Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 04:59

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning-
I am going into the office- after a wonderful 3 days at home. Although I was rained in all day yesterday. Woke up to somebody firing off a round off their balcony. That is so dangerous. Don't they know, what goes up- does come down????? Who fires off a round in an apt complex? I can understand if ya live on a farm- but in the city - NO! Life in the big city- yeah............

Blue- did you post yesterday? I missed your post - Hope your are busy and feeling good!

Leeann- you are MOM- of course you just wave your magic MOM wand and poof- dinner!!!!!
I have always thought that Stephen King was a bit ODD. The stuff he writes has to come from somewhere within - some of it is down right scary.
Funny you like scary movies- I can't stand scary movies. I think it started back in the day when I was a kid and watched the original Exorsist. I also read the Shining- urghhhh. That did it for me. I would rather watch spy and action movies. I also like a good sifi movies now and again.
Glad however you had a great time with the family! Wings sounds good too- I might have to pull some from the freezer!

Lori- So you are going back 2nd day in a row huh? So do you get a discount? I see new golf outfits in your near future!!!! HAHAHAHAH
Thanks for the recap of your family. I like having a visual of people and what they do. Because inquiring minds want to know!!!!
How is Keto going for you?
BTW- What about that next hurricane off the east coast ? Will that effect your travels? I bet you are itching to do something different and see new sights. We will of course expect a FULL report!

KMOM- So glad to hear you are doing well and your meds are working! YAY!!
What do you put in your beef stew? Do you get bloaty with stew? I am wondering if the meatballs/ and or chili is making me bloaty. Can you give me your recipe? PLEASE????!!!! Also looking for a LC something new!

TRIG- So I see you are getting the rain! Are schools closed there? Sorry you didn't get the pool done in time. Hopefully there aren't too many leaves in it.
So you have gotten the truck yet! You had be cracking up about the RAM truck as "just a backyard truck" HAHAHAHA Really? So you are looking at buying a semi? Does he still want to go truck shopping? Does he know what he wants?
Whats for dinner?
---------------------------------------
I have been going to YOU TUBE and listening to Robert Lustig again. He is SO on point! He reminds me of what Adkins might have been if he had lived. Plus he is VERY smart. Very motivating!

Something else that was motivating yesterday was watching American Ninja. I RARELY watch reality TV- but I had it on the channel and it came on. HOLY MOLY - those people are fit! Their bodies are machines! Truly as I watched a mother of 3 take that course my mouth fell open.
I was also thinking as I was watching that- I bet those people don't treat their bodies badly. Those people ,like other altheletes use their bodies to achieve what they need.

That really gave me pause........ They USE their bodies as a tool to get what they want an need.

So I started writing down all the words I have- random and as they popped into my head about how I would feel if I could do that too! How would I feel if I was able to get just as fit (for my level, I know I am not 20)- but for me?

Thriving, Free, Fit, Healthy, Happy, Flexible, Loose and nimble, Fat suit off, lighter steps, easier to breath, more out going, unstoppable, Warrior, Unleashed, Amazing, an example, Freed,
Yes all those things. It would be like dropping the fat suit and coming out a living machine. Ready and able-
So instead of saying I am to old- I am thinking I am just perfect to get there.
I need to think of my body better- a vessel that needs a little bit of Buffing and polishing and tuned up. I have let it get tired and soft.
I do not mind curves now. I am not saying body builder- I am saying fit to my base line. I know for me there is more I can do.

I can start by stretching more, taking the steps, cutting down on portions, more water, be more in tuned to myself, be present, not sit as much- it's a start.

Ok- I gotta go serve the man for 8 hours. But I am also going to be googling some rec centers near me, or the ymca. I would light to do some light machine work too. I am taking my weights into work- 3 pounds.

Have a great day! Tuna or eggs for lunch. Chicken for dinner, small salad blue cheese dressing. water will be 6/5 it sure as heck will.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 05:39

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz I think it just boils down to 'what do you want to be in this life' and you either do the steps to make that work or you find every excuse to not bother

I saw Ninja also. Amazing. In fact MANY are super fit out there and I am not one of them! I am a mushy person. Yea I walk and hike and kayak etc but in no way am I a true fit person!

