Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#256   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-17, 05:37

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
Mark Sisson wrote a post in response to this article:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/is-t..._medium=button1

Jean

This I like from that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S
No one should labor up and down stairs or be unable to hang from a bar or grunt with exertion when they get up from the ground if they can avoid it. And most people can avoid it simply by losing excess body fat.
Sponsored Links
  #257   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 14:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/179/130 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

Of course you can lose weight eating bread if you eat almost nothing else. I knew someone who lost a lot of weight in Weight Watchers. She told me she was required to eat a huge bowl of lettuce every day. No thank you. Diets that include bread because people just have to have it are just going to slow down the progress. Elizabeth Taylor's low calorie diet included dry toast. But it was a starvation diet in every way. No thank you Oprah, your commercial about eating bread is absolutely not helpful to the public. I happen to know even smelling bread let alone tasting it is a trigger to eat more. And that is the main thing wrong with bread. It's like a drug. I never crave more meat or more broccoli. They don't have that druglike quality.
  #258   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-17, 04:15

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Weight Watchers has recovered dramatically since February, when it was still bumping along in the teens, so her investment is now up $300 mln. I don’t pay attention to their ads or plan, and this article doesn’t explain why the big third quarter earnings increase and thus the stock price increase, but her investment is finally paying off.
http://www.businessinsider.com/weig...k-surge-2017-11

There was a 15% increase in revenues and 18% increase in subscribers https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-300550283.html so the price increase over this "Cinderella year" may be from short sellers unwinding. But the new CEO, and some "new program " for the winter season has charged up investors after raising full year profit projections.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Nov-12-17 at 04:34.
  #259   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-17, 10:44

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I can understand how it appeals to many people with a major celebrity involved who happens to be a pop pied piper for a couple generations. The message we constantly hear about diets and nutrition is very well leveraged in this company. People listen when others say certain dietary approaches are dangerous and not sustainable. People follow when they believe there's no need to sacrifice the very foods to which they are addicted. They want to believe this in the worst way, which is the way it will turn out for many.
  #260   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-17, 09:53

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

yes, rose colored glasses. the magic pill. the perfect way to 'have it all'---and no science behind it truly and what a joke of it all
  #261   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-18, 07:06

So the New Plan for the New Year has over 200!! Zero points Foods you can eat freely...no limits.
WW FreeStyle.

https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/our-approach

Quote:
Based on our successful SmartPoints® system, WW Freestyle offers more than 200 zero Points® foods—including eggs, skinless chicken breast, fish and seafood, corn, beans, peas, and so much more—to multiply your meal and menu possibilities.

And it makes life simpler, too: You can forget about weighing, measuring, or tracking those zero Points foods.

Enjoy it all!

By combining zero Points foods and foods with SmartPoints values, you have more freedom when building meals and snacks, along with the flexibility to have a satisfying meal no matter how the day or week went.

And it works

In clinical trials:

Participants said they had fewer food cravings and less hunger.

Nearly three out of four were satisfied with their weight loss progress at six months.

More than 93 percent agreed WW Freestyle helps them feel healthier.

And of those who've tried to lose weight before, more than 82 percent agreed that WW Freestyle is easier to do and almost 93 percent agreed it gives them more flexibility in their food choices compared to other times they’ve tried to lose weight in the past.

As a vegetarian I use to make a veggie Chili from the Moosewood Cookbook. It had corn, beans and peas...lots of them. That did not end well for me.

All I can say is good luck to the dieters who can eat freely from this list. Assume it also has fruits.
  #262   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-18, 07:54

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
eggs, skinless chicken breast, fish and seafood, corn, beans, peas

Eat all that you want, but unless butter makes that list, for a lot of that list, why would you want to? Although eggs with the yolk might seem luxurious if you've been eating egg whites plain.
  #263   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-18, 08:54

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Dr. Fung had a recent podcast with a woman who got in a lot of trouble with WW "free" foods.
  #264   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-18, 09:06

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Seems to me that the Weight Watchers SmartPoints system--as every system WW ever rolled out--is "pay us money to tell you how to eat and it's your fault if it doesn't work."

I'm a Member at DietDoctor, because they earn the platform, and I want to help make it available. They have the right resources and inspiration on a range of choices, and all the relevant healthy eating information appears online for FREE. I want to be able to send people there: one-stop shopping for healthy eating.

Enjoy a healthy life in 2018!

P. S. You can support this forum, too.
  #265   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 10:45

My RSS feeds pick business and weight loss stories...a double header this morning Never heard of this DJ...but millions of others have. We'll see how he does eating unlimited free foods

Quote:
Weight Watchers rallies after DJ Khaled signing as it looks to repeat Oprah success
Weight Watchers said Khaled will document his progress on social media as he completes the "WW Freestyle" weight-loss program.
Khaled has a wide following on social media. As of Tuesday morning, he had 3.92 million followers on Twitter.

When WW allowed fruit as a "free food" many members could not lose weight...can't imagine much success with corn and beans too.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/02/wei...-dj-khaled.html

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Jan-02-18 at 12:16.
  #266   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 11:22

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

On Oprah's new commercial she said to go to a restaurant and eat anything you want!
  #267   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 12:14

Tracked down the whole 200 foods here:
https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/m...ro-points-foods

In general though, beans, lentils, fruit and non-fat unsweetened yogurt are the ones that stick out as trouble makers. They say the zero point foods are ones you will not overeat...haven't seen me with fruit and yogurt bowls.
  #268   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 12:26

BF:

I saw the Biggest Looser trainer, Bob Harper was on TV this morning and he just had a heart attack last year. He is still stuck on stupid. Telling people to eat fruit, beans and lentils. Cut back on red meat blablabla...same old, same old......

~also have you read or seen that Allie has regained all of her weight but they keep airing reruns of her when she was at goal a couple of years ago. I think that's really dishonest to pretend that her LF, high workout program worked.
  #269   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 13:02

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Tracked down the whole 200 foods here:
https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/m...ro-points-foods

In general though, beans, lentils, fruit and non-fat unsweetened yogurt are the ones that stick out as trouble makers. They say the zero point foods are ones you will not overeat...haven't seen me with fruit and yogurt bowls.

Ugh. Not that I was going to sign up for this, but they took away my egg yolks.

Seems to be based largely on "only fat makes you fat," but with a nod to the refined sugarphobes, but probably they're still willing to sell people little portioned-out low fat WW chocolate brownies and what not.
  #270   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 13:09

BF:

What...still no Egg Yolks??
Why do they think they can change nature is beyond me...
In my opinion chickens were put on this earth to lay eggs, who are they to say 1/2 of it is bad for us.