Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 14:44

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%
Default I want to rant too!!

I am a grocery store casher and it is sooo hard to keep my mouth shut!!!
It is none of my bees wax what people are buying but I swear the next couple weighing over 300 lb each buying low fat cookies, chips, margerine, bagels, crackers, candy bars, milk, ice cream, etc. I am going to smack on the forehead like a TV preacher and scream "SEE THE LIGHT"

sorry I can't say anything to them but I can here and you all understand what I am saying
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 15:32

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

The other day at the store, the people behind me in line had a cart full of meat, vegetables, and fruit. You could have knocked me over with a feather I was so surprised! I had literally never seen another cart besides mine before that wasn't loaded to the gills with processed carby crap.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 15:41

I do tell people with lots of meat and vegeis that I think they are getting yummy healthy foods... but I cannot say anything negative about there purchases ... when we shop we do not need anyone saying" no wounder your fat buying all that fatty stuff" so I keep my mouth shut
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 15:43
Don't Call Me Sugar

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/287/230 Female 65 inches
BF: :^( :^| :^)
Progress: 10%

It's true, it's best not to say anything.

Although if it was me, and if a woman came through buying Tampax, ibuprofen, and a bunch of chocolate or Ben and Jerry's, I would probably be biting my lip and giggling.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 15:48

hhmm yes I do believe more women my that stuff and bra's/panties thru my line as apposed to Paul's line...LOL
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 17:34
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

Everyone will "see the light" in their own time.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 09:04

Plan: The Real Human Diet
Stats: 225/165/180 Male 5'8"
BF:?/?/8.6%
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc145
Everyone will "see the light" in their own time.

Sorry to disagree......sadly, most never do see the light.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 12:53

Plan: LC - 50C or less
Stats: 455/246/200 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 82%

I think its rude to say anything about anyones food "positive" or "negative". If I get the ole "You must cook breakfast everyday" or the looks like "yea yea.. all that salad for a 350lb woman...she will be stopping by for candy later" I swear I could just punch someone.

Quite frankly,

Its none of your business what someone buys, so it really shouldnt be that hard to not comment on it.

You dont know who what foods are for. Would you feel better knowing that their 150lb son at home wanted ice cream and they are following their low fat diet and have lost 50lbs on it already. Sorry they aren't at your magic weight - you know the one where its not so hard to stop wanting to yell and scream at them.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 12:57

Plan: 30 or less daily
Stats: 232.2/214.4/169 Female 68
BF:[url=http://www.Ti
Progress: 28%

I say, Let them buy clean out the shelves of that garbage so there will be NONE left to tempt me! lol
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 13:08

I can see that they are trying to lose weight I just feel sorry for them for falling for the low-fat/high-sugar/hungry all the time way to do it
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 13:13

You know I guess the way to look at it is not everyone understands our woe and to be frank, most doctors don't support it. Actually most doctors condemn our woe and scare people to death to even consider. Even with me having been on LC a couple years back, loosing 65 lbs. plus reaping so many other benefits such seeing my health issues disappear and improve plus cause me to look younger, even I was leary to go back to LC eating due to a strong family history of high cholesterol and heart problems! No kidding, I teetered back and forth with this idea for almost 2 years. Finally I realized that the bottom line was I HAD to lose weight because the fat I was lugging around was definitely hurting my heart.

Cissie
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 13:21

and I don't see anything wrong with saying "that rotisserie chicken smells good" or when they are buying a rib steak "I'm having dinner at your house" they know I'm kidding..most of these people I have helped for 12 years..they come thru my line because they like me...those who don't want human interaction they go thru Uscan
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 13:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissie_12
You know I guess the way to look at it is not everyone understands our woe and to be frank, most doctors don't support it. Actually most doctors condemn our woe and scare people to death to even consider. Even with me having been on LC a couple years back, loosing 65 lbs. plus reaping so many other benefits such seeing my health issues disappear and improve plus cause me to look younger, even I was leary to go back to LC eating due to a strong family history of high cholesterol and heart problems! No kidding, I teetered back and forth with this idea for almost 2 years. Finally I realized that the bottom line was I HAD to lose weight because the fat I was lugging around was definitely hurting my heart.

Cissie

I hope all your blood work says your doing good
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 13:26

Thanks Unity! So do I. It has been really scary for me but as I say, I had to do something!

Girl are you saying you work in a store? Mercy if you are checking people out then NO wonder this bothers you so much!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 13:41

yes I am a grocery store cashier and I help 100-200 people a day...how about the people buying 10 boxes of sugar cereal for there very obese child...I don't say a word...but I feel guilty for not
and before someone says it may not be for the child... we should not buy that $#!+ for anyone