Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 05:43
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Thursday, 28 September 2017

Happy Friday Eve, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"Just say NO to Eating on the GO!!".
~ Tamoney 12.13.15

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Joe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe42
Goodmorning: Day 3 restart.. doing OK!....
That's good to hear, joe!

Keep Fighting the Good Hard Fight!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Joe, if you are a bigger guy then do not rely on one meal per day. You might end up way too hungry, if I was a bigger guy then I would eat 2 good meals per day.....100% A72 induction foods only, do not eat off the A72 list at all....but this way you can hold your own and not starve with one meal. Bigger you are unless that one meal is huge for you, you really need more food in ya than little old petite JO who is just a small person in stature.
Excellent advice about religiously sticking to A' 72 Induction food list! But Imma gonna have to disagree with you on your one meal a day advice, Karen.

I don't think SIZE matters about the number of meals one eats a day. I maybe SMALL now, but when I started doing one meal a day and 1000 kcals, I weighed 265 lbs... Lots of people on this forum IF for 23-1 with loads of success no matter what size they are.

I eat once a day b/c 1) I am not hungry which is the biggest benefits of being ultra low carb. If we only eat when we are physically hungry and not "head" hungry, more people would eat less often, JMO! and 2) If I eat early in the day, I'll just graze all day long b/c I don't know when Imma full. I suffer from COE and eating OMAD takes care of that perfectly for me!
Quote:
off later to close on the property with the lawyer....omg I want that big check in my hot little hand NOW!!! 2 yrs and the 30 acres finally sold so that is off our backs now. When ya stop the farming the land is like a noose around your neck then....so no farming, don't need this extra 30 acres so off it goes to someone else!
Huge congrats on selling your extra acre-age! I can understand the desire of getting the $$$! Hey, it'll help off-set the cost of that new truck!

Sorry to hear that your MIL is sick again...hope it's nothing serious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello jo... happy to say a nice no event full week. Got my protein leafy greens and another bottle of those jalapeños! That it easy pray and I am all done. Easier now that Makayla older I can just take her with on errands!
Nice to hear you are having an un-eventful week! You deserve that!

Oh yeah, I love those jalapeños! I get the La Costeña: Pickled Jalapeño Nacho Slices, 64 Oz. They're in the section with the oversized cans etc... and dirt cheap... like less than $3.50. No carbs, no kcals... practically perfectly LC in every single way! Here's a pic of 'em:

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/54...50&odnBg=FFFFFF

OMG I need to share this with you: I've been using some of the jalapeños vinegar as part of my salad dressing, using 1/2 red wine and 1/2 jalapeños vinegar. WOW does that make a spectacular salad dressing with a BANG! And it's FREE since it's what we usually toss out since we only use the jalapeños!

Nice that Makayla is older and your errand-running partner! How fun!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Oct-01-17 at 05:11. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 12:17

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Temperatures have finally dropped in the Midwest to the 70's perfect walking weather!

This weekend is granddaughter 9th bday. I got her a scooter she has an old one that she uses when we walk. Water park bday party with friends on Saturday and family party on Sunday! Should be great weekend!
Karen.... sounds like you have a lot going on but have a great plan as usual. Good for you being debt free and letting your retirement money work for you! Fabulous plan!
Jo... those are the same jalapeño I use also. I was buying the smaller jar till you told me now I get the large one. I have been tossing them in my tuna with your dressing recipe yummy! Now I will have to add the jalapeño viniger and try that. I also toss them into my omelets for a southwest flavor! Yummy plus you can't over eat them your mouth will be on fire luv it!
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 23:28

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I didn't mean it like that about 1 meal per day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Karen: Karen: Excellent advice about religiously sticking to A' 72 Induction food list! But Imma gonna have to disagree with you on your one meal a day advice, Karen.

I don't think SIZE matters about the number of meals one eats a day. I maybe SMALL now, but when I started doing one meal a day and 1000 kcals, I weighed 265 lbs... Lots of people on this forum IF for 23-1 with loads of success no matter what size they are.

I eat once a day b/c 1) I am not hungry which is the biggest benefits of being ultra low carb. If we only eat when we are physically hungry and not "head" hungry, more people would eat less often, JMO! and 2) If I eat early in the day, I'll just graze all day long b/c I don't know when Imma full. I suffer from COE and eating OMAD takes care of that perfectly for me!

What I meant was that if a person gets hungry eating only one meal, they should never not eat another in their day if required. 1 meal per day for many is fine absolutely if it suits you, but if you are the type that is having a hard time and you are hungry thru the day then eat. Never not eat if you are trying to stick to one meal and day and could easily fail at it til your appetite changes down the line or such. I mean never limit yourself on this journey when starting. I think he has to keep his options open. Yes, shouldn't say size, I should have said hunger size You do need to eat to your hunger level according to where you are on your journey thru this crazy mess of changing over into a new way of eating. I think everyone has to find their own stride. I say most settle on 1 or 2 meals per day and finish there.