I thought like you...improve way more for what I can be and ya know what, most times my excuses hit in cause hell it is hard work being a true fit and in form, total healthy person and I ain't going there HAHA I hate the hard exercise training and dedication it takes---for what people will do to tone up, rock up their muscles etc and it ain't just me....can I do more to be better? Sure and now ya got me thinking a bit on that LOL gosh I can be a lazy bugger for sure
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 06:13

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I've been up for hours, but was waiting for someone else to post. I knew Jaz & Trig would not disappoint me! Love reading how you will spend your days.

Jaz....our cruise is not effected, as far as I can tell. We may have some cloudy weather, but so far the forecast looks ok. Now....our October vacation is almost definitely a no-go. We are booked to go to Key West October 10. That surely won't be happening. When I get home from the cruise, I've got to work on getting our airfare refunded or whatever they will do for us. My sister was going to go with us, just like last year, but the devastation down there is just horrific. I feel so bad for those that live & work there. I think my sister and I will go to Virginia Beach instead. We love it there. If the weather looks good, I think we'll plan on doing that. All we do is walk the beach & promenade and eat yummy dinners. I told DH he could go with us, but he said "What would I do?" Just walking and eating are not enough for him.

Yes, Day #2 of work today. 4 hours of mind numbing online learning. I also have to talk to the HR person about an issue with their phone App. You are supposed to be able to check the work schedule and see the hours you have already worked based on your punch in/punch out on the electronic time clock at the store. Well, I downloaded the App fine, but it does not show me being scheduled for today and it doesn't show my clock in from yesterday morning. It shows my clock out at 1:38 as my clock in....WTH? I'm hoping the HR person can override it and correct the entry. She was actually standing right beside me when I clocked in at 9 yesterday morning and said it worked fine. Hmmm....something is wacky. I want credit for that 4.5 hrs yesterday dang it!

It's nice to have the morning to just relax and get a few household things done and then head to work at 11:30. It takes me about 15 minutes to get to the store. It's a beautiful store...I think I'm going to like working there.

You all will be glad when I'm on vacation so you don't have to read my endless rambling.

Hugs!
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 07:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

KMom- My heart goes out to you in regards to taking your pills. I know what you are describing. I had the hardest time with prenatal vitamins and would sit and stare at it, just feeling sick at even opening my mouth to try. I think I skipped them with the boys. My eating habits were healthier by then. I do feel for you though, for real. But having a steady heartbeat for a month now is huge!!
Yeah, I am really weird with violence. For whatever reason horror movie violence doesn't really bother me- it seems so far fetched. People just being mean or real-life violence: guns, fighting, torture etc- that I just cannot take.

Lori- I was glad to hear about your family; I don't believe I knew that info either. Four grandsons! That's lovely.
Glad you enjoyed your first workday- and yes, make sure you get credit for it! They just are opening a new Dicks' Sports right down the road from us.

Jaz- glad the storm wasn't a big deal in the Atlanta area overall. I didn't think it really would be. Good news!

Trig- They did a remake of "IT" by Stephen King for the big screen as opposed to the tv miniseries. Broke some box office records I believe. If you like scary movies you should check it out!
I know your kid is loving the two hour delay. Just enough time to get some sleep and shorten classes!

I really like the Ninja Warrior show. I don't watch it much, just on occasion if I happen to see it, but it is amazing. I didn't watch tv much before but now that we moved it to the basement I just forget we have one!

•••••••••••••

Possible Bio Dad CASA visit today at DSS, so if he shows up I am going to go meet with the social worker and check it out through the two-way mirror to see how the interaction goes and how he relates to my CASA kid.

Then I will come home and mow the lawn before we have the rain coming through for a couple of days.

Drum lesson this afternoon for DS15. I think we will do shaved steak sandwiches for dinner, so I need to grab an onion and two rolls from the market for the menfolk.

Other than that not too much to report.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 10:06

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Sunday: Jaz 5/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 6/5
Monday: Jaz _/5, Blue _/3, KMom 5/5

Jaz, I see your water is 6/5 for today, plus maybe more. I didn't see your water from yesterday. I think a good idea is to write the day and the water amount. Blue already does this. Like:
Monday 6/5. That will hep a lot.

Sipping my water as I type.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 10:23

BF:
Progress:

Jaz: You asked about my beef stew recipe. I don't remember talking about that. I don't have a good LC beef stew recipe, but like you...I would love one. I AM trying three new recipes this week. Healthy Egg Cups, Dijon Chicken Thighs and Cloud Bread. I know a couple of people on this thread said they did not like thighs. Can't remember if you were one of them. I want to make the Healthy Egg Cups and freeze them in the mini muffin pan I have. It makes 48 at a time. I am hoping to use them as snacks. The Dijon Chicken Thighs just looked so good to me. And the Cloud Bread has always fascinated me. If I really like it, I would also like to make a lot of that and freeze it.

