Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 20:55

Plan: my own??
Stats: 155/155/130 Female 5'7
BF:25/20/16
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Got frustrated and CAVED HELP!

HI everyone

I've been on atkins for 3 weeks now..but caved in today. I lost an initial 6 pounds in my first two weeks. But in my third week I gained 2 pounds. Why the gain when i have been very strict on the program???

I got really frustrated and discouraged and caved in and ate off the program. Why did that happen? Do you all eat less addded fats after induction is over? do you eat less after induction is done with? I excercise , and drink tons of water. I got frustrated with the gain and today I caved in. What should I do now? Go back and do induction again? I know that I have gained back 4 pounds after the initial loss. I also got somewhat bored eating meat, and eggs most days. How do I get more creative? Should I count calories? ANY advice would be helpful

Piera
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 21:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Hi Piera ....deep breaths

it is perfectly normal to have fluctuations in your weight, especially after induction when you body settles into its new way of eating.

It is also not possible for you to have gained 4lbs of fat from your one day off plan unless you ate in excess of 3500 calories. It will most likely be water retention

Just go back on plan, and keep off the darn scales...they lie anyway

Try to keep to weighing about once a week that way natural fluctations will smooth out more. Plus take your measurements, becasue often you will shrink without seeing any movement on the scale.

This WOE is for the long haul and you will see minor bumps up on the scale on the way...it's normal. The key thing is that over time the trend is down down down!!

Good luck

Lesley
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 16:46
Registered Member

Stats: 260/226/140
BF:
Progress: 28%

I had the same problem when I first came off Induction...my weight would go up a couple pounds, then down a couple. I was driving myself crazy! I resolved to only weigh myself once a week. (I don't even have a scale in my house...I only use the one at the health club.) I'm much better now. I just see the steady loss every week.

As for the boredom, it will get better now that you're off Induction. I would recommend picking up Fran McCullough's Low-Carb Cookbook. I just love it. There are a bunch of good recipes and she's got great tips about the low-carb WOL in general.

Don't worry...one day off won't kill you. The important thing is to get back on the horse. You're doing great! Keep it up.

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 12:16
Registered Member

Stats: 190.8/183.2/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

I am 18 days into the program and my first 2 weeks i was happy i lost 5.5 pounds. Now i am almost finished with my third week and have not any more weight loss. I only fluctuate. I am a bit frustrated too but I know I have to hang in there because I will regret it if I don't. Just think, it is better to lose something in (whatever time frame) or stay the same, then to go off and waste all the hard work put in and gain it all back. As long as I am not hungry I can hang in there and that is the beauty of the diet. You can eat until you a full. I have been on calorie diets and the weight comes off at the expense of being hungry all the time! Who can stick to that for months? Not me. Anyway the others are right. Fluctuations on the scale are natural because it is not fat weight but only water. Hang in there. You will not regret it.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 14:05
Registered Member

Stats: 190.8/183.2/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default New thread

I forgot how to start a new thread I am kinda new at this site. Also does anybody now how to use fit day. I hear about this alot.