Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-05, 09:50

Plan: carbohydrate addict
Stats: 400/396/265 Male 74
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default No weight loss

I have been real strict on this plan for the past 10 days but have only seen a 5 pound weight loss and I am 395lbs. I was thinking I should of doubled it at my 10 day mark with the weight I have to lose. I cut out all diet sodas and I only drink black coffee with (no sweetner) and water throughout the day. My reward meals have been large but well balanced and all under 30 to 45 mins. The only other thing I can think of is to stop eating onions with my LC meals. I have 2 hamburger patties or 3 or 4 eggs fried with Boars head beef bologna(no sugar) both fried with onions(about a half an onion). I knew onions had about 10 carbs so I would have a half a day. I will now cut that out and see what happens for my next 10 days. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
David
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-05, 11:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Onions are limited to 2 tablespoons outside of RM, if at all. They may coase cravings in some people.

I bumped up the "cheat sheet" thread for your reference to the allowed foods list.
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 10:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/163/134 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Okay now I am confused. I am reading the CAD book right now and on page 117 it says diet soda is okay as long as it in under four grams of carbs? Please advise.
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 12:52
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Diet sodas are considered a carb "act like" and some people react to them just as if they were comprised of full sugar, the Hellers covered this in their second book, CALP. YMMV.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 06:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/150/135 Female 5feet 5inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hello I,m new to this forum ,could someone tell me what (RM&CM)mean .Thank
  #51   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 06:47

Plan: CAD
Stats: 250/245/200 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Complimentary Meal and Reward Meal. These are the two types of meals on the CAD plan.
  #52   ^
Old Sat, May-07-05, 10:47

Plan: calp
Stats: 185/140/130 Female 64"
BF:
Progress:
Default salad instead of veggies

does anyone know if it would be ok to have a salad instead of veggies for RM? I know some people have both like the book says to do, but since a salad is also veggies, would it be ok to just have that? Wouldn't it still be balanced to have like say, a chicken sandwich and a salad? Just wondering. Bye, Amy
  #53   ^
Old Sat, May-07-05, 11:15

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Amyvr,

I do sometimes just have a large salad instead of a salad and CM veggies on my plate. I normally do that when I have added a lot of extra yummy veggies to my salad. I can only eat so many veggies.
  #54   ^
Old Sun, May-08-05, 13:25

BF:
Progress:

I agree with you. You know, I am trying hard to balance my RM. Would you be able to eat breaded meat with another carb like bread or chips, or do you have to count the flour on the battered meat as the only carb when trying to balance? Just wondering. Thanks, Amy
  #55   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 11:29

BF:
Progress:

Hey, I really want to start losing, but I can't control my RM. Has anyone heard that eating yogurt burns fat? I bet it's another gimmick to sell a product. Amy.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 12:28
Finding the Pieces

BF:

use commen sense and portion size. A little flour coating isn't bad, batter is a lot more and should be counted.

Yogurt is not proven, just speculation.
  #57   ^
Old Sat, May-14-05, 17:54

Plan: CAD
Stats: 250/245/200 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I just found out why I am feeling so great on LC... I had extensive allergy tests done this week... I am allergic to wheat!!! I have also been on steriods for the past three weeks and now I am up to 214 again ...oh well, my ankles and hands are swollen and the dr. says that when I finish my course of steriods that the water weight will come off.
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-05, 10:24

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi CADERS:

I'm thinking of doing CAD and have been reading lots of posts and find
them very informative. I seem to constantly sabotage myself and thought
that CAD may be a good choice for me.

I was wondering about ground flaxseeds and where they would fit in - CM
or RM? I usually have 1-2 tbs. in whey protein powder (1 gram carb) - is that legal for a CM? I have the Heller's book but don't see mention of flaxseeds which I love.

Thanks
LizzyLC
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-05, 10:30
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Flaxseeds at CM have led some CADers into trouble. If would do at least a week "clean" without them before adding them in to see how they affect you.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-06, 06:53
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

A few questions....

Quote:
10. Using net carb theory.

Are we not supposed to subtract fiber from the veg's at CM's? If that is the case, then how do we keep it under 4g?

Quote:
6. LC recipes or lc products during CM.

What if the LC recipes are made from everything on the allowed lists? Would that be okay? I can understand products because alot of them include AS.

Quote:
21. SF Metamucil or fiber outside CM/RM.

How do you all consume the powdered fiber during a CM? I am scared to even make tea with AS in it. Should I just wait until my drink with my RM?

I do have the book and I have been reading it...maybe I haven't gotten to these specific parts but, I did look in the index for key words. Please forgive me if these are ignorant questions!!

Katie

P.S. Nice to join you all, today is my second day on CAD. I have been on Atkins since May 05 and that is how I lost my weight.

I am excited to be on CAD and I am really trying to focus today on getting my RM a bit more balanced...I think the excitement of it all led to a bit more of my carb portion last night!