Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1726   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-17, 15:26

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Crazy busy finished work and getting ready to leave for Florida tomorrow! DD and family coming with so not driving alone.

Getting on road at 6:30 tomorrow hope to make it to Tennessee by 6:30 pm.
I will check in still fighting this virus now in my nose!
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
Sponsored Links
  #1727   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-17, 03:52

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bernie, holy cow you are driving to Fl? 12 hrs to TN? You poor thing and you feel cruddy on top of that! YOU BE CAREFUL! Hopefully the sun when ya get to FL will knock out the sick in you. Sunshine and nice weather can hopefully cure you

HI ALL
not much here
pool water is giving me a headache still working on it
tree is almost handled. clean up work in progress.
goats are eating the leaves of the tree like crazy, at least they are happy

had my crab legs last night. WOW price went UP to $40.99 per person, all you can eat. It was $31.99. HMMM, this is getting into that 'I am to cheap' to pay this price for this now LOL
I love them but at some point, come on ya know!! Geez price hikes are driving me batty. Not a thing ever goes down LOL, it just goes up and up

everyone have a fine day!
  #1728   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-17, 04:01

BF:

Hello warriors,

Heading to Florida! Tennessee tonight! I am on first leg of drive when we need gas or have to stop then I off duty!
I will check in !
Karen... I hear you on the prices to eat out! I don't do it that much at all. I have packed my food and water for travel,will shop when we get to Florida!

Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1729   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-17, 05:25

BF:

Safe trip Bernie!!!!!!

As usual the warrior in you comes out and you control this trip with your food choices! Live it!!!!!
  #1730   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-17, 07:53
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Talking Friday, 2 June 2017

Wow already June! Where does the time go???

Happy FRIDAY, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Not much happening here at all... Today, Imma gonna work in the front "rock garden".

Gonna redo my "flower" aka cactus pots and plant something where my desert palm died in January due to the hail storm we got... It will be something cactus-y b/c I'll kill anything else...

Ain't gonna lie I have Two BLACK here!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

“If we feed our appetite for carbs, it GROWS.
If we deny this desire, it WANES!”

~ GreekRibs 2 Sept 2016

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, hooray I got the filter part! A cap for the sand filter----$30 for a friggin' 35 cent piece of plastic!!! Ticks me off but when ya gotta have it
Glad your part came in!

at 35 cent piece of plastic...but like you said, you have to have IT!
Quote:
Pool is a mess. Will see in a few days where I stand on getting it up to speed. filtering like crazy now
Hope your enjoying your pool now!
Quote:
No way I can go out to eat and not eat something. I mean I have on some occasions when it was like lunch and just not hungry but when we go 'out to dinner' as a family I gotta have something....so now I think it will be to go not hungry and to be sure to have something small like wings. Good thing is wings are everywhere now I need a better 'eating out' strategy for sure. I will definitely get myself a good plan and one I stick with. Hey a steak joint, no problem but every now and then they want weird crap so I will deal
I totally agree that a good eating strategy before you go out to eat will serve you well!

