Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-14, 08:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206.6/206.6/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Carb-cycling

Still considering trying the six on one off carb cycling plan to move me from my plateau. Pretty well eat what I am eating all week and eating a heck of allot more of everything on the seventh day. Has anyone e tried this? I have been reading the four hour body and like his logic. Of course I would follow Atkins all week and not eat the legumes as he does. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-14, 08:43

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I took a week vacation in Prague where I gained 6 pounds, and when I got home I lost the 6 plus an additional stubborn 4 in less than 2 weeks.

I've never tried carb-cycling though. Do you have any links about it?

Thanks,
Bob
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-14, 09:43

Plan: Atkins/Taubes
Stats: 270/168/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 93%

I think the problem is that in "cycling" people tend to treat it like a pizza and ice cream blow-out, instead of adding in 100g of carbs via sweet potato and rice, or whatever it is that people do now. I would ease into such things and tread carefully. Well, I wouldn't do it at all, but that's just me.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-14, 10:03
Registered Member

Stats: 237/140/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 91%

There is quite a long thread about carb cycling in the "Tips & Stalls"
forum.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-14, 12:24

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I've tried to get into carb cycling in the past--bought potatoes, oatmeal etc. with full intention to start. When it came time to carb load--I just found carbs were the last thing I wanted. I'd much rather eat a bit of protein with a lot of fat.

I did manage to carb load with bananas periodically last year. Somehow I never really lost my taste for bananas.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-14, 06:58
Registered Member

Stats: 206.6/206.6/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
I took a week vacation in Prague where I gained 6 pounds, and when I got home I lost the 6 plus an additional stubborn 4 in less than 2 weeks.

I've never tried carb-cycling though. Do you have any links about it?

Thanks,
Bob

I was reading the book the four hour diet that describes it. Frankly I am kind of nervous about doing it cause I don't want to be craving stuff again. If my weight has not moved again by Wednesday I am going for it!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-14, 07:05

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Carb cycling may work for some but I'll never know if it would work for me because I white-knuckled too long and hard to successfully lose my taste for all things carbohydrate to play Russian roulette with it now.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-14, 07:46

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by voguesd
There is quite a long thread about carb cycling in the "Tips & Stalls"
forum.

Thanks.

I don't think I want to do this as a regular practice, I do believe carbs and the insulin they produce are bad for you. However in the case of a very stubborn stall, I might try it.

I've very disciplined about what I eat. It happens at the grocery store, we make a list and stick to it. If it isn't in the house, we aren't going to eat it. That takes care of most of the meals anyway, when we are out, because of our home habits, we aren't used to it, so it's easy to turn down.

Bob
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-14, 16:30

Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janeroo's
Still considering trying the six on one off carb cycling plan to move me from my plateau. Pretty well eat what I am eating all week and eating a heck of allot more of everything on the seventh day. Has anyone e tried this? I have been reading the four hour body and like his logic. Of course I would follow Atkins all week and not eat the legumes as he does. Thoughts?

Lots of stuff on the web about Cyclical Keto Diets (google that or "CKD"). Never tried it myself but I've thought about it. The versions that involve heavy exercise and blood glucose measurements make sense to me. Problem is there is a lot of "bro science" out there on this topic. If you really are hopelessly stalled, a couple month long try might not be too bad.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-14, 05:06
Registered Member

Plan: low-carb
Stats: 194/152/150 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress: 95%

After reaching my goal,I began to have some carb here and there,
No added in weight at least,and no severe craving.

I think if one intend to low carb eating for the rest of his/her life,he deserve some carb like me^^ ..but so far I have avoided all the processed food only have some rice,cake and god forbid 2 krispy kreme-weekly lol..

Does my situation counted as carb cycle?