Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-07, 20:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/133/120 Female 60 in
BF:52.4/35/22
Progress: 76%

I know about people thinking you're still preggo...I swear easily 2/3 of what I have to lose resides in my belly! I have 2 girls, born in rapid succession (15 months apart) and people do ask me when #3 is due...ouch!

I think you're probably fine to lose 2lbs a week at this point...after induction which is mostly water weight. I did wait until I stopped nursing, well and until I got so concerned about my health that it was lose the weight or go to the doctor and risk being categorized somewhere in the pre to diabetic range, which was not a road I wanted to head down when I knew I could be in control of the situation. Now I feel great!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-07, 06:22

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Koalaty

How old are your babies?

I got Gestational Diabetes while I was pregnant & last month I checked my blood to see were it was at & my blood sugars were high again. So I knew that I had to do something about my weigh.

I'm feeling better already too. This is my 3rd week.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-07, 17:34

Plan: Dr. Atkin's
Stats: 216/206.4/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

just a quick update to this thread i started so long ago...

i am 3 months post partum and i am down 42 pounds. i really am not working very hard to get the weight off, but it is literally flying off with the breast feeding.

my metabolism has sped up so much that my resting pulse and temperature have increased slightly. that along with the fact that my son eats constantly has contributed to the loss i'm sure.

i don't exercise much at all - maybe a 15 minute walk here and there. i'm really not counting carbos either. i eat veggies, dairy, and some whole grains when i really need them. a lot of my diet consists of proteins and fats. when i decreased fat/protein level, my milk supply dropped. interestingly, when i decrease carbos a whole lot, i actually GAIN weight. somehow my body has found a nice medium of weight loss and milk production. it took trial and error, but i am so happy with my weight up to this point.

i am already below my pre-preg weight. actually, this is the lightest i've been in THREE YEARS!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-07, 23:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/160/140 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hey ladies- With both my babies I lost 15-20 lbs in the first couple weeks after giving birth. After that, my weight loss pretty much stalled until I stopped bfing. I had a really difficult time loosing weight while bfing. I would loose a pound or 2, then gain it back over and over again. Not to mention that I was extremely hungry when bfing.

I also gained a lot of weight with my first and everyone told me 'you're doing the right thing for your baby' by overeating and that it would all just melt away when the baby was born. I wish someone had been truthful!! The truth is, you're dietary needs are not that much different when preggo/bfing than they are normally and as women we should really try to be more careful about what we eat in general. That statement is much easier to make now that I'm in ketosis and not having those huge cravings and hunger pangs! Anyway, that's my two cents!

More than anything try not to let the whole issue of weight loss overshadow enjoying your new bundle of joy, because really that is the most important thing!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-10, 23:14

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

To update this old thread...

My highest (just before having baby) weight was around 260. I am now about 90 lbs down but it has taken 3.5 years. Some of us are turtles ... but as long as we "crawl" in the right direction, we will be ok.