Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1771   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 12:20

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi All

Yep, agree with the weeds Karen...6 or more seem to pop up for every one pulled. That was the back yard, now the front needs attention.

Watching my DGS today. He's much easier and can entertain himself. He's painting, coloring and playing with cars and trains. All while watching a cartoon with trains. I just have to keep him fed and watered

He loves Salmon so he can finish that up for lunch along with some green beans.

Less than two weeks and we fly up to Portland for a week for DGS to get some cousin bonding time with my other 2 DGDs.

I cleaned a lot yesterday but still have some laundry left for today.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.
Sponsored Links
  #1772   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-17, 04:04
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Talking Tuesday, 13 June 2017

Happy Tuesday, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally terrific Tuesday in every.single.way possible!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

“Judge your SUCCESSES by what you had to GIVE UP in order to get them!!”
~ unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Got it at about 11 last night and went straight to work!
WOWzer, didn't know you'd have to work right when you got back! You poor thing!
Quote:
Lordy I am tired 😴 heading for a nap shortly!
Hope you got a good nap in!
Quote:
I am feeling better but still have a bit of a cough. Will be taking meds till Wednesday!
Imma glad you're feeling way better!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
...6 or more seem to pop up for every one pulled. That was the back yard, now the front needs attention.
Gosh, don't remind me of the flippin' weeds! If it weren't for the weeds, I could probably mow my postage size back lawn about every 3 weeks, but nope , it looks like it could use a good mowing every 10 days or so...BUT I ain't gonna mow it that often...just every other week! Or until it gets on my last nerve...

Quote:
Watching my DGS today. He's much easier and can entertain himself. He's painting, coloring and playing with cars and trains. All while watching a cartoon with trains. I just have to keep him fed and watered
That's great and kinda sad too b/c the older they get the less they really need us huh?
Quote:
He loves Salmon so he can finish that up for lunch along with some green beans.
Wow he's got a sophisticated palate! And look at him eating LC! Of course his GM makes him eat that way!
Quote:
Less than two weeks and we fly up to Portland for a week for DGS to get some cousin bonding time with my other 2 DGDs.
That is so great! So you'll be back by the 4th of July then??
Quote:
I cleaned a lot yesterday but still have some laundry left for today.
Cleaning seems to be the bane of our lives....enough said!
  #1773   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-17, 04:32

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

DE, keep them fed and watered! you had me laughing on that one! but so true ya know

Benrie, omg girlie you are working way too hard. I want you to retire sooner than later cause you are just pushing so hard my friend! Hope you get some Chillax time very soon!!! Glad meds are helping you and hope you get that crud all cleared out fast!

JO, crochet? OK. Looks very theraputic in a way to relax and create those pretty afghans.

yea got above ground pool. long ago when I moved here all I did was ride horses every single minute I had, when I got a pool I wanted simple and easy and no fuss, so got a small above ground just to cool off. Almost did an inground pool but I was single and never home (out in the mts with the horses on trail all the time) so I thought small above is enough. And I was right It is enough to get wet and have fun And when done it is easy disposal, not having to fill in a monster hole in the ground or something like that When my little above died after about 15 yrs I got a much bigger above. Wish I went smaller in size cause the small was so easy to clean, this bigger one is more of pain but I still love it

HI ALL
MIL is on permanent oxygen now. Huh I didn't know that happened.
getting some energy back but she 'went down a step' and ain't getting it back that I can see. You know that 'change' when ya see the older people going down a peg, I think she is there on that one. Even after this gallbladder surgery she won't bounce back well, I just see it happening. Plus the diabetes is screwing her up ALOT. I wish she would take advice on eating and I tried but it is a no go so it is what it is. We all call our own health shots in this life ya know.

busy busy. run here and there before I leave Sun for trip. Tstorms and pop up showers around for like 4 days. shoot me ok LOL Pool is sparkling and perfect and clouds like crazy now oh well, wait long enough and weather will change

great day everyone!!!
  #1774   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-17, 03:56

BF:

Tstorms around. shoot me weather has been a pain around here. cloudy icky misty rainy and more. bleck

kiddo has friend coming over to swim, don't think that will happen out there today. will be interesting to see how this day goes around here

nothing much to report, have usual this and that to handle.

everyone have a great day!!
  #1775   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-17, 04:40
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Here comes HumpFree!!!

