Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 21:50

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 238/218.5/158 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hey, I would love to join this. It would be great to be under 200 for Christmas. I have not been there in 3 years. I'm starting back on my diet in the morning. I have been off of it since the end of May! I do general low carb, which is basic Atkins I'm just not anal over. Twice a week I eat low carb bread and oatmeal during the school due. These are the only foods that I'm assured of not feeling ill after. I stay under 25 carbs the rest of the week. I haven't exercised in a long time, but plan to start again Thursday night. I'm a bit of a binger and fall off the wagon a lot. I hope this time I can stick to it. I bought the Leslie Samsomes set with about 5 DVDs and a band. I have never used it. Can you really lose weight losing them? I'm skeptical for some reason. Ok I think this post is too long.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 07:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/241/140 Female 67 inches
BF:Too much!
Progress: 5%

This past weekend dh, kids, and I went apple picking and playing at the pumpkin lane. Kids had doughnuts and cider, which smelled really good. Dh and I skipped that part, but we both did have a few bites of McIntosh apple.

I'm going to have some tuna/egg salad on lettuce for lunch and making pot roast for dinner. I will skip the potatoes and carrots and just have a cobb salad with it.

I haven't done extra exercise besides running around with 3 boys, age 6, 7, and 14, and my dh. We were busy all weekend. Today I am getting on the treadmill for atleast 20 minutes!
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 07:46

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 283/279/190 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 4%

229.6 this is just pathetic
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 10:41

Plan: Adkins-With tweaks
Stats: 182.5/166.2/140 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 38%

iluvslu; Of course you can loose with those DVD's. If your not used to working out, start out with the one mile and work your way up. I started with the 1 ml at the very end of my pregnancy. After I quickly moved up and bought the 3&4 ml DVD. I can do the 4 mls, but by the last 1/4 ml, I'm worn out! Propper diet and extra movement is sapposed to be the recipe for weight loss.
Who wrote that crap
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-08, 13:33
~UnWritten~

Plan: My LC Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

I'm back from the road trip and I'm up 2 lbs. I've exercise the past couple of days and have done my walking but my eating is out of control. I've cleaned out the fridge and cupboards of all the bad things today and I'm starting fresh.

I don't know why I'm struggling with my food.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-08, 14:58

Plan: Adkins-With tweaks
Stats: 182.5/166.2/140 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 38%

Don't feel bed, I'm having loads of trouble with my food. Read my journal and you will fully understand and see that your world isn't so bad.

I ate over 3000 calories today trying to keep away from sweets. Cravings were killer and lots of whipping cream and cream cheese will take out those cravings, at a big calorie gain. Hopefully tomarrow will be better, and I'm still in ketosis!
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-08, 15:25

Stats: 232.6/207/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hello, I would like to join you too. I am not able to exercise right now. I am awaiting a tendon transplant in my left foot. I have my foot in a cast .
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 11:12

Plan: SBD
Stats: 250/250/175 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Welcome to all the new friends!

I have also been sucking lately. LOL. It is midmonth for me and my cravings get crazy and the dumb a** in me caved and have been trying to claw my way out of a muddy hole after cheating. 4 days now I have been off-plan. I need to get serious!!!!!!

I am not going to wait for tomorrow, I am going to get back on plan at SUPPER. Tomorrow will be completely legal!!!
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 11:59
~UnWritten~

Plan: My LC Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

My eating is still crazy. I wake up and eat a low carb breakfast and by 2pm I've got crazy cravings.

I've exercised, no problems there. I can't understand why this time around I just can't reign in the food.

I might do a meat and egg fast for the week to stop cravings cold. No thinking about what I'm going to eat. What do you think? Like buckeyemom I'm starting at dinner.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 13:38

Plan: '72 Atkins
Stats: 260/198/145 Female 65
BF:I do
Progress: 54%
Default I'd love to join ya'll too!

I know it seems that I should be able to lose this 9 (+-) pounds in no time... but I have to tell you, I'm not!

I started on June 30th and haven't even lost 20 pounds yet! I am not cheating persay on a regular basis... but I do have a hard time passing up a cocktail several nigihts a week (I am drinking vodka/diet tonic), and it seems that's just not going to change. Aside from my drinking habits (hey, what can I say? I really enjoy one drink as I cook dinner! LOL), I have only cheated for TWO measly meals!

So while my 9 pounds seems quite easy to hit by Christmas, I'm not so sure... and I need all the help I can get!

So Hi to everyone! and I look forward to seeing many of us hitting that goal!!!
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 22:42

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 238/218.5/158 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 24%

I have a 4 or 5 set collection which goes from the 1 mile to the 4 mile I think? I don't know there's a lot in there. I will try it this weekend. I haven't had one free minute this week but have been good with my eating except for tonight. I became so enraged at work due to ignorant people I ran to the vending machine and got a snickers! I ate it so fast and then I was thinking why did I do that?? I am not expecting much of a weight loss Monday until I start my glucophage.

I know you are probably frustrated pammie but at least the scale has gone down right? As long as it's moving in that direction and not up lol.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 23:21

BF:

I have been losing the same two pounds for a week.. don't know what gives.. I feel like a yoyo.. up down up down.. I am not going to give up.. will get there eventually..sure would like to hit onederland by Christmas..Regards to all Pam Katz
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 02:14

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 283/279/190 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 4%

dont give up pam katz. i gained 6 pound for NO apparent reason even though i was still eating according to plan.. i was sooo upset and ready to throw in the towel.... i upped the fat in my diet and now the weight is coming back off.
have to have dental surgery in a week or so... im nervous about it... heard her say first day is only ice cream and milk shakes
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 04:56

Stats: 276/210.8/175 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 65%

Good Morning all.

I would love to hit onederland by Christmas. I do not need any other gift for Christmas then that. I have not been there since...15+ years. I have been doing this for almost 3 months and I have lost 36 LBS. I started off losing quickly but for the last month I lost a few gain a few. I have not cheated at all and it's been tough but I know I really need to do this.

I don't belong to a gym even though I would like to by year end. I try to walk at least 2 miles 3-4 days a week. It's been nice, I can run around and play with my daughter at the park.

Good luck to all!
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 09:57

BF:

Hi Everyone, I am not ready to give up the battle of the bulge..but man on man..it does get frustrating some times. I really thought I was paying attention to what I was eating only to realize I have not been eating enough..go figure..so now I am going to record each and every bit I put in my mouth and see if that makes a difference.. Regards everyone.. Pam Katz