Your words about how you think you would feel had me smiling. I like your passion. Hope you can at least make small changed towards your goal in that area. I am more like Trig...not quite that passionate about it, but want to think about it more and DO something about it. But just a little bit. I would be very happy with just some minor improvements in that area!

I hope Ava is continuing to thrive. And I am glad you can access to how she is doing whenever you want.

About the move...hmmm, nothing much to say. It is So your decision. No one can make it for you or even give you much advice (in my opinion), because you already know the pros and cons. I just would say..."A job is a job." Not profound for sure...but you can take that statement many ways.

I sometimes start to feel overwhelmed with doing personals for everyone. I may do it this way where I just zone in on one person. Feels free-er to me.

Me:
I am tutoring a neighbor girl who just arrived from Tibet. She is my next-door neighbor. Her parents have been here for two years saving money to bring her over. Her grandparents have been raising her in Tibet. I think that is also a cultural thing. Anyway, she is HERE! Funny story...So she came over for her first tutoring session yesterday. Keep in mind she is in kindergarten and I am sure very exhausted from a full day trying to learn in a different language. So she comes in the house with her dad and gives me this look of, "Really?" Kind of like rolling her eyes. She wanted to go home. It took me less than two minutes to have her wrapped around my little finger. I taught kindergarten for many years. I love working with kids and I was SO READY for her. She is SO smart. She just needs to learn English. So I am trying to reteach what her teacher is teaching. And also get ahead a little bit so she will feel more confident when something is introduced. We only worked for 20 minutes. She was amazing. And I would have to say I was pretty amazing myself! She did' want to leave when it was over.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. We all need to keep DOING THIS. Keep trying. I like what Doreen (one of the administrators has for her ending. It says...Be Stronger Than Your Excuses. Trig is my inspiration in this area. Thanks, Trig.

K-Mom 10x4
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 16:45

BF:

KMOM- water yesterday was 5/5 plus a bit more.
So cool about the little gal next door. I sure you will steer her in the right direction.
I thought I read that you freeze tomatoes to make beef soup in the winter. Maybe I thought you were meaning stew. Let me know how your new recipes work for you. I can do without bread.

Leeann- Shaved meat sandwiches- so do you buy already done roast beef?
I hear you talk about your CASA baby- do you still do MOW? I think that would be so sweet to do. I would love that!

Lori- So glad you are looking to go and no issues for your cruise! Awesome you are looking forward to working in a sports store- right up your alley! Do you need to know anything about sports?

Blue- HOPE you are working things out- I am thinking about your situation.
--------------------------------
Did the steps today 1 set 3 times- I was harder than I thought- 5 flights down and back up. I am really outta shape- going to change that.
Water- I have already hit 5- not done yet-

Back of my legs sorta sore! HAHAHA

1/3 of my staff still has no power. I look at the carribean and feel so sorry for those people that are standing in line for HOURS for food and water. Yet I complain for over abundance!

Still on Ozark - interesting. Going back and forth between that and Once upon a time.
Got one more walk to get in with the pooch- just SO muddy.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 19:08

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all...

Very busy. Full days on site this week, almost every day. No energy for personals, which I usually enjoy the most. I am finding that the demands on my energies right now have quite changed in this period of transition. I must keep my attitude tip top and a smile on my face, even though I feel the rug has been pulled out from underneath me. This is exhausting to me.

So, just checkin' in.

Did want to say to Nic, I appreciate you dropping the Leanne Vogel resource and the concept of "carb ups." So I went and watched a couple of her videos. She's quirky and fun.

I KNOW by carb ups, she doesn't mean naughty carb extravaganzas, and she makes that quite clear. But what I identified with is sometimes, like her, I just need some carbs. Yeah, I know, we're not supposed to say that, but I do. I have experienced this before. Doesn't happen often, but I know it when I feel it.

Case in point, yesterday I had an intense and vexing edit. I had not slept well at all the night before, like maybe 3 hours of real good sleep. I arrived on the job feeling so depleted---can't think of a better word--- in a way I knew that only carbs would answer to. I ordered a cheeseburger on a freaking bun and French fries for lunch. Felt 100% better after lunch. Was back on plan by dinner.

