Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 21:19

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%
Default Anyone from Georgia?

Hi, I'm from the metro Atlanta area and I haven't really come across any other Georgians throughout the forum, so if you're from my area let me know!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 17:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/185/150 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I started about 1 1/2 months ago. Im located in nw metro area, Kennesaw.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 18:34

Ooh cool! I'm in Kennesaw too!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 18:54
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

I live in Marietta (East Cobb). We're practically neighbors.

Liz
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 18:59

Ooh yay! I'm right off Barrett Parkway.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 20:56

Stats: 263/219/150 Female 5'6"
BF:not done yet
Progress: 39%

Hey All-

I'm in Smyrna when I'm in town. (I have to travel a bit) I will also do anything, with anyone, anytime, that has to do with cycling, LOL. In other words, if anyone rides and wants to ride more, give me a holler. If anyone would like to start riding, give me a holler. If anyone would like to think about riding, give me a holler........

On a different note (which is hard for me) if anyone has a good gym deal they can contribute here, PLEASE do so. I was appalled when I learned the initiation fee at the Cobb Y, just the initiation mind you, was $250, and then another $64 a month...... OUCH! I think LA Fitness may be cheaper but I want to have my choices narrowed so I can make a decision when I get back in town.

Everyone have a great Sunday-

Sen

Post Script - And if anyone knows of a low-carb store (a real one, not Life Frickin U, ugh!) please also share! I had to drive down to Buckhead yesterday just to get a few small things. Can't believe I haven't seen anything close 'round here

Last edited by senrides : Sat, Feb-28-04 at 21:06.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 02:49

Stats: 220/185/150 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I like to cycle on the silver comet when its nice outside. There's plenty of open space on the trail, its quite lengthy, and the majority of it is paved.

I went to LA Fitness 2 weeks ago as a guest to play raquetball. They're rather on the expensive side also. I think they charge a $160 initiation with $39 a month fees.

I have business memberships to World's Gym. Im not sure how much they charge but a good gym might waive any initiation, extra fees, and even offer the first month free.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 09:54
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

HI Melissa!

Hi to the rest of you! Going to list this as a subscribed thread, perhaps we can make this be a good support for us folks here in GA.. I live in Lawrenceville... and have been l/c'ing since the end of January. I have lost 12 lbs total, 2 more to go for my first 'reward'! But I have gotten many rewards since then that have been unexpected and certainly welcomed!

I am almost completely off of insulin, I can think clearer, my skin has been clearing up, to the point that people have made comments on it. I am a Massage therapist, and I have psorisis that would flare up on my arms of all places.. not like I can massage with long sleeves on very well! They are barely noticable at this point! My moods of course with the sugars being under control, and not eating all those carbs... are much more stable... I look back and now think my husband deserves a medal of honor for what he put up with!

Well, looking forward to getting to know you all, and bringing in other georgians!! YAY! Maybe one day we can actually meet.. like once a month or something for an hour... kind of like.. REALITY support groups.. heee hee..maybe start our own reality show..now theres an idea.. hmmm.. ok.. have a great day..
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 14:58

Stats: 263/219/150 Female 5'6"
BF:not done yet
Progress: 39%

I caught another thread on this a bit further back, so perhaps more folks will check in here and catch this one......

Nacho - I do maybe 80 miles a week on the Comet when I am in town. I like riding the Cartersville Loop and other road rides better (no small kids, walkers, etc to get in my way, LOL) but I love having the Comet about a mile away for convenience Have you been out to Paulding County and seen the completed bridge by Mt Olivet yet? I'm still wishing they'd get the 278 bridge smoothed out, though. We do a 'whole Comet' ride once a month, holler if you ever want to join us (anyone, actually)

Dawn - my daughter is looking at both of the area schools for Massage Therapy, I think one is Rising Sun and one is Altanta Institute? Any information you ever feel like sharing, please do.

Have a great week!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 18:09
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Simplydawn,

I use getting facials as a reward for myself too, and I love them. Never had a massage though, I think I'm too ticklish!

Liz
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 21:52
Flutterby

BF:

Sen... I stopped by your journal and left some info.. please feel free to contact me anytime.. she can even call me if she would like to.

Liz-I just got my first facial back in January..it was 'divine'... she did an awesome job.. so since I get massages regularly I wanted to do something fun and different. I get alot of clients that are ticklish..and its a different type of touch and sometimes there are areas that may 'react' but a good MT will know how to get past that..and help you relax. Being ticklish is actually a form of self defense... of putting up barriers, of protection.

Anyways..don't get me started, or I will write a whole newsletter here! : grins::::: I can be wordy from time to time! Especially about things I am passionate about...
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 15:56

Plan: adkins
Stats: 157.5/133.0/135 Female 5 5
BF:
Progress: 109%

I am in roswell GA! I have pretty much reached
my goal. i started late june of last year.

sandy
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 16:11
Flutterby

BF:

awesome Sandy! Congrats!! I hope you check back here, i dont see a link for your journal to stop by.. I lived in Roswell when we first moved here to go to massage school!

WTG!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 19:44

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't checked in. I thought I put it in my subscribed threads but I really didn't. How're all of you doing? Things in this next of the woods are good! Just hit 18.5 lbs lost today.

Anyhow, I'll check in again soon!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 21:37
Flutterby

BF:

WTG Missaec!!! You are doing awesome!! Keep it up!