Happy HUMP Day, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“What I do today is IMPORTANT because I am exchanging one day in my LIFE for it! ”
~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, crochet? OK. Looks very theraputic in a way to relax and create those pretty afghans.
Therapeutic exactly spot on and remember "Idle hands are the Devil's workshop!"

But seriously, I don't like to sit idle one iota! And I can pedal and crochet on my exercise bike!
Quote:
yea got above ground pool. long ago when I moved here all I did was ride horses every single minute I had, when I got a pool I wanted simple and easy and no fuss, so got a small above ground just to cool off. Almost did an inground pool but I was single and never home (out in the mts with the horses on trail all the time) so I thought small above is enough. And I was right It is enough to get wet and have fun And when done it is easy disposal, not having to fill in a monster hole in the ground or something like that When my little above died after about 15 yrs I got a much bigger above. Wish I went smaller in size cause the small was so easy to clean, this bigger one is more of pain but I still love it
Wow! You're first pool did last a long time ~ what a great investment! Yeah, I hear you about bigger pool = more time cleaning it! At least now you know that when this one needs to be replaced, you know what size to get! Or maybe NOT b/c you'll be RVing around the country and you won't need no stinkin' pool!
Quote:
MIL is on permanent oxygen now. Huh I didn't know that happened.
getting some energy back but she 'went down a step' and ain't getting it back that I can see. You know that 'change' when ya see the older people going down a peg, I think she is there on that one. Even after this gallbladder surgery she won't bounce back well, I just see it happening. Plus the diabetes is screwing her up ALOT. I wish she would take advice on eating and I tried but it is a no go so it is what it is. We all call our own health shots in this life ya know.
So sorry to hear about your MIL and her condition! Hopefully she'll do better than you expect after her gallbladder surgery... So keep those positive thoughts, girlie!

I sympathize with you about wanting your MIL to change her WOE ~ we can't CHANGE anybody but ourselves and hopefully our example will motivate someone else to do LC.
Quote:
Tstorms around. shoot me weather has been a pain around here. cloudy icky misty rainy and more. bleck

kiddo has friend coming over to swim, don't think that will happen out there today. will be interesting to see how this day goes around here

nothing much to report, have usual this and that to handle.
Sorry to hear you're in for some nasty weather! We're expecting to be hitting the 100s + this week and next! "Muy Calienté" for sure! But then, I live in the southwest desert!

I hope your DD and her friend will be able to swim today!
Quote:
everyone have a great day!!
Thanks and you too!
  #1776   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-17, 08:32

BF:

Happy Hump Day!!!!

Hi All....hope your day is going well.

Things are good here. Having my first cup of coffee, enjoying the cool before the heat today. DGS walked to the park with me yesterday so with babysitting 3 days a week I am getting plenty of exercise in. He decided not to play on the playground because there were too many kids so we just walked the trails and admired the trash trucks no one can tell me boys aren't different than girls!

Hi Karen, that above ground pool is the way to go. That way if you tire of it you can easily get rid of it.

Hi Jo, what color blanket are you crocheting? My daughter either crochets or knits a lot, so did my grandmother. I made a pot holder once many years ago, which is as far as I got.

Hi Bernie, I hope you are feeling better. I don't know how you babysit and work your job, that would be too much for me. One or the other... or neither

Enjoy your hump day all.
  #1777   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-17, 13:54

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,
How are you doing today?

I am feeling so much better. Didn't know how bad I was till I started feeling better.
Crazy busy catching up on work!
De... day with DGS sounds fabulous. Yepper I am exhausted already with all three of the grandkiddies! The older two are starting programs next week.
Jo and Karen... hello there and thanks for asking how I was doing.
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1778   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 04:22

BF:

HI guys
busy busy and one more here

luckily sun came out and storms held til later so kids had a great time swimming. that pool entertains so that helps alot

Bernie so glad you are much improved! sorry you have to work so darn hard!!