No, this cannot become a lifestyle for me ever again. But it was a relief to hear someone who has been and is a LC/Keto gal say sometimes, she just needs some carbs. And not need in the way of mind hunger or for the fun of it, just something in the body that says, NEED. Some on LC never experience this, but I do and have.

No permission slip to myself, and NOT making excuses for it. It's the way I felt and I trust that. Back on plan today thru a long shoot with the usual craft table of endless carbs. Didn't touch one of them. Had a salad for lunch, meme's fried chicken for dinner with some LC slaw.

Anywho, thanx Nic for the intro to her. LOL, I know she didn't mean cheese burger and French fries---she seems to go carb crazy on kale and beets, w/some rice and potatoes thrown in. Whatever. I DO feel the need for carbs sometimes...beyond a paltry 20 NCs. Not often, but it was a relief to find that as a LC gal I was not the only one to feel that way.

K-mom---going to drop out of the water challenge for the rest of the week, but will keep up as best as I can. Just too much on my plate right now, can't deal with it. Will hopefully be back next week!

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Sep-12-17 at 19:16.
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 19:13

BF:
Progress:

Hi all!
Had a great day on my woe. Going for a 16:8 fast tonight. Came in just around 20 NC's.

Lori: I think working at Dick's sounds like a blast. That is one of my family's favorites stores. I was just there with my SD and she bought her birthday present from me. It is a really cool Under Armor red hoodie. She also bought some running shoes and sandals there last summer. I am not sure what they are called. Maybe slip-ons. I recently got a really cool backpack there. The zippered part in front is insulated. My daughter took it with her on her vacation to Hawaii recently and said it worked great. She froze a water bottle, and then put that in there and some snacks and small sandwiches. I wonder what will be your first purchase. Hopefully you will find something that is on sale AND you get your discount.

Sounds like your husband knows that he would be very bored if he went with you guys on your vacation. Might as well be honest. No need having someone along that is bored. Good thing he can share that with you.

Are you back at 100% since your UTI?

K-mom 10x4
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 19:20

BF:
Progress:

Blue: Oh, thanks for sharing that about carbs. That exact thing happens to me. I don't understand it, but I know it is real. The big thing for me is to not let it derail me. Like it didn't derail you! I will go her site and watch some of the videos.

I feel sad when I hear you saying that you need to put on a happy face when you do not feel valued...or like you said having the rug pulled out from under you. I believe that is totally exhausting. I still believe that they are going to be in for a shock when they see what they are missing without you.

Sounds good on the water. Just try to drink as much as you can.

K-Mom 10x4
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-17, 04:57

BF:

Good Morning!

KMom...yes, I'm feeling back to normal now, although at the end of last week, I kind of felt like I was having a set back. I just took it easy all weekend and this is a good week. Yes, Dick's is a nice store. Everyone is very friendly & I think I'm going to like it.....and the discount! Yesterday after 3 hours of online training, I finally got to stand up front with one of the cashiers and observe while he checked people out. I'm anxious to be able to step up and wait on people myself.

Blue...I know just what you mean about "needing" some carbs. I have to admit that sometimes my "need" is between my ears and not the body need you are referring to. I do not beat myself up about it. I enjoy whatever I have decided to eat and move on, just as you did.

Jaz...I feel quite comfortable around all the sports stuff at Dick's. Being a golf nut and an exercise fiend helps. I also enjoy watching football, so know a bit about that too. I don't think knowing a lot about sports is a requirement. As a matter of fact, they are so desperate for workers right now I think they are happy for anyone who wants to work. They said they need to hire 13 more right away and another 20 for the Holiday season!

All systems are go for the cruise. We leave tomorrow morning about 6:30 to drive to NJ and should be on the ship around 11. Get on board and commence to eating! The first thing everyone does is hit the buffet! OY! We said at 4 and will be at sea all day Friday on our way to Boston. Just a leisurely sail. It's nice having a sea day at the beginning as it gives you a chance to wander around the ship and find things. These things are huge and it takes a bit to figure out where everything is located. We are on one of the bigger ships, so it'll be an adventure.

Our Key West trip is still in flux. From what I'm seeing on TV, Key West was spared some of the worst of the storm. The problem is getting electricity and water back to them. It is a month till we're supposed to go, we'll play it by ear. I know those people depend on tourism and will want to get visitors back as soon as they can. I just feel so badly for all the people dealing with the aftermath. I just saw a report from St Thomas & St John....OMG.....total devastation. Those beautiful islands are now brown wastelands from the salt water blast & wind from the hurricane.

