Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by willeke
SPECIAL MAILING LIST
I have created a special mailinglist for English speaking Atkins follwers in the Netherlands and invited Dutch people who speak English well, so they can give you a hand when needed.
write an email to atkins_netherlands-subscribe at yahoogroups.com to subscribe!

see you there
Willeke

How's that mailing list going, Willeke? How do you feel about Canadian people of Dutch extraction who speak almost no nedelandse (but can work through computer software and are learning) ... and have lots of low carb experience?
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 14:52

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%

Hi Judy, I feel quite good about Canadians of Dutch extraction, but I'm afraid you won't be able to help expats who live in the netherlands! Their problem is exactly that they don't know how to find certain things in the shops etcetera.
But you know what, why don't you become a member? I'm sure you will be able to help in different aspects!

just send an email to the address I mentioned, and things will get rolling!
cheers
Willeke
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 13:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.6/229/135 Female 5'6''
BF:41/40/22
Progress: 8%
Default Hi All

Willeke, Escol and Island.... Thanks for your posts. I am so grateful to each of you for you info and, to you, WIlleke, for setting up the special mailing list for us! You guys are the BEST. Sorry I haven't been around lately or responded more quickly....I have had tons going on here also. Holidays etc.... But, I am getting back on (Atkins) track and raring to go. I WILL NOT GIVE UP....even when I might give IN! \

Happy New Year to all!!
Char
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 04:15

Plan: plan?
Stats: 190/190/140 Male 185centimeters
BF:
Progress:
Talking list of groceries

Hi,

I haven't read all your posts, I only saw you b*thcing about holland and talking about importing atkins products. So probably you are a pro in low carb products. Great... in the mean time you must have made a list of the products you CAN get here with a listing of carbs.

I have seen the koolhydratentabellen on the internet, but they are no good because they only state the product and not the brandname.

Which products should I buy from which shops? Because if I won't get a headache from this diet.. I will from looking at each and every label on every thing in a store. And NO i'm not gonna buy atkins stuff because I like to have freedom of choice.

So have you made a list? Or do you only want to sell stuff?
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 04:32

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 180/180/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default so happy to find you all!

I'm so glad to find other AMericans living in Europe doing LC diets! Atkins IS here in Holland. I saw a sign at Etos about it. You can even buy the book now. I'm doing South Beach though so that doesn't help me. I wish I could buy SF fudgcicles! AHHH! We got to my hometown in Iowa 2x a year so I can load up the suitcases with stuff then. I brought a ton of SF jello with me.. and crystal light and salad dressing. I am very picky on my salad dressing!

Any tips on buy low carb in this country is appreciated. We live in Heerlen which is next door to Maastricht. We get fuel in Belgium and go to Germany allllll the time. 10 min drive to either country for us.

Walmart in Germany has Splenda I think.. I will look next time we go. We should all open stores for low carbers or something!!!

Well nice to meet you all! I'm 24 and I also married a Dutch man. We have a 13 month old son. Did you all learn the languages? I was required by LAW to learn Dutch for one year. I mostly understand everything but am really shy about speaking it. Everyone here speaks English it seems though.

Well that's my intro.. email me if you would like!

Laura
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Sep-07-05, 05:21

Plan: None
Stats: 270/265/200 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello there from Almere!

Hello,

I did the Atkins for about 6 months years ago. I didn't see a great result so I figured that it wasn't the diet for me. Recently I have been dealing with 24/7 headaches for the last 5 months. After exhusting the AMC and the VU with them still not figuring out what is wrong I went to an iris/Homeopathic doctor. She looked into my eyes and saw quite a bit wrong. So my new diet, although there could be a term for it, is no starches, no sugar or sugar substitutes, no diary. It is a lot like the Atkins. So I decided to search for some good recipes, since buying things pre-made in Holland is almost impossible. If anyone has some good hints for ways to make this diet seem less daunting I would love to hear it.

Also a tip, if you search Ebay they have low-carb shakes and things where you could save some money.

Samantha
American, lived here for about 6 years now with my Dutch husband.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 01:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samg_nl
Hello,

I did the Atkins for about 6 months years ago. I didn't see a great result so I figured that it wasn't the diet for me. Recently I have been dealing with 24/7 headaches for the last 5 months. After exhusting the AMC and the VU with them still not figuring out what is wrong I went to an iris/Homeopathic doctor. She looked into my eyes and saw quite a bit wrong. So my new diet, although there could be a term for it, is no starches, no sugar or sugar substitutes, no diary. It is a lot like the Atkins. So I decided to search for some good recipes, since buying things pre-made in Holland is almost impossible. If anyone has some good hints for ways to make this diet seem less daunting I would love to hear it.

Also a tip, if you search Ebay they have low-carb shakes and things where you could save some money.

Samantha
American, lived here for about 6 years now with my Dutch husband.

Recipes? GALORE in the Kitchen forum right here on this website, as well as our own Karen Barnaby's (Executive Chef and somehow makes wonderful yet simple to make recipes, she's the bomb ) at the Recipes link on the green bar at the top of this very page....

signed: Jude van den Broek, Canadian born in Apeldoorn
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-06, 05:00

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%

hello all Dutchies and Americans living in the Netherlands,
I have been away from the forum for a long time for personal reasons, but am back now.
I'm also back in the Netherlands.
Just visit me in my journal if you'd like to talk about things Dutch, this separate part doesn't seem to work all that well, unfortunately.