DE, sounds like a nice day, watching trash trucks!!! yes boys would love that LOL

JO, yea the pool will be sold with the house and I walk away and travel and swim in pools I do not have to take care of in any way...yes part of my retirement hopes HAHA

I tell hubby to think of all the NO maintenance we will have. no pastures, livestock, barns, house, fences, pools etc to maintain. stuff is a noose around our necks now. loved this life but my change into retirement is pure freedom from it all Just got to get there!!

HI ALL
busy busy like crazy like I said. leave sun and this is countdown to getting everything handled and rv final pack and more.

on plan and doing well cause that is what I do now...just do my thing and hold strong

I was off reading some threads etc. and one thing I see ALL the time....that one bite, that one treat, that one event or whatever takes down people like crazy. I know, I was one but every time I read this stuff I realize the ONLY way to succeed is stay on plan 100%. I am not a moderator! Some can but most can't. The amt of posts I read of the struggles makes me realize my struggle is now easier staying on plan than fighting that losing battle of treats/cheats and more. Yes I got tons of meats packed for my trip

everyone have a fine day!
  #1779   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 07:18
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 15 June 2017

Happy Friday Eve, WARRIORS!

Hope everyone is doing well and wishing you a totally terrific Thursday!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“They laugh at me because I’m DIFFERENT; I laugh at them because they are all the SAME! ”
~ unknown

De:
Quote:
Hi Jo, what color blanket are you crocheting? My daughter either crochets or knits a lot, so did my grandmother. I made a pot holder once many years ago, which is as far as I got.
It's multi-colored b/c Imma using up scrapes of yarn. I'll take a picture of it when Imma done and post it!

Berni:
Quote:
I am feeling so much better. Didn't know how bad I was till I started feeling better.
So good to hear that you're doing much better!
Quote:
Crazy busy catching up on work!
I hope you get a chance to take some "Berni" time off to just chil-lax b/c you deserve IT!
Quote:
Jo and Karen... hello there and thanks for asking how I was doing.
You know we worry and that's what friends are for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTpu6BmE88

Karen:
Quote:
JO, yea the pool will be sold with the house and I walk away and travel and swim in pools I do not have to take care of in any way...yes part of my retirement hopes HAHA

I tell hubby to think of all the NO maintenance we will have. no pastures, livestock, barns, house, fences, pools etc to maintain. stuff is a noose around our necks now. loved this life but my change into retirement is pure freedom from it all Just got to get there!!
Excellent retirement plans...is your DH all in?
Quote:
I was off reading some threads etc. and one thing I see ALL the time....that one bite, that one treat, that one event or whatever takes down people like crazy. I know, I was one but every time I read this stuff I realize the ONLY way to succeed is stay on plan 100%. I am not a moderator! Some can but most can't. The amt of posts I read of the struggles makes me realize my struggle is now easier staying on plan than fighting that losing battle of treats/cheats and more.
I too go off and read other threads and I can't agree more with your observations about peeps' struggles to stay on plan and not many peeps make goal and STAY at goal! That's why we've called it TEAM 5%! It really makes me sad to see so many of them struggle...

They just haven't bought into the concept that Being FAT is HARD, losing weight is HARD, maintaining the weight loss is HARD, pick your HARD!

I have a list posted on my friggie when temptations/cravings get scary crazy! So Imma gonna share that:

Pros and Cons of Eating OFF-PLAN

Pros:
1. Can eat whatever I want

Cons:
1. I feel guilty b/c I’ve lost CONTROL of my eating
2. Have to go buy the OFF-PLAN food since I don’t keep any in the house
3. Spend MONEY on food I really shouldn’t be eating.
4. Possible weight gain
7. Have to work to lose the EXTRA lbs if I do gain!
8. Back to yo-yo dieting!
9. Eating OFF-PLAN foods is a very very TEMPORARY FIX & PLEASURE!
10. The anticipation of eating the toxic carb-age is more satisfying than ACTUALLY eating it!