Trig...did DH get his new truck? Hope he found just what he was looking for. How is your daughter doing in school after the first few weeks? Hope she is settling in and liking it.

Nic....any reports from your college boy? It will be mid term before he knows it! I'm sure he's getting in the groove and doing well.

Ok.....my day is getting a pedicure at 10 and not much else. My cleaning lady is coming today around 1 or so. DH is busy getting all the grass mowed and making sure his elderly cousin has everything she needs before we go. We have 2 wonderful ladies that check on her when we are away.

Hugs to you all!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-17, 04:59

BF:

Good Morning ladies!

Lori- I too think it would be fun working at a place like Sporting Good store. Especially if you are sports minded!
I bet you are really excited for your cruise. How long will you be gone, until Monday?

Trig- truck shopping today? Did your hubby change his mind?
I mulled over your post regarding excuses. I hate to say it- but at first I was rather taken aback. I didn't respond right away. But after giving it some real thought- you are correct. There really is no other way to look at it. If someone really wants something that is is worthwhile to them- either go of it or don't.

Either try- or don't bother and be content with what ya decide- but STOP THE WHINING ya aren't getting the results without the work!
OMG- when I got to that part of it- it hit me like a ton of bricks. You didn't say that of course- I did. But I got to that point of thinking about it. Why am I WHINING about something I am not putting the work in for. WOW- that was something I need to embrace.

Truly that concept is as you would say : so simple it's stupid. I got it. Thanks TRIG- I mean that I do. It's a great take away for me. I never mind true correction. I may not LIKE it- but it takes a true friend to say it.

Are you still getting rain? Schools are STILL closed here for one more day!

LeAnn- I am still thinking about that post you wrote about your DS15 having a hard time between sleep and morning. I was wondering if it is getting any better?
Are you a morning person? You strike me as a late night owl!
I was thinking as I write this post- I don't remember if you told me if you ever said you have worked outside the home. I see you as a working MOM inside the home and a volunteer in the community. Did you meet your hubby in collage?

It's funny we have been writing to each other for almost what 2-3 years now- and every now and a gain one of us tosses a ZINGER in the mix that is fun to learn.
Like when TRIG- said she was a corporate bean counter for a minute, then traded it in for a farmgal and horse ranch life! Truly found the fit!

I can't even see Trig- hanging up the overalls for a dress and heading off to a gray office and sitting in a cubicle farm and listening to endless meeting drone on and on and on....... Or any of you for that matter. Oh wait...... that would be me!

Blue- I am sad that you feel under valued. You CERTAINLY do have plenty to offer! But I understand the feeling of having the rug pulled out from underneath you and still having to smile. OMG I do!!! You are so right it takes a TON of energy to put on that "everything is fine face"- when in reality you want to throw plates against a wall.
(there is something VERY therapeutic about doing just that)- just get some dollar store plates and toss away!

I know I have said this before- but you my friend will survive this transition! YES you will. Will it be without bumps, pain, all that- no. But you and the hubby will figure it out. Sometimes when you are in that position it can be so easy to let doubt suck you in. Toss the middle finger to doubt and take out your gratitude list! If you don't have one- physically MAKE one. I have found that when I WRITE out all my blessings- it helps me no matter what sh*t storm I might be in. It helps- then I stand tall- and move forward.

I am glad you know your body and what helps you. Am I advocating French fries and cheeseburgers? No- but you know what you needed and it did not derail you. I think it is important to know your body, and what it needs.

KMOM- I got the feeling from your last post that you are feeling overwhelmed? Not sure why- you seldom share about you on here. But I am so happy you are here- and doing WELL on your WOE at least!
yesterday- 5/5 - struggled to get there- but I chugged at the last minute to get it in.
------------------------------------
I don't have time for personals- I have run outta time.
I am doing WELL- could do better on my WOE. I started actually tracking with the fitness pal yesterday. Was a little shocked. I know I do total carbs- not net carbs- and when ya toss veggies in that mix- it added up real fast.
I am aware - that is half the battle.

Yesterday I did 3 sets of steps 4 flights with a co-worker. Today I am taking my weights into work. And my big ball - I want to sit on the ball 1/2 of my sitting time. It is a BIG ball that ya sit on.

Gotta serve the man- off to the cube farm.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-17, 06:19

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all! It's Hump Day!

