Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 11:03

Plan: neanderthin
Stats: 295/282/150 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default neaderthin newby

I've been on the Neaderthin diet about 2 weeks. Now there has been some cheating in there but I am very happy that I have lost the weight that I have. (13 lbs.) It makes me wonder what I would have lost had I been completely compliant at all times. The one thing that I am having troubles with is with working nights and being busy with life in general I find it difficult to maintain the diet and exercise at all times. I don't beat myself over the head for it- I just make the best low carb closest to match the diet choices possible. I also don't get in the complete exercise regime as listed in the book but strive for 2-3 days a week when I work overtime and 3-4 days a week when I'm not working as much. That is a great improvement from doing nothing. My husband is also on the plan but isn't having the success that I have had. I'm not completely sure why. He eats the same foods I do and exercises as much as I do although his job is a more sedentary job and he has less weight to loose. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 09:21

Plan: Neanderthin/Paleo
Stats: 147/123.2/121 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 92%

Hi and welcome! I'd get your husband to up his exercise routine a bit and see if that makes a difference, maybe just 20-30 minutes walking could be enough. It's unusual though, as men usually lose faster than we do. Let me know what happens, ok?