I read the Cons part over and over until I get "Fat Jo's" voice out of my head, I also make sure I go thru all my OP strategies hence the reason I have been able to stay 100% OP every single day. Yeah it's HARD some days, but I've chosen my HARD! I'd rather weigh 114 lbs then 265 lbs any flippin' day of the week!

And I truly believe it's staying 100% OP today and letting tomorrow take care of itself kinda thing! We can only do it one meal at a time, one day at a time!
  #1780   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-17, 08:18
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Wow, where is everybody?

Happy Friday Warriors!

Hope everyone is well and wishing you a fab-tastic Friday as usual! Have a terrific w/e! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Not much to say today so I'll just post this:

“The WORST food decisions are made when you are HUNGRY!”
~ unknown

#1781   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-17, 09:30

BF:

TGIF Everyone!!!!!!!

I actually had a real chillax day yesterday. Yipeeee.

Today I have to get some shopping done. We are low on my LC food. Almost out of dog food too.

I think it's going to be a really hot one today.

Warrior on my friends have a fantastic Friday and wonderful weekend too.
  #1782   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-17, 09:34

BF:

I am just stupid busy here LOL and post time is cut having to load rv, handle the barn/goats for leaving, kids all around swimming and MIL is sick still in that we shop for her still. she is improving but we went to her house and hubby is SO ticked over the years (hoarder situation) and he hit the roof now. SO WE took over the kitchen and cleaned ---and get this---1 small counter and off the floor in front of the counter and filled up the bed of his truck. yes guys it is that way And he said we are going thru the house like hell on wheels and fixing this problem once and for all. thing is MIL was 'kinda ok' with it so that was a monster plus on that one! I guess we deal with horrible for family yea crap that goes down in life with family I guess is what it is!! I never dealt with this since I am such a minimalist type and this opposite life has me baffled for sure. But once and for all the crew will take control now and fix things....we have to

Yea JO, I hear ya on reading that list of 'pick your hard'. Getting to eat anything at any time and getting bigger and bigger and unhealthy is not an option any more. yea we can do it but when we hit that top weight and while growing larger our minds snap a bit as most of us know! My hard has to be stay healthy and vibrant. But the win to that hard is SO MUCH of a prize now

can't wait to see your post on the afghan of many colors

Bernie, yea hope you are getting better. can we start a countdown just yet for retirement for ya LOL I hope we can soon!!

ok off to get junk done here....everyone take care and have a fun day
  #1783   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-17, 09:57

BF:

When we were on vacation I had my 3 year Atkins anniversary. I just realized I passed my 3 years....whoops and cheers!!! life changing for sure!

OMG Karen...yikes on the MIL and all her hoarding. Good thing you guys are getting in there to help clear that mess. Just toss everything and keep tossing!
  #1784   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-17, 14:48

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How are you doing today?

Karen....can't retire yet I get that big bump in pension when I hit 40 years that is 2019. Hoarding situation oh lord glad you getting a hand on it. Minimalist here so my family will not have to
Worry!
De... congrats on three years on this wonderous wol. What a success story you are!

Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1785   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-17, 04:20

BF:

DE, 3 years!! You made fab changes and are holding onto what works for your health. Proud of you!!

yea the hoarding is real. thing is she would 'try to clean' it up but being older now she can't do it. not the extent it is and yea she can be on one of those hoarder shows....but according to hubby since he is drawing the line here, that hoarding will disappear now sooner than later lol

Bernie, yea I remember you saying that....2 more years? oh, I was thinking it was closer than that but funny thing is 2 years will fly by right? Well worth the wait for work to get yourself in a secure financial future!

HI JO!!

HI ALL
nothing much
pool work and barn work today, just hoping the sun comes out. icky and rainy and tstorms around as usual. crazy foggy outside right now

leave tomorrow finally! got golf cart, bikes, kayaks and boogie boards loaded into rv ahh, relax, sun, fun, hike, bike, swim and CHILLAX! seemed like this trip would never come LOL

everyone have a fine day
Closed Thread