Kmom- are the egg cups like those little egg muffin things? Sort of like baby quiche muffins?
Awwww! That is so awesome, about the little Tibetan Kindergartener. I have no doubt you won her over fast. I bet you can make learning English fun and stress free for her!

Jaz- re: the shaved meat sandwiches.. these are similar to steak-um, philly style but better quality. I get the meat from Costco- it is frozen and ready to cook. The menfolk love them and they are a super fast meal- about 6-7 minutes cook time from start to finish for the meat, meanwhile I toast the bread and fry up some onions. Top with cheese and done!
Good job doing the stairs! That is some good leg work!

Blue- Hugs to you. Keeping a positive attitude and a smile on in the face of adversity is hard, I know. I feel for you.
Glad you were able to look up Leann Vogel. I have heard her on a number of podcasts and also have her book The Keto Diet, which is much more than a cookbook. Check it out if you get a chance!

Lori- Glad you are so excited about your new job. I think you will enjoy it. And your cruise too! You have much to look forward to over the coming couple of weeks. You do a good mix of travel and other things. Showing me how it's done! Glad you are feeling better too.

•••••••••••••

So Bio Dad missed his visit yesterday (no shock there) which freed me up to do the lawn. Glad I did because it is raining today. I don't mind doing it- it is good exercise and I like seeing it look all pretty for the next few days and know I did that. I also took the dogs for a walk yesterday afternoon so I got some good exercise in.

Jaz, yes I am still doing MoW- it has been about 3 years now I think. Doing that and CASA keeps me pretty busy. After this case wraps up I think I will take a break from CASA and look into what I want to try next.

Tonight I am doing Paint Nite- the make up class from the one where the instructor had the car accident. That's early, at six. Glad about that too as I am NOT a night owl but more a morning person. I am bypassing dinner out this time- DH is working in DC so has a late night meeting and so I want to get DS15 set up, plus I'm keeping things pretty clean during the week and being at home will help.

Tomorrow is the FIM (Family Involvement Meeting) for the CASA baby. Super curious as to how that will go.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-17, 07:05

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco what are you doing in Paint Nite? just curious sounds like fun

Jaz, yea do not put in any effort/whine/thought to something you are not willing to put real work into and get on with your life as you want We waste so much of our lives on negative and what ifs and useless thoughts but if ya truly want something you will go for it....those Ninja people love their lifestyle, it is part of them and they train constantly and enjoy it so if that is not you don't even go there LOL....for me, what I got out of your post was 'do better' for what effort you can give it, if ya really want to give it....if not forget it totally.

Blue, the carbs are a nightmare. I can't do what you do. I wish I could but in a monster way I am so glad I can't

It is funny since I feel so wonderful eating this way it is now becoming 'not a chore' and I am finally flipping over to true lifestyle change now. I find myself calm, settled, in flow with the food vs. my fight with food all the time. I am so happy I found my zc lifestyle.

Lori the keys in a month should still be a mess but I would think you could go down but alot of places might be closed still etc?
I know you are on the fence on this one.

no truck yet. going his next day off to a 'monster truck dealership' 2 hrs away and WILL come home with one and the wallet alot lighter He saw about 6 online he likes and we will go see and I am sure we will buy.....shoot me now please!

KM so cool with the tutoring. You are moving and shaking lately, happy for you. All seems like it is going well!!!

HI ALL
fast one
pool covered yesterday. done YAY
off to fast store trip to get kiddo something for school she needs and taking doggie and hubby...then walk the nearby track for a while and just chill and stroll. Cloudy but ok here.

got 4 nice thin pork chops for brunch later
got nice top sirloin steak for dinner
got bacon/cheese/sardines and more if hungry but so far my appetite is holding alot lower and I always like that

great day all
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-17, 10:15

BF:

Hi again!

Fresh pedicure and I'm ready for vacation!

Jaz....it is a 9 day cruise. I won't be home until 9/23. I may not confess how much weight I gain.....I'm hoping to hold it to around 5 lbs.

Yeah, not counting on going to Key West. From what I see on TV, the upper keys are really bad....Key West a big less so. I hope for the sake of the people living and working there that they are able to get their Paradise back soon.

I probably won't have time to post in the morning before we head out, so I'll say good-bye now. If I find WiFi somewhere along the line, I may drop a post here. I typically don't pay for WiFi on the ship, but I may break down and do it this time. We'll see what the "deal" is.

Love you all!!
Closed Thread