Nothing like being hungry and then trying to fight off our "FCCs" b/c that never ends well, JMO...
Quote:
You are cool in crowds, and I find myself wanting no crowds ever again in my life I am truly becoming that hermit in all sense of the word almost LOL
Any crowded activity I do on off times all the time, never go anywhere that is in high season. eh another weirdo thing I do HA
I don't think any of us like "crowds" but sometimes that a necessary evil ... just like Berni and her fam going to Disney for her re-certification classes...
Quote:
My pool cover died from sun rot. Took it off in pieces this year either get another or leave pool uncovered thru winter. Ya know either way is kinda ok but uncovered I get way more crap blown into it and takes a bit longer to clean up when opened. Not sure which way I am gonna go this year when I close it. huh
If it ain't one thing, it's something else huh? I totally get the sun rot thingy...happens here too! Pfffffffffffft!
Quote:
simple day. more tree work. It is a monster. We got all the tree on the ground now. Hubby had me driving the tractor to pull in direction and I hate that cause I don't drive the tractor he used. What a pain but all done now...time to cut and clear the yard. a few more days work probably. we got rained out in T storms in the afternoon. big one blew in and tons of rain and wind. omg this needs to stop and soon!!
Just keep your eyes on the prize... your beach vaca coming up in less than 2 weeks...right??? Hope the weather will be spectacular for that!
Quote:
out for crab legs tonight. we shall see if I really do get there LOL
have some pork chops I will eat but if I can hold off til dinner I will wish me luck and will report back if I do get my crab legs or not tonight
Hope you got your crab legs b/c I remember last time you all went, 'they' had changed their policy about when they did "all-u-can-eat" crab legs!
Quote:
had my crab legs last night. WOW price went UP to $40.99 per person, all you can eat. It was $31.99. HMMM, this is getting into that 'I am to cheap' to pay this price for this now LOL
I love them but at some point, come on ya know!! Geez price hikes are driving me batty. Not a thing ever goes down LOL, it just goes up and up
WOW, that's quite a jump up in price! Holy Hannah! Are you the only one that gets the "all-u-can-eat?"

I hear you on rethinking the price...b/c Imma pretty frugal (can you say "CHEAP") too as you well KNOW, especially when it comes to things I buy to eat!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Jo, what are you going to do with yourself for the summer? Hope you get some fun in or a trip to see your girls or something!
I don't have much plan for the summer and Imma starting to get stir-crazy... my girls are busy busy with work and they took off for several weeks to Hawaii earlier in this year to celebrate getting their Bachelor's Degrees...

I do have 4 summer guitar students, so that's something...

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Crazy busy finished work and getting ready to leave for Florida tomorrow! DD and family coming with so not driving alone.
Imma so glad that you are not driving ALONE! How great that your DD and her fam are going with you! Right ON!
Quote:
Getting on road at 6:30 tomorrow hope to make it to Tennessee by 6:30 pm.
I will check in still fighting this virus now in my nose!
Awww sorry to hear that you are still fighting that cold!

Wow 12-hour trip to your one and only stop in Tennessee for the night! Can't wait to hear from you!

Wishing you safe travels to the land of da big Mouse!
  #1731   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-17, 10:11

BF:

troubles

MIL to ER

she has vertigo and called at 6am saying she was on the floor. no telling how long??

hubby helped her and more and we checked on her at 11

she sounds SO off now............hubby just took her to ER
hubby said she was sweating but insisted she was ok and left her all good but after that conversation I had with her a sec ago on the phone, oh hell no, told hubby to get her to ER now.

will report back
  #1732   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-17, 12:08
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
troubles

MIL to ER

she has vertigo and called at 6am saying she was on the floor. no telling how long??

hubby helped her and more and we checked on her at 11

she sounds SO off now............hubby just took her to ER
hubby said she was sweating but insisted she was ok and left her all good but after that conversation I had with her a sec ago on the phone, oh hell no, told hubby to get her to ER now.

will report back
Sorry to hear about your MIL! Hope everything is okay and they can sort her out in the ER...

Yes, please keep us posted...
  #1733   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-17, 20:39

BF:

got an update

gallbladder stones.

now I heard of kidney stones but never heard of these in the gallbladder.

got massive infection running thru her now. on antibiotics and in lower intensive care right now.

surgery (either emergency which they don't think will happen) or wait for surgery when she gets infection under control.

so far she is fairing well........so will get update tomorrow

one of those long days ya know. but she is where she needs to be for good help!
  #1734   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-17, 01:52

BF:

Good morning warriors

I made it to Chattanooga Tennessee!

Got in at about 12 am with time change!

7 hours left of driving to Florida! Who know how long it takes us with grandkiddies!
Karen....Sorry to hear about MIL I will be praying 🙏🙏
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself
  #1735   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-17, 04:38
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday, 3 June 2017

Happy Saturday, WARRIORS!

