Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Starting Over!
Say HELLO to the NEW me!
Posted by TeriDoodle
Posted Thu, Apr-11-02
Female 67 inches
Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default Say HELLO to the NEW me!

Just wanted to share these thoughts from my journal this morning...as a way of saying THANK YOU to all who have helped me get here....

I just wanted to jot down my thoughts this morning. I feel so good, so positive, focused and motivated.....and it's hard to pinpoint where its coming from exactly or where I turned the corner. This is so unlike me, really, but now feels like its permanently engrained. Like there was this "old me" and a "new me" and I've said goodbye to the old me forever....and I don't miss her one little bit.

I rarely look at a donut, for example, and feel my salivary glands kick in..... I just look at it with this neutral feeling of.....well, nothing! I don't seem to have the same old emotional attachments to certain foods like I used to. I have my "treats" now, but they are in the form of fruit and sugar-free jello (w/ whipped cream of course!) and those satisfy me just like a snickers bar would have in the "old days".

The old me would cringe at the thought of vigorous exercise and sweating (yech!)....but now I beat my alarm every morning with the thought of "Is it time for my workout yet????? and I bound out of bed! I love every sore muscle and planning my BFL workouts. WHO IS THIS PERSON?!??!?? I better get used to her, 'cause she is here to stay! I LOVE THIS PERSON!!

And it doesn't matter to me whether my progress is slow or fast. I have developed patience beyond any previous experience. Progress is progress and even if it's slow, it's better than regression (gaining fat inches).

I have 100% more energy.
I have 500% more confidence.
I am rarely cranky or moody.
I have very few PMS symptoms.
My heart rate is down.
I don't have blood-sugar crashes 4 times a day.
My skin is brighter and eyes are clearer.
I FEEL FULLY ALIVE! Just like when I "found" God. It's the same feeling. TOTALLY awesome.

And this board has been fully responsible for my progress. THANK YOU ALL!!
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by alto on Thu, Apr-11-02, 09:03

I love reading success stories. Thank you for posting yours

Your successes are the best kind -- changes in attitude and in how you feel.

17 comments [read all comments]

Article tools