Sorry to hear that your MIL is sick again...hope it's nothing serious!

oh no, not bad, just some follow up stuff happening....all good on that

Last edited by Whirrlly : Fri, Sep-29-17 at 04:22.
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 04:19

BF:

Bernie, wow you got an action packed birthday weekend! I hope weather stays warmer for you for the water park. We got a temp. drop for a few days. And whoppee, it is darn chilly out this morning ugh, I think we are def. heading into real fall weather now here.

What kind of scooter did you get? The electric kind? omg my kid loved that thing back in the day! Had alot of fun on it.

Hey guys
Wow went to bed very very late, then could not sleep. Up for kiddo and school and yes I am in a darn daze right now. Gonna be a long day for me! I feel like a nap later is gonna have to happen or I might just pass out later and call it a nap LOL

Got to get a few things done today. Nothing dramatic so will cruise thru this day without going overboard.

got a nice rack of ribs I want to cook for dinner tonight....hey being chillier I can use the oven again HA

great day all
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 05:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 29 September 2017

Happy Friday, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally fab-tastic last Friday of September!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t.
It’s that some people are ready to CHANGE and others are NOT.”

~ James Gordon

Berni:
Quote:
Temperatures have finally dropped in the Midwest to the 70's perfect walking weather!
NICE! That's what we've been having as well! And the last two days, we've had some rain!

"They" predict that our temps will go up to mid-80s next week! Boo! Hsssssssss! Boo!
Quote:
This weekend is granddaughter 9th bday. I got her a scooter she has an old one that she uses when we walk. Water park bday party with friends on Saturday and family party on Sunday! Should be great weekend!
Wow sounds like you've got a fun-filled and packed w/e coming up!
Quote:
Jo... those are the same jalapeño I use also. I was buying the smaller jar till you told me now I get the large one. I have been tossing them in my tuna with your dressing recipe yummy! Now I will have to add the jalapeño viniger and try that. I also toss them into my omelets for a southwest flavor! Yummy plus you can't over eat them your mouth will be on fire luv it!
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
Imma glad you got the LARGE jar b/c it's less expensive then the other size jars!

And I totally agree, you really can't OVER DO 'em b/c of da FIRE!

I the idea of tossing 'em into an omelet! Will have to do that next time I get into an omelet kick...haven't had one since this past summer... I run in cycles in what I eat... no rhyme or reason I can see...

Karen:
Quote:
I didn't mean it like that about 1 meal per day...
Yeah, I KNOW!

I wanna AMEND what I said b/c you are absolutely RIGHT! I agree 100% with what you said here too!
Quote:
What I meant was that if a person gets hungry eating only one meal, they should never not eat another in their day if required. 1 meal per day for many is fine absolutely if it suits you, but if you are the type that is having a hard time and you are hungry thru the day then eat. Never not eat if you are trying to stick to one meal and day and could easily fail at it til your appetite changes down the line or such. I mean never limit yourself on this journey when starting. I think he has to keep his options open. Yes, shouldn't say size, I should have said hunger size You do need to eat to your hunger level according to where you are on your journey thru this crazy mess of changing over into a new way of eating. I think everyone has to find their own stride. I say most settle on 1 or 2 meals per day and finish there.
And our good doctor said that same thing in A '72 on page 138 in the The Diet Revolution Rules:
Quote:
2. Eat as much of the allowed foods as you need to avoid hunger.
Quote:
oh no, not bad, just some follow up stuff happening....all good on that
Glad to hear it's only follow-up stuff... you had me worried there!
Quote:
Wow went to bed very very late, then could not sleep. Up for kiddo and school and yes I am in a darn daze right now. Gonna be a long day for me! I feel like a nap later is gonna have to happen or I might just pass out later and call it a nap LOL
Sorry you're having problems getting in some good sleep! Why do we feel guilty when we need a nap??? HA! I call mine a Siesta so I don't feel so guilty!

Hope you can find time to take a nap today, girlie!
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 11:07

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

How are you doing today?

Karen.... The water park is indoor in lake Geneva! In fact it once was a playboy club that they turned into a water park, golf course and hotel. I like it when weather can't interfere with the plans!

Jo... I am like that to with my meals a monolistic water. So I tend to eat the same thing over and over. I have been on the spinach omelet or egg muffins for awhile. I am now into adding jalapeño instead!

How are you doing Big Jo stop in and let us know your progress!
Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Sep-30-17, 05:35

BF:

JO, when ya call it a siesta it seems ok then for some reason, I hear ya on that I like it!!

boy oh boy hubby can fall asleep in a flash. I envy that. I never could do that. My mind is always on instead of a nap I could be doing XYZ...time to get over that I think HA

Bernie, so cool, indoor park! We got a ton of outside ones around here but we have Gray Wolf indoor water park. In fact kiddo is going for 2 days next weekend with a friend for a birthday party. Seems to be the thing now, the water parks LOL

DE, hope you are feeling ok!!

