Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 13:07

Plan: low carb
Stats: 212/188/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Kiss

Unless you have some special needs, I think you'd be fine taking a multi vitamin such as Centrum Silver - only check for a store brand which should have the same vitamins and be about half the price. You probably also should take the calcium, magnesium, zinc supplement for the bones. Take the vitamin in the morning and the calcium at night.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 14:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/172/163 Female 69.5
BF:28.5%/25.3%/23%
Progress: 74%

By special needs, do you mean most of America who do not get enough vitamins/minerals from our meals?
For example, please don't tell me that broccoli at Walmarts or wherever, that was harvested 2 weeks ago has a lot of nutrition left! Or that cucumber picked five days ago, that's been sitting in the sun all day at a farmer's market, and then in your frig another day or two has a lot of nutrition left.
Most multis don't give us all we need, except for Vitamin A. The RDA is not what is needed for OPTIMUM health.
http://1stholistic.com/Nutrition/ho...ef-symptoms.htm **

**Please note that deficiency in essential fatty acids is very common!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 17:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167/160/130
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi everybody, I just want to add that the time release is just more expensive, that's the only benefit, especially for the seller. And for those who would like more energy I suggest North American ginseng (whether canadian or american). It will give you energy during the day and help you to sleep at night. It is my discovery of the year. I am suggesting it to all my friends and family. People our age have sometimes difficulties to sleep, this will help.

Louise (louful019)