Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 12:00

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

I've seen a Blue Dragon Green Thai Curry stir fry sauce that was very low carb, in a blue sachet. However, can't get it down here.

With regard to the sausage meat you need to look at the labels before you buy the packet as some will contain filler and therefore carbs.

Some of the Chiken Tonight sauces are pretty low carb as well.

No Pounds Off, chocolates are not really allowed, but there are some good diabetic equivalents available which you can have in moderation. Just watch out for possible laxitive effects.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 09:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/134/130 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 86%

KellyUK, you mentioned something about Thornton's earlier. Do they make sf toffee? I checked their website but couldn't see any. Or was your post just wishful thinking!! Boy, if they make sf treacle toffee I will die. I haven't had their toffee in years. That and black pudding. Kind of opposites, I know, but I miss both being here in Virginia. Anyway, if there is such a thing as sf Thornton's please let me know. Thanks.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 12:49

Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi Grey
Thortons do sell diabetic toffee but i'm not sure if they sell diabetic treacle toffee. The one that caught my eye was a brazil nut toffee, i was very good though and just walked away (we wont mention the diabetic chocolate fudge bars that i bought ).
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 12:56

Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Apparently Boots do a reasonable diabetic toffee too.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 14:09
Registered Member

Plan: Various
Stats: 196/172/154 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 57%

The site may well be useful but, arrgh, OMG, the nasty midi music!

I want ranch dressing (specifically Hidden Valley original ranch dressing mix) to be sold on all sorts of UK LC sites and shops. One day....

Gez
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 08:07

Stats: 245/234/200
BF:don't care!!
Progress: 24%

Aaaah Hidden Valley. I have a pack in my cupboard that a friend sent me and I'm saving it for a special occasion.

I would like to see 'instant' food. If I'm exhausted and just in from work it would be good to be able to open a can or a packet and eat something that I know it low carb and sugar free. A decent can of chicken soup would be amazing! Or things like Lean Cusine but 1) bigger portions and 2) a better flavour!