Wishing all of you a totally spectacular day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Completed the "rock garden" replanting I scheduled for yesterday. Could not find the Ocotillo Plant I wanted to plant there but oh well. So now I have a collection of different cacti that I can enjoy from my kitchen window whilst I wash dishes, etc...

My twin bro called me yesterday and said he was coming out for a week-long visit 1 July sans family!

Asked if it was okay? Told him, oh HELL YEAH!

“It can take up to 3 WEEKS to get back into ketosis after a cheat meal!”
~ Dr. Westman

Karen:
Quote:
got an update

gallbladder stones.

now I heard of kidney stones but never heard of these in the gallbladder.
Yeppers gall stones... had my gallbladder removed b/c of 'em in 1983... BUT I never had the symptoms your MIL experienced...

When I had my 1st attack, I thought I was in labor...funny b/c I had just given birth to my 2nd child several days before... I THOUGHT they had "forgotten" something inside, KWIM? Was scary for sure!

I now have a 12 inch diagonal scar from under left rib cage to right hip that Imma seriously thinking about getting a zipper pull tattoo to finish up the "look".

Gotta remember this was the days before laparoscopy surgery and 2-3 tiny incisions they've been doing for the last 20-25 years to remove the gallbladder...
Quote:
got massive infection running thru her now. on antibiotics and in lower intensive care right now.
Didn't know gall stones would cause a massive infection... but glad that they are fighting it with antibiotics...
Quote:
surgery (either emergency which they don't think will happen) or wait for surgery when she gets infection under control.
Gall stones won't kill ya, but it sure does feel like you are dying when you have an attack! At least that's how it was for me...
Quote:
so far she is fairing well........so will get update tomorrow
Thanks for keeping us updated!
Quote:
one of those long days ya know. but she is where she needs to be for good help!
Yeppers, I know you guys are glad to have rushed her to the ER like you did! B/c there ain't nothing you can do at home to help with gall stones... but then Imma not a doctor nor do I play one on TV!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
I made it to Chattanooga Tennessee!

Got in at about 12 am with time change!
Thanks for stopping in to let us know you arrived safely to Tennessee!

Wow it took you longer to get to Chattanooga than I thought it would... Imma glad you made it safely there no matter how long it took!
Quote:
7 hours left of driving to Florida! Who know how long it takes us with grandkiddies!
I hope it doesn't take you that long to get there...
Quote:
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself
Thanks and you too, dear Berni!
  #1736   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-17, 06:22

BF:

called on MIL
nurse said she is doing well, stable, good and needs 2 days there to get a 'gallbladder manipulation' procedure (who the hell knows what that is ) and then comes home the next day. Then surgery gets scheduled for about a week.

JO, ahh, so you went thru this and at the same time having your kiddo! HOLY OWWwww!

I heard of gallbladder attacks but never heard of stones. I knew the kidney stone but never associated it with gallbladder.

MIL has been having pain for like a friggin' year. ''they'' could never see anything yet she had tests for sure. But Doc said a few stones moved into 'the tube?' and they saw them now.

I guess irritation into the tube caused her to go a little septic they said?

heck I don't know LOL but I think all will be fine with good care now. plus like old days ya got sliced and diced like you but now it is just that baby cut and done. So I think all should be fine

Bernie........omg you poor thing. SO much time on the road!! We are so used to road travel but then again I am always pulling my home behind me LOL

You have fun!!!!

HI ALL
so usual day
pool water ever so slightly clearing finally. way to go but I think I got control without empty and refill (shoot me ya know on that one).
gotta mow the world as usual. kiddo will help

everyone have a fine day!!!
  #1737   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-17, 06:52
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
called on MIL
nurse said she is doing well, stable, good and needs 2 days there to get a 'gallbladder manipulation' procedure (who the hell knows what that is ) and then comes home the next day. Then surgery gets scheduled for about a week.
So good to hear that your MIL is doing well!

