Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 17:06
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/148.5/130 Female 5 '
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default Who said 5' was short ...

... I think being 5' is fine but my scale thinks I should be much taller ... hahaha
Anyway ...{giggle} ... I finally decided to start a SERIOUS weight loss program. So I picked up a book and embarked on shaping a new me ... I am "Doing Atkins" ...

I started my program on October 1st, a few weeks ago. Isn't it interesting how you feel when you see the scale dropping instead of increasing? ... A smile crosses your face ... Your spirits lift... Then after a wek or so passed I checked it again ... nothing ... the scale was the same ... How did I feel then? Well, a little let down ~ But~ I am going to stick to my "shrinking" program!!

I plan to stay in the "Induction Stage" for a few more weeks. I know it will be a while until the scale drops the 30 or so pounds (MY goal).

Why don't the stores carry more "cute" clothes for short women? At least my area doesn't. ... dilemma ...

Hope to hear from all of you soon!
Your new friend,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 07:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 163/146/140 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hi BouncyChiC

Welcome to low carbing. I have got a few more inches than you... height wise. but thought I would let you know that this diet seems to go in fits and starts... weight loss then nothing then another round of weight loss, so dont get disheartened if you stay the same weight for several weeks, my biggest stall was three months... boo, hiis, but then it started going again, so it pays to stay. the good feeling and energy alone is worth everything... good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 12:38
Contributing Member

BF:

Hi there Chris,

Nice to meet you! And thanks for the words of encouragement. Being short would not be so difficult if the scale would show the right weight ... hahahaha... and I don't think I am going to grow any taller. Oh well.

You mentioned you stalled for 3 months, how did you keep yourself motivated? How long have you been on your program? Any secrets? ... or tips? ... so many ... {giggle}
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 13:11

BF:

Mostly, I snivelled and moaned on this forum, the long suffering members are very good at listning and keeping one's moral up : : and I really felt betternot eating the carbs so kept at it, with hardly a single cheat. It was made more difficult because my husband (And this is grounds for divorce, I reckon!) cheated almost on a daily basis and shed Lbs and Lbs... bloody men!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 13:45
Contributing Member

BF:

Chris,

Knowing that others have the same difficulties as I do helps so much! And having someone to "talk" to is even better.

Speaking of husbands ... I am sooooo jealous because mine is on the thin side. Yes, he makes me my low carb breakfast every morning and I make him a low carb dinner every night .... but then he sits and eats a bar of chocolate .... {giggle} ... he can eat anything and still remain THIN ... why is it that so many men are fortunate in having a quick metabolism? Women should be so lucky ... hahahah
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 13:52

BF:

You gotta hate 'em some times!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 13:53

BF:

Where in CA are you. When we came to the States in 1990 we lived for a couple of years in Laguna Hills
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 13:58
Contributing Member

BF:

Chrisee ~ I live in the South Bay. Or rather south of San Francisco, about 45 minutes. I guess I do not move around much, you see I was was born In San Francisco ....

How about you?