Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-05, 01:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/204/165 Male 179 cm
BF:
Progress: 19%
Thumbs up Tony's almost 0 carb crunchy bread dish, an accidental recipe!

Hi!

I was trying to do a mock danish recipe but then found out I had no cream cheese, almost no splenda, and worse yet, practically no butter, anyway I was determined to experiment and see if I could cook a lowcarb dish different from the typical egg.

So here is what I did:

I put 5 egg yolks, (only the yellow little balls in the middle, hehe!!) and whip them with some butter, some spices, and some diced sausage, then in a small glass container I nuked it for like 3 minutes in the microwave (maybe you need more time to make it as dry and firm as possible in your microwave).

When it cools off you have a very tasty and dense almost crunchy,very filling and satisfying breakfast/lunch/snack that you can prepare in a hurry and very easily carry along with you in any container. Experiment with it adding different fillings (like tuna, salsa, sausage, ham, vegetables,cheese, etc) and you will have a great dish!! Trust me, its delicious and you will not believe its eggs!!

Its simple: mix some egg yolks with molten butter or cream cheese, pour any filling you want in the mix, nuke in the mw until dense and dry, let it cool off a little and enjoy.

Want a mini pizza? beat the egg yolks and the butter with spices, pour a little of the mixture in the container to make the base, add a layer of cheese, sausage, etc, etc and then top it all with the rest of the mixture, send it to the microwave and there you go!!

Give it a try, you will love it as much as I do! and best of all, 5 minutes and you are done!!

Well gotta go back to experiment more in the kitchen and see what else I create.

Saludos from Mexico!

Tony
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-05, 02:07

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/175/158 Female 5'10"
BF:I am 5'10" tall
Progress: 57%
Smile

Wow, thanks I am going to try that tomorrow......sounds good.... cant wait....take care, Gina

I would have never thought of doing something like that in the microwave....
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-05, 02:24

Smile

Hey, I tried it, all I had left was two eggs..... I put that in a small glass bowl...stirred in some real butter and some cream cheese....What a great idea....

do you think the eggs get cooked enough in the microwave? It tastes like it, thanks for the good quick idea. I have to try to add some more things to it....

I did not know exactly how much to add, so my first one wasnt the best, yet I know it has potential, thx alot!!!!

I dont have anymore eggs left to experiment ...Gina
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-05, 02:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaLeanne
Hey, I tried it, all I had left was two eggs..... I put that in a small glass bowl...stirred in some real butter and some cream cheese....What a great idea....

do you think the eggs get cooked enough in the microwave? It tastes like it, thanks for the good quick idea. I have to try to add some more things to it....

I did not know exactly how much to add, so my first one wasnt the best, yet I know it has potential, thx alot!!!!

I dont have anymore eggs left to experiment ...Gina

p.s you are so smart!!! Hey two eggs made a rice cake size one.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-05, 04:00

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaLeanne
p.s you are so smart!!! Hey two eggs made a rice cake size one.

I'll let you know what I find out when I experiment some more thanks!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-05, 10:09
Registered Member

Stats: 213/204/165 Male 179 cm
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Glad you liked it!

Hi there!

Nice to hear my recipe has already been tried somewhere else! (as fas ar Michigan hehe!) as an aspiring scientist is great to validate your experiments with someone else.

You will not believe it but I am actually craving one of this little thingies, cant wait to make another one with cheese (how about sharp cheddar??) hmm yummy!! Love it! I could survive this diet just by eating this!!

Regards
Antonio

P.S. Let me know what other ideas you come up with for this dish!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 09:44

Stats: 182/174/150 Female 163 cm
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi .. I tried it.. 3 minutes in the microwave.. brought out a crunchy bread dish at the top.. charred and burnt at the bottom. I used only the egg yolks, cream cheese and butter. Maybe the other additions would have prevented the burning and i should have stopped the microwave early.
It sure was tasty though. I ate it anyway..I do like crunchy things (my pitfall)
Next time I'll check it at 2:30mins.
Bright idea..!
What spices did you use?