Gallbladder surgery these days is a piece a cake compared to what they did when I got mine done... almost barbaric back in the day, but heck it 'cured' what ailed me, so I guess I can't and won't complain!

I tried Googling "gallbladder manipulation procedure" and got nada! You'll have to let us know exactly what that means... things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmm for reals!
Quote:
JO, ahh, so you went thru this and at the same time having your kiddo! HOLY OWWwww!
Yeah, I had surgery 2 weeks after she was born, was in the hospital for a week, then no lifting anything heavier than the baby for 6 weeks after... remember this was major surgery back then... almost like a c-section, cutting stomach muscle etc...

Edited to Add:
I had "morning sickness" every single day with that one... come to find out, nausea and vomiting are some of the symptoms of gallbladder disease!

Heck, I just chalked it up as symptoms of being pregnant!

BTW: This constant "morning sickness" did not affect my baby... she weighed in a tad under 9 lbs!
Quote:
I heard of gallbladder attacks but never heard of stones. I knew the kidney stone but never associated it with gallbladder.
That's where one gets the pains from, from what I've been told, the gallbladder kinda squeezes and the stones are what causes the pain...
Quote:
MIL has been having pain for like a friggin' year. ''they'' could never see anything yet she had tests for sure. But Doc said a few stones moved into 'the tube?' and they saw them now.

I guess irritation into the tube caused her to go a little septic they said?
That makes sense about her getting a little septic... I remember having to do several bouts of ultra sound for them to see the stones...
Quote:
heck I don't know LOL but I think all will be fine with good care now. plus like old days ya got sliced and diced like you but now it is just that baby cut and done. So I think all should be fine
EXACTLY, less evasive, less chance of infection and almost "out patient" kinda thing if I understand. Here's a great article from WebMD about the entire procedure, etc:

Gallbladder Surgery
Quote:
pool water ever so slightly clearing finally. way to go but I think I got control without empty and refill (shoot me ya know on that one).
gotta mow the world as usual. kiddo will help
So when do you think you'll be able to get in your pool? Today maybe??

Cool that you got the kiddo helping you mow! She loves driving the tractor doesn't she??

Edited to Add:
Imma mowing my postage-size backyard this morning too...so I'll be thinking of you whilst I do!
Quote:
everyone have a fine day!!!
Thanks and you too!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sat, Jun-03-17 at 07:07. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #1738   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-17, 10:45

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Morning all,

Bernie, glad your trip is going okay. I bet it does add time with kids along. That's a long drive!

Karen, I hope your MIL is doing well. I had my gallbladder out in 2011 when a huge stone got stuck. I ended up getting jaundice and then had surgery about 10 days later. Surgery went well. Most people get through the surgery just fine, but it can be serious.

Hi Jo, I have my granddaughter with me today, so guess the yard will have to wait for tomorrow.

Everyone have a great weekend.
  #1739   ^
Old Sun, Jun-04-17, 08:35
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 4 June 2017

Wow pretty quiet in here...

Happy Day, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“One of the biggest things that people have to get over is the SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS of being on a diet.

When you go out for dinner or around to a friend’s house, DON’T APOLOGIZE for not being able to eat certain things.

And you know what? Your real friends will be 100 per cent behind you, because they RECOGNIZE WHY YOU’RE DOING IT.”

~ Tom Kerridge

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hi Jo, I have my granddaughter with me today, so guess the yard will have to wait for tomorrow.
I know you had fun with your GD! Don't work too hard in the yard... it's a 'thankless' job but a necessity for sure!

Quote:
Everyone have a great weekend.
Thanks and you too!
  #1740   ^
Old Sun, Jun-04-17, 16:27

BF:

Hello warriors,

We got in late last night! It was storming most of the day so lots of delays and accidents!
I slept in today and just been chilling today.
The family hits the parks tomorrow I hit class!
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
Closed Thread