Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1441   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-17, 00:25

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default day 5 of 5 this week

goals: Fall quarter (to Winter Solstice): 15 min a day cleaning something 5 days a week. (Goal is to deep clean house/ pack and sort/discard stuff)
I have a sub-task here too. Exercise. I want to spend 20 min 5 days a week exercising.

spent 15 min sweeping up broken glass in the garage - he has one of those floor lamps with moveable "arms" and a flourescent spiral light in each holder - it fell over last month and some bulbs broke - I can't move my cat out there until that is cleaned up, so I did that, then picked up some boxes from a pile where they were thrown, and gathered the multiple jewelry containers and put them together.

Spent 20 min outside tonight (61 degrees out! I was actually chilly) doing A Morning Cup of Yoga - the easier ones today. I spent all day shelving at the library - more than usual, so the knee was not happy.

I fell short of one day's worth of exercise - Tues I did the house but not exercise. Just doing what I can, striving for 5 days but not losing sleep over it. I do know Friday Sat and Sunday are tough days, I am pretty tired out by then. Made myself do this tonight. I was ready for bed when I got home from work, but had to grocery shop first and get gas.
Sponsored Links
  #1442   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-17, 04:54

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

1. twice a day meditation
2. At least 10,000 steps a day either indoors, outdoors or a combo
3. <25 net grams of carbs per day, 2 meals, no eating after 6PM
4. In bed by 10PM

Day 44 complete

Totals:
9 missed meditation sessions
1 missed carb count
7 late bedtimes
3 missed steps
1 missed eating after 6

Everything according to plan.
  #1443   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-17, 04:48

BF:

4. In bed by 10PM

Day 45 complete

Totals:
1 missed carb count
8 late bedtimes
3 missed steps
2 missed eating after 6

Both bedtime and eating time off by 1 hour due to late meeting. Got to occasionally adjust schedule to coincicde with life.
  #1444   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-17, 06:39

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

"My aim: Develop "minimum effort required" in abode maintenance for a period ending 20171231.2359. Habituate the practice after that; observe, adjust."

Observations:

May or may not be related to maintenance practices but this morning I was making coffee. I purchased a gallon of water for a trip home from kiteskating. I placed it aside and thought, I'll make coffee with the remainder. I glanced at it the other day and my mind saw that there was not cap on the gallon jug, I thought, "that's ok, nothing will get into it - I'll use it up quickly making moring coffees"

This morning I grabbed the jug and started to pour into jar but nothing came out. There was a cap on it, translucent, like the jug. I formed a thought or saying that seemed good at the time and went somthing like this:

pre conceived notions affect behaviour, investigation before action.

I "saw" an open jug. I acted as if it was open. It was not open and I was surprised.

How many other areas of my life does this happen in? My guess is that it approaches 99 percent. I think this is why I like to learn new things as I bring and have fewer preconceived notions about it. I can be more open to the unexpected feedback I get.

so that's it, and dishes were done this morning.

PS, hey ROB give up dates on that new meter along the way here if possible - interested!
  #1445   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-17, 07:17

BF:

Thud - Always good to remember that our mind creates our reality. My dog barks when I leave the house or when he hears people in the hall. This has always irritated me. It makes it harder for me to go out the door and I worry that he might disturb my neighbors. For the first few days of his illness he didn't even manage a bark. Now he is slowly returning to his normal barking behavior. I am no longer irritated by it. Now his bark means a return to health. Same bark but different mindset on my part. My mind creates my reality. The jug remained the same. Your mind saw it in two different ways.

Jean
  #1446   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-17, 11:35

Plan: I plan to combine LC/IF
Stats: 243/239/160 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Refocus

Day 1 – 11/5 Sat.

Day 17 11/21 Tue
For the first 6 days I was consistent, then work and travel shifted my priorities. Some days were recorded, some partially, some not. This morning I refocused my efforts to keep my eye on the ball. This practice is helping me to change.

The good habit I want to establish is recording my food each day, as a practice of mindfulness.~ I will:

1.~~~~~~ Record what I eat, even if it is retro, no empty record days.
2.~~~~~~ Give the best efforts to estimate entries, even if information is limited.
3.~~~~~~ Maintain calorie goals <1,500.
4.~~~~~~ Reduce the carbs I eat
5.~~~~~~ Continue Intermittent Fasting (IF), for me that means fasting between 2p and 10p.

This can constitute my practice(s) whether I am at home or away.~ Be persistent.~~

Last edited by IFnewstart : Tue, Nov-21-17 at 11:51.
  #1447   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-17, 14:34
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default Day 6 of 90

Start date: 11/15/2017
Goal: Lose the extra pounds I gained over the spring & summer

Means:
1) Track food daily, keeping carbs < 30 net and calories < 2200 most days
2) Abstain from peanut butter, peanuts & cashews, dark chocolate, and Protein (Quest) bars
3) No eating after dinner
4) Get a 2+ mile walk in at least 5 days a week

I ate too much on Sunday. Monday was good. I'm glad to finally be getting over this cold. I'm doing my evening walks in again. Last night was quite enjoyable.
  #1448   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-17, 15:32

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
PS, hey ROB give up dates on that new meter along the way here if possible - interested!