HI ALL
off to mom's today. kiddo and I are going out to lunch with her and then taking her shopping. Mom is doing fab. I swear for 89 she is in perfect health, amazing! Love it! So far all great in that neck of the woods!

Nothing much more. hubby had to do mandatory overtime work today so this week will be 5---12 hr days....poor guy , well better him than me

off to get moving a bit. everyone have a fab day
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Sep-30-17, 06:47
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday, 30 September 2017

Happy Saturday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz uneventful 100% OP day!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Monday starts week 8 at school then we have a 3-day w/e for Columbus Day Holiday which ends our 1st quarter! Gees, times a flyin' for sure! It will be Winter Break before we know it!

Past eating behavior predicts future eating behavior unless and until one acknowledges and has strategies to combat all their food related issues!!
~ JJ

Berni:
Quote:
Jo... I am like that to with my meals a monolistic water. So I tend to eat the same thing over and over. I have been on the spinach omelet or egg muffins for awhile. I am now into adding jalapeño instead!
Imma thinkin' it's b/c both of us only eat to nourish our bodies and not use food as entertainment...

Imma not saying I don't what I eat, b/c I do... but food is NOT the obsession it was when I was "FAT Jo"!
Quote:
How are you doing Big Jo stop in and let us know your progress!
Yeah, Big Joe, let us know how you're doing!

Karen:
Quote:
JO, when ya call it a siesta it seems ok then for some reason, I hear ya on that I like it!!
I knew you'd like it!
Quote:
boy oh boy hubby can fall asleep in a flash. I envy that. I never could do that. My mind is always on instead of a nap I could be doing XYZ...time to get over that I think HA
I've never had any problems falling asleep and I sleep like the dead (knock on wood )!

Hope you got a chance to take a nap yesterday, girlie!
Quote:
off to mom's today. kiddo and I are going out to lunch with her and then taking her shopping. Mom is doing fab. I swear for 89 she is in perfect health, amazing! Love it! So far all great in that neck of the woods!
Imma so jealous that you get to spend time with your mom... I sure do miss my mom so badly...

Anyhoo...

That's fantastic that she's doing so well!
Quote:
Nothing much more. hubby had to do mandatory overtime work today so this week will be 5---12 hr days....poor guy , well better him than me
Hey what does your DH do? Imma sure you've told us...but I've forgotten!

When does he plan to retire? Is that coming up soon?
Quote:
everyone have a fab day
Thanks and you too!
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 05:38
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 1 October 2017

Wow, perty quiet in here, so let me get our thread goin'....

Happy First Day of October, WARRIORS!

Wishing all the HARD CORE Warriors a totally spectacular Day in every single way possible! Hope that all of you are having a chil-laxing and uneventful w/e!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Finally finished knitting a baby sweater I was working on...

Knitted Baby Sweater

Imma starting a two tone blue one next. I knitting 'em b/c they knit up quickly and I can play around with different cable stitches, etc. That's my favorite part about designing anything... the creative side of it!

My Baby Sweater Webpage

It’s easy when it’s easy!
True test of character is when it’s hard!

~ Jamackarch shared 17 May 2016

#85   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 06:54

BF:

New month and here we go again

HI ALL

quickie post
things are moving too fast around me--I know everyone gets that

get home from moms and long day but good....kiddo says her friend is over the other friend's house a few houses down....so yea she wants over, I say no sleep over cause she has not been feeling well....so later they all descend on me and beg, over and over the BIG begging....omg just go
will call kiddo to come home around 11 today so she can rest up for full school week....kiddo is not 'on the perfect healthy' right now, kinda got the snotty nose thing happening and tired with some small headaches we are treating with good allergy/cold drugs etc but not sick, but walking toward it---so will get her home and resting cause I am NOT HEARING I don't feel good early tomorrow morning!

I got a list of crap to handle, off to get'er done

take care all and fab first day of Oct!!
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 11:27

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Water park bday was great fun yesterday! I went up Friday and didn’t get home till late last night!
Today is family party DD Has me bring spinach artichoke dip. I found a low carb recipe with mayo and motzarella but still 4 ounces of cream cheese so not Hardcore A72 friendly. She will also have pizza and wings. I am bring a big salad and will eat before hand so it all good!
Karen..... I remember those sleepovers with DD she always pushed for later and then came home super tired 😓. But lord it was a fight to get her home.

Jo.... those baby outfit are incredible! So talented! My DSGF is going to Texas next Friday to see her twin over the long weekend! I have a wedding next Saturday evening that he is going with me as my plus one! I found a dress 👗 on clearance and it fit. I still always see fat Berni so am amazed I can get into regular sizes. I found a pair of sanders for 8 bucks at target on clearance so I am all ready!

Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 03:57

BF:

Bernie I so hear ya on the fight to get the kiddo's home
I wanted her home around 10 or so...called her at 11 and she ended up home around 2 LOL Made her go to bed early tho last night HAHA

Glad you had a blast at the water park!
Happy you found a nice dress for the wedding....I too am amazed when I shop, to be out of the plus sizes is nice and I love it Good deal on your clearance shopping!

HI ALL
nothing much
have to run some errands
this and that, usual stuff, nothing dramatic today
won't be going full speed but moving along

weather sure is chilly. SO cold outside and surprised it is so chilly this early in the evenings. Well weather sure does what it wants

great day everyone!!
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 04:59
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 2 October 2017

Happy Monday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 7 months, 2 weeks and counting...

Wt = 115 lbs! The scale always fluctuates couple lbs up or down... I ain't complaining and Imma 100% OP everyday; ain't changing a thing!

Still going Warrior Strong on exercising! So Imma happy camper!

It's not what I KNOW that keeps me on plan ~ it’s what I DO!
~ Larry H 05.17.16

Karen:
Quote:
New month and here we go again
Quote:
things are moving too fast around me--I know everyone gets that

get home from moms and long day but good....kiddo says her friend is over the other friend's house a few houses down....so yea she wants over, I say no sleep over cause she has not been feeling well....so later they all descend on me and beg, over and over the BIG begging....omg just go
will call kiddo to come home around 11 today so she can rest up for full school week....kiddo is not 'on the perfect healthy' right now, kinda got the snotty nose thing happening and tired with some small headaches we are treating with good allergy/cold drugs etc but not sick, but walking toward it---so will get her home and resting cause I am NOT HEARING I don't feel good early tomorrow morning!
Gosh, I hope she's not coming down with sumpin'! Hey, could it be "TOM" for her??? Has she started that?
Quote:
I got a list of crap to handle, off to get'er done
Oh, I hear ya! I always have a "list of crap to handle" on the w/e too! No one to delegate it to... Hey, at least I know it will be done to my satisfaction!
Quote:
nothing much
have to run some errands
this and that, usual stuff, nothing dramatic today
won't be going full speed but moving along

weather sure is chilly. SO cold outside and surprised it is so chilly this early in the evenings. Well weather sure does what it wants
You didn't mention if the DD stayed home from school today, so I guess she was well enough to go!

I wish I could say our weather is chilly... finally feeling "Fall-ish", at least in my part of the southwest desert. Temps this week reported to be around mid-80s!

I'll take it!

Berni:
Quote:
Water park bday was great fun yesterday! I went up Friday and didn’t get home till late last night!

Today is family party DD Has me bring spinach artichoke dip. I found a low carb recipe with mayo and motzarella but still 4 ounces of cream cheese so not Hardcore A72 friendly. She will also have pizza and wings. I am bring a big salad and will eat before hand so it all good!
Wow you did have a busy w/e! I know you had loads of fun with your fam!

WTG staying Warrior Strong by bringing your own 100% OP food! That's why you're a WARRIOR Member of Team 5%! Woot! Woot!
Quote:
Jo.... those baby outfit are incredible! So talented!
Thanks! I do so enjoy knitting 'em!
Quote:
My DSGF is going to Texas next Friday to see her twin over the long weekend! I have a wedding next Saturday evening that he is going with me as my plus one! I found a dress 👗 on clearance and it fit. I still always see fat Berni so am amazed I can get into regular sizes. I found a pair of sanders for 8 bucks at target on clearance so I am all ready!
Wow you have another busy w/e coming up!

Nice that you found a dress & sandals on clearance! Isn't it a hoot that we don't shop the Women's or Plus sizes anymore???

I totally get the "seeing Fat Berni" thingy... it's called "Fat Head" syndrome...

I still see "Fat Jo" in my mind's eye too even after all this time.

But you know what? I think it's a good thing for me b/c it keeps "Fat Jo's" image in the forefront of my brain which means I still think Imma FAT! I don't "see" myself as I really am... I also think it's one of the reasons Imma still completely devoted to being 100% OP every single day!

Imma not complainin' one iota!
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 09:04

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Warriors...

Just checking in to say I'm ok, my family is ok. It's a really sad day here today, but we are safe.
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-17, 03:43
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hi Warriors...

Just checking in to say I'm ok, my family is ok. It's a really sad day here today, but we are safe.
Imma so relieved to hear that!!!!

I was going to text you if we didn't hear from you on our thread...

My thoughts and prayers to all the families and friends affected by this insanity.

I didn't hear about this until I was driving to work yesterday morning b/c I don't watch the news...it upsets me too much since all I can do is whine about what's happening and that's so NOT productive....