Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 08:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/192/135
BF:39
Progress: 19%
Talking Stop Scale Watching

I am down 13 lbs which I reached Friday of last week. I kept getting on the scale two or three times a day, hoping for more to just melt away. When it didn't occur I became discouraged and put the scales away. When I began this WOE on April 17, I was wearing between an 18 and a 20, so I always bought bigger clothes, even 3x, what difference did it make, I was big and the clothes were big. Well, I've got a special event to go to on Saturday, my daughter is graduating from college and I wanted to look nice, so I tried on an outfit that I bought in January, size 20 and it was tooooooo big.... so I went to the store a place I just hate going because of the size I wear and started trying on clothes. Well, I now wear a 16, oh my god, I felt soooooo good I was dancing in the store. I never thought that I would see a 16 again. So the moral to the story is stop watching the scale, continue to LC, and don't forget if your not losing you may still be losing inches. Yippee!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 08:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Way to go! Enjoy the graduation and your new outfit. Guess what, you may just be in a 14 next time you shop!

Cindy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 08:29
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%
Default Re: Stop Scale Watching

Quote:
Originally posted by nsd
So the moral to the story is stop watching the scale, continue to LC, and don't forget if your not losing you may still be losing inches. Yippee!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more! Clothes fit differently than they did last time I was at this weight.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 08:30
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 204/175/120
BF:
Progress: 35%
Wink

AND IT JUST KEEPS GETTIN BETTER

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 09:02
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

That's great advice. I am one of those who weigh everyday, except TOM. I know I should not but I can't help it.

Peace
red
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 09:06

Stats: 245/234/200
BF:don't care!!
Progress: 24%

Do what I did and throw the scales away. That way there's no temptation. Our weight can very as much as 2 pounds a day simply because of fluid or even hormones. Why subject yourself to such stress? I refused to do it any more so the scales have gone. Good riddance I say!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 09:27

Stats: 165/149/125 Female 63in
BF:
Progress: 40%

NSD, I used to have an addiction to the stix, so I can relate to the maddness of the scale. I've since gotten rid of both the scale and the stix. I just go by the way my clothes fit, and how I feel. I do weigh, at the gym only; that way, even when I'm too tired to go, I go anyway to use the scales. (Also, their scales are much better than anything you'd have for home use).....Congrats on the hard work!!!!!!!Keep it up!!!YR
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 09:43

Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I weighed-in every morning during the first week of induction. That was only because I was seeing a 1-2 lb loss/day. I promised myself that the first day that I didn't see a loss I would put the scale away and wait 1 week before weighing again. I held myself to that promise and tomorrow I get to weigh in again. I can't wait. Clothes are falling off of me left and right.

~Angi~
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 10:40

Stats: 198/172.0/160 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I guess I need to take this advise....I'm getting discouraged with seeing no results on the scale again. I started on April 21st, I'm at 20 carbs a day (still) and I was hoping to loose at least 5 more lbs before May 16th (big event out of town).....maybe I should not weigh again until the 15th.

The weight loss has slowed down a lot, I guess I'm a bit surprised BUT not giving up !!!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 12:57
Registered Member

Stats: 335/282/150 Female 64 inches
BF:47%
Progress: 29%

I am with you! I try not to look at the scale, so I only weigh in every 3 weeks. Of course yesterday it said I had gained 2.25 pounds. What a HUGE bummer! However, I am trying to pay attention to everything but that. I am waiting for a visit from the WHOOSH FAIRY! Hopefully it will be soon.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 13:42
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 146/133/125
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default those 2.25 pounds might not be real

I think that's the main reason I weigh myself everyday- if you are losing .5 to 1 pounds a week (which is what a lot of people end up losing post-induction), and only weigh yourself once every three weeks (predicted weight loss 1.5 to 3 pounds), that weight loss can be totally obscured if you just happen to be bloated that day. So I weigh myself every day so that I'm not fooled! I now know that I can gain 4 pounds of water weight in ONE day!! If I only weighed myself once a week, I might think that I GAINED 2.5 pounds instead of knowing the truth- that on average I LOST 1.5 pounds...
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 14:19
Registered Member

Stats: 335/282/150 Female 64 inches
BF:47%
Progress: 29%

Thanks for that info....I never thought of that!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 14:34

Stats: 169/154.5/147
BF:26/23.7/21
Progress: 66%

Bravo!

I haven't watched the scale either but have been watching inches. Down a total of 4.5 off my hips and waist.

Yeah!!!!!!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 16:28

Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally posted by LisaUK
Do what I did and throw the scales away. That way there's no temptation. Our weight can very as much as 2 pounds a day simply because of fluid or even hormones. Why subject yourself to such stress? I refused to do it any more so the scales have gone. Good riddance I say!

Last month when I flew down to visit my parents...I took my scale to compare to theirs. I expected it to be off by a pound or two. It was off by 10 pounds. I left it (intentionally) when I flew back and have no intention of ever retrieving it. I haven't weighed in a week and I don't plan on weighing again for a while. I can and have gained 5 pounds in a day before. Day to day is nice to plot...but, on occassion it can really screw with your head. Once a week/month would be better. I have only twice recorded a gain for a week. I have never recorded a gain for a month.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 17:59

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

I am so happy for you!!! THat is just grand!!

However, MY SCALE WILL BE PRIED OUTTA MY COLD DEAD HANDS, people. (My ketostix will be in my other hand )

Have a great graduation! What a day!
Jinx