Thud, happy to do that. Have not started regular measurements yet, but plan to start on a regular basis starting next week. I'm trying to do morning fasted, one hour after first meal, just before last meal of the day, and an hour after last meal of the day. In one day of my trial measurements, I measured BG fasted in the morning at 91, one hour after my first meal (lunch for normal people) at 92, then one hour after dinner which was stir fried Shirataki noodles (Konjac) with beef, broccoli, and mushrooms at 100. I was pretty happy with the last reading, as I was curious as to whether the noodles had any influence on blood sugar. Two hours after that same meal, I was down to 95, so the trend was going the way I wanted it. I'll provide ketone measurements at that time as well.
  #1449   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-17, 22:17

Default day 1 of 5 this week

goals: Fall quarter (to Winter Solstice): 15 min a day cleaning something 5 days a week. (Goal is to deep clean house/ pack and sort/discard stuff)
I have a sub-task here too. Exercise. I want to spend 20 min 5 days a week exercising.

Inbetween jobs today: I did 20 min moving the cat into the garage, grabbing boxes to recycle out there and a big bag of Christmas gift boxes that I took to the library for someone to take. Anything extra goes. Continuing to find stuff to take to the garage to pack...my thoughts are: Oh, I might need that... and NO you are leaving, pack it, you don't need stuff now...

20 min doing a Morning Cup of Yoga outside after job 2 - very tired out but I know iit will be tough all week. Yesterday was just too tired to do much, it was my full time day.
  #1450   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-17, 04:24

BF:

4. In bed by 10PM

Day 46 complete

Totals:
1 missed carb count
8 late bedtimes
3 missed steps
2 missed eating after 6
  #1451   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-17, 08:04
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default Day 7 of 90

Start date: 11/15/2017
Goal: Lose the extra pounds I gained over the spring & summer

Means:
1) Track food daily, keeping carbs < 30 net and calories < 2200 most days
2) Abstain from peanut butter, peanuts & cashews, dark chocolate, and Protein (Quest) bars
3) No eating after dinner
4) Get a 2+ mile walk in at least 5 days a week

Yesterday would have been perfect had I not had some pork rinds after returning from grocery shopping last night. I got my walking in at lunchtime, abstained from eating anything on my "problem food" list, and carbs were VLC. It was a good day.
  #1452   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-17, 10:02

Plan: I plan to combine LC/IF
Stats: 243/239/160 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Say Yes to Keto

Day 1 – 11/5 Sat.

Day 18 11/22 Wed
Most of the day yesterday was about succeeding at weight loss. It was time well spent. I am figuring out what it takes. Carbs are my biggest struggle, and I found an app that calculates your macros. So now, I have realistic carb goals and a good tracker, which helps for planning ahead. It measures net carbs too. My net carbs goal is 38g.

I was surprised to see that I hit the macros ratio yesterday, although my cals were lower than projected. With IF and a busy schedule, time took care of the cals. The good news is that my weight is down 1.6 lbs, since yesterday, and I broke through what must have been a plateau.

The good habit I want to establish is recording my food each day, as a practice of mindfulness.~ I will:

1.~~~~~~ Record what I eat, even if it is retro, no empty record days.
2.~~~~~~ Give the best efforts to estimate entries, even if information is limited.
3.~~~~~~ Maintain calorie goals <1,500.
4.~~~~~~ Reduce my carbs to net carbs 38.
5.~~~~~~ Continue Intermittent Fasting (IF), for me that means fasting between 2p and 10p.

This can constitute my practice(s) whether I am at home or away.~ Be persistent.~~
  #1453   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-17, 10:19

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

"My aim: Develop "minimum effort required" in abode maintenance for a period ending 20171231.2359. Habituate the practice after that; observe, adjust."

Observations:

Got on a roll this morning and had to pull in the reins and remind myself I'm not shooting for a clean apartment NOW. I'm shooting for a change in behaviour NOW.
  #1454   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-17, 23:28

Default day 2 of 5 this week

spent 20 min after work tonight going into each of the smaller rooms and grabbing what was mine to get ready to pack. Guest bedroom, guest bathroom, laundry room, office and living room. Not stuff that I really am using still, but anything extra. It's piled in the office, ready for a transport to the garage (the great re-packing center.) Executive decisions being made on small electronics that are mostly broken... E waste! Not taking it. If I haven't found someone to repair it by now, most likely I won't. Time for smaller, new stuff that actually works.

5 min doing Morning Cup of Yoga Stretching, 15 min walking around the back yard and balancing on the edging of the yard as I go around...It's all I had in me after working both jobs today.
  #1455   ^
Old Thu, Nov-23-17, 04:43

BF:

4. In bed by 10PM

Day 47 complete

Totals:
1 missed carb count
9 late bedtimes
3 missed steps
2 missed eating after 6

Went to bed late (midnight). Life interfered with my good intentions. Dog, who is getting better by the day, kindly woke me up at 4:30AM. Perhaps I can get a nap in before Thanksgiving dinner. All in all I am happy with my overall success in this challenge. I am even happy that I can miss an intention here and there but get right back to it the next day.
Closed Thread