Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 06:44

Plan: ?
Stats: 130/125/125 Female 5' 7"
BF:12%
Progress: 100%

Captain XRay
That is so awesome!!! Your enthusiasm and success is definitely contagious. I really do believe that this is the right way to eat - primarily because it is the exact OPPOSITE of what the food manufacturers are pushing on us!!!

I know that when I eat all that bread, cookies, pastries etc - I feel drugged, lethargic and I think that's how the government wants us - so spacey we can't think straight and definitely not physically strong enough to survive without mod cons.

I would love to some day live in the woods etc - My brother did so in pennsylvania - he had planted fruits and vegetables and had deer roaming onto his property, he had planted pine trees all over the place - he could hike and find wild berries and then go fishing in the "crick" behind his house.

He moved to Seattle and has basically the same set-up there. He loves the woods and so do I!!

And isn't it amazing the transformation that happens when we eat right? All of a sudden we LOOK right - healthy and strong - not puffy and pasty. And high energy!!!

anyway - really liked your story
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 12:13

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Talking Glad that even I can inspire, sometimes...

Hey, Sunkist...

In looking at your stats, I see that you really didn't have that much to lose, in the first place. It's good to see someone on this woe just for their health! I notice, too that you have 12% body fat!! Wow! Are you a body-builder, or something? That seems awfully low for a woman. I'm not being a male chauvinst pig by that statement. Women tend to need more body fat than men. You say you feel great, so you must be doing it right. I'll bet you're a regular AYLA, huh? Especially, if you would like to live in the woods.

I moved up here to Oregon about 11 years ago from southern California...Yep! I've been a "native Oregonian" for eleven years, now. I will NEVER go back to that rat race! Klamath Falls is sort of a mean-spirited little berg(it seems there are a lot of angry people up here that don't like each other), but it's nothing like L.A. There is just something about getting up every morning and being able to see Mt. Shasta sticking up that big white head on the horizon and looking over to my right and seeing the Cascades and the areas where I go hiking...and knowing that, at the end of my work day as a teacher of emotionally disturbed adolescants, I can go down to the lake within 5 minutes and drop my line in and go off into a reverie, and maybe even catch a great big trout for my evening meal! That is, unless I'm working at the, always lovely, Home Depot Garden Center. Then, I go and talk plants with people and try to sell barbecues and tractors...unless, of course, I'm going home to work in my woodshop and create something artistic that I can make big bucks on, so I can go hiking next summer, or fishing on my next day off, whenever that will be!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 14:24

Plan: ?
Stats: 130/125/125 Female 5' 7"
BF:12%
Progress: 100%

Hi Captain Xray
Well I'M not a bodybuilder, but my husband is and a personal trainer. Actually I'd like to gain a little fat. I lost quite a bit when I was eating the raw foods diet and so I think that by adding back in the protein - keeping the raw fruits & vegs, nuts etc. I'll do great - I feel really good at about 16-17%Bodyfat.

Yeah the days of me obsessing about how THIN i am or wanted to be are over!! It's all about health and a good sense of well being. I usually do feel better on the leaner side - more energy etc. But I want to KNOW that I'm eating what is right for us humans to be eating!!

Just spoke to my brother and he is going to try to come down and I told him about the pemmican so he's going to dig up that recipe for me

thankis again
Oregon is a beautiful place and I have been to the Oregon Caves back when I was a kid and it's beautiful up around that area. I think that in a secluded mountain place you can get a mix of people who are great and then a mix of people who are there because they do NOT like people in general!!!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 12:23

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Thumbs up Great to hear from someone who thinks like me

I love the way you talk! Now, that my weight is down and I don't feel the necessity to obsess about how much I've still got to lose, I just feel great. Wow! Your very own personal trainer...without even having to pay for it...must be great!

I get over around the Oregon Caves area a couple of times a year...on my way to the coast. I stay in Gold Beach, a sleepy little seaside town with not much happening...great place to go and just relax watching the surf. It's claim to fame is that it's at the headwaters of the Rogue River...a truly beautiful wild and scenic river...full of fish that I now eat with relish! In order to get there, we have to go through the California Redwoods National and State Parks. What a place! It's so primitive and ancient under those great trees. Last time I was in there, hiking, I came upon a huge bull Elk on the trail, eating to his heart's content. I had to wait for over a half hour to get by him...you don't mess with an animal the size of a horse who has antlers over 8 feet long!