Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 04:20
Boldly going...

Plan: keto
Stats: 410/298.6/225 Male 74 inches
BF:40/35%/17%
Progress: 60%

Day 1
10k steps exceeded.
100 oz water consumed.

Today is day 2.
Onward and upward.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 04:30

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Ah, that's a good one Jean! When you have that feeling like you want to play hearts, as your body and mind go there, like me with snacking, I hope to learn something or just feel what it is that puts the mind and body into the habitual pattern. Accept it has happened and perhaps slow down enough to realize I have a choice in the matter.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 04:34

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
Ah, that's a good one Jean! When you have that feeling like you want to play hearts, as your body and mind go there, like me with snacking, I hope to learn something or just feel what it is that puts the mind and body into the habitual pattern. Accept it has happened and perhaps slow down enough to realize I have a choice in the matter.

That's it, have the feeling, notice it, accept it, breathe and move on. It's just habit and with attention habits can be changed.

Jean
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 07:33

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

90 day Squat Challenge

Day 1: 6/5/2016
Day 90: 9/3/2016

Day 2
AM: 10
Mid: 5
PM: 10
Total: 21

Grand total: 46
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 08:38

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%

Goal: Meditate every day

Day 1 - 10 minutes.
Went right to bed afterwards, and fell asleep pretty quickly.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 08:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

I don't eat more than two meals a day. And, if I snack, it's always OP, but I can't, honestly, say that every snack is d/t hunger. Too frequently it's d/t boredom, or "interest".

So, because I don't have lunch, this will be a little more complex than Thud's, but here it is. If I want a snack, and it's more than 3 hours before my planned dinner, I will remove myself from the kitchen, and go do something else for at least 10 minutes. If I still want the snack at that point, I'll have one that is OP.

BUT, if it's less than 3 hours from planned dinner, and the ten minute rule doesn't work, I'll start making dinner.

Today, June 7, is day one.

August 30 is day 90.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 10:42
Boldly going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue

Today, June 7, is day one.

August 30 is day 90.

I want your calendar. For paydays and challenges only. Not when it comes to bills.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 12:21

OH NO! I did it as 12 weeks (84 days).

POOOOOOOH!

So, that makes September 5 90 days.

(Slaps self upside the head.)
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 12:23

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Day 1 - 10 minutes of meditation completed.

My object of meditation is the sensation of the soles of my feet resting on the ground ( or the sensation of the ground pushing up against the soles of my feet!) I am one of those people who get uncomfortable if they try watching the breath. Restful, but of course my mind drifted off a lot of the time.

I am a bit over full at the end of my eating window - not painfully stuffed but a bit more packed than I need to be. Maybe this will help with appetite correction.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 18:35
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Default Day 2

Challenge Goal:

Net Carbs: 45 or under for 90 days
Calories: 2500 or less everyday as well

Today:

Net Carbs: 43
Calories: 2375

Wow! what a turn out for this challenge. Such great company, too. This should be fun. Just remember... 90 days is a long time. Commit to it and make this challenge work for you!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 19:00

Today. Was hungry at 1 PM. Waited 10--actually, 15, because I was busy--minutes. Still hungry.

Had one slice thick bacon and more than 1/8, less than 1/4 cup mixed nuts with some water.

When I was hungry again, around 5:45, I made dinner: one carb each hot dogs from Costco, and Brussels sprouts sautéed in bacon fat served with chopped bacon. Total daily carbs gross: 17, net, 12.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-16, 20:21

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

My 90 day "no snacking between meals" habit I'm developing.

Day 2: Complete

Comments:

When I saw dex and Ambulo mention they wanted to improve their daily meditation practice I thought, "dang, I WANT to do that too!"

I have another habit of wanting to change everything all at once. I'll let that one go for now and any other fantastic ideas others have, for now, this 90 days. I will admire them tho

I will put my attention on this one thing; snacking.

This is basic, this is core, this is fundamental. No need to rush

Welcome MickiSue!
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 03:57

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Day 1 - June 6 - No hearts
Day 2 - June 7 - No hearts

Breaking a habit that is simply wasting time. So far so good.

On the topic of meditation, I do have a daily meditation practice, twice daily actually but I am a practicing Buddhist and now taking an online course that certainly reinforces my motivation to sit. Buddhist meditation includes mindfulness but is not primarily about stress relief although ultimately that would certainly be one of its benefits. It's taken me many years to develop a stable habit of sitting. I allow myself leeway in terms of how long I sit so that it doesn't start to feel like some kind of punishment but rather a beneficial practice. Last night I came home from my granddaughter's 8th grade graduation, took the dog for a short walk and then was very tired and wanted to go to bed. I considered not sitting but instead I only sat for 10 minutes, finding that middle way between being too loose about meditating and too rigid. Today I hope to add small periods of mini meditation whenever the urge to just play a few game of Hearts kicks in, a kind of breathing in place to calm the mind.

Jean
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 08:16
Boldly going...

90 day Habit:
10k steps
96 oz water

Day 2 of 90 in the books. Fitbit steps were 12,402 and water I stopped keeping track at 100 oz.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 08:34

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%

Goal: Meditate every day.

Day 2: 10 minutes
Again, right before bed. My "focus" when meditating is really lack of focus. It's my time to clear my mind and get quiet. If you were inside my brain, you would understand why this is so important to me.

I'm sure that is also influenced by my history with meditation. My mother is Buddhist, so meditation has been part of my life since I was pretty young, but it wasn't called "meditation." She called it getting quiet. As in, "Dex, time to get quiet." And that was my queue to sit down on a floor cushion, close my eyes and shut my trap.

When I was older and finally figured out that what we were doing was meditation, and I assumed she didn't call it that because she thought it would be harder to explain the concept to a child. It wasn't until I was in my twenties that I finally asked her why. That's when I found out that she had a hard time pronouncing the word "meditation," so she just avoided it.
Closed Thread