually and the trails will dry out before Christmas.