Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-03-06, 22:42
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb Made Easy
Stats: 156/143/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default A turtle- but on the ride of a lifetime!

Hi everyone,
I'm another turtle definitely. I have been so focussed but getting tired of bouncing around the same weight range for ages.
However I lost a friend to breast cancer this week and at her funeral I met up with a group of people I used to see all the time when we lived in the same small town.what I realised was that I have wasted so much time back then worrying over being overweight and everything else as well that I almost missed noticing a wonderful time in my life.
So even though it's slow I've decided to be OK every minute of every day and maybe I'm not at my goal weight yet but it's moving . And I have found this great site and I have already got some ideas of things to tweak.
My Dad always said "slow and steady wins the race" and I intend to be right there every step of the way enjoying life and all the ones I love.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 05:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/160/145 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

What a great post and so true. Too often life is what happens when you are busy with something else. I still cringe when I think of family events that I missed because I did not want to be seen when I was so heavy. Any the fact that for about 20 years of my life there is no photographic evidence that i even existed..I thought about that last week when I went to a friends much to soon funeral and was looking at the photo boards of her life..at this point there would be no photo board for me.
It is so important to live in today and enjoy each moment, who knows if tomorrow with come.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-08, 02:57

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Halfpass, that would be me too. No photos and not going places because I am fat. Life is passing me by and all I can think about is my weight....