Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277/227/170 Female 5'11
BF:37.2
Progress: 47%
Default Bad Bad Girl!

Oh ya'll. I have been awful! I am feeling terrible. I just went to a restaurant and had salad w/ macaroni pasta, chicken and dressing, potatoes, black eyed peas, cornbread........and to top it off..........CARROT CAKE!!!!!!!!

Oh please someone...I need words of encouragement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:21
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You have lost around 30 pounds it looks like. One slip up is not going to undo all that. If you feel a need for catharsis (sp) then go back on strict induction for a week to clean out your system. Other wise just dust yourself off, convince yourself it didn't taste good enough to make it worth it and go back on plan
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:26

Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%

Thats what they call a blowout!!
Just stop eating that stuff as of this moment, dont beat yourself up-
Get ahold of yourself and check out the Atkins site:
http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/26-460846.html

Was there a precipitating event???
Lots of weight loss is so much more mental than anything else. I think far too little is said about how emotions and our mind had us put this weight on. I was really in a bad way when I gained and finally got to feeling better since I started. I was ready to take care of my needs and the plan was a way to care about myself.
Realize you are not alone. And see what the Dr has to say at the above URL
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:31
Registered Member

Stats: 265/265/200 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I did the same thing this weekend. I messed up three times. I purposely went off on Sat. and Mon. but Wed. was a real mess up :-(

But I got right back on my Atkins horse and am riding high!

It's OK - it happens. You can get right back into ketosis (if you are out - I ended up in Trace) and you can continue. You can do it!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:31

thanks ! Emotions are a big part of my weight both gaining and losing. I am a very emotional eater. I know what led me to this point. I went out w/ an old co worker and we had drinks last night. Well needless to say I am feeling awful and I felt since I felt so bad why not just go all the way out.

But I think what I need to realize is that like Ladybelle said..Okay so I went way out one day what about the other 6 months I have been w/ in program and doing what I needed to do to become a better person.

Thanks so much for the article..I needed that! It feels so good to have support. I do not think I could do this alone!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 227/227/150 Female 5 5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default carrot cake..

It must have been a carrot cake weekend because I had a piece on Saturday too......it was really good.....but I did realize that I didn't feel as good mentally about it....as long as you get back on track...we can't go back just start over...
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:34

Plan: Atkins/South Beach/Sugar Busters
Stats: 153.5/147.5/140
BF:
Progress: 44%

I think the first question would be: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

You need to realize you're asking for support and encouragement from people here that haven't had that kind of food in quite some time. Carrot cake is by far my favorite and I have to say, I'm personally a little taken back that you'd eat my favorite thing, then come and ask for support and encouragement.

Do you have any idea how many times I've sat across from my boyfriend in a mexican restaurant (a fave) and watched him have chips, salsa and queso (my weakness for sure) and HAVE NONE?

You need to figure realize, this is something that you have to do for YOU. None of us can do it for you. Look hard and deep within yourself and figure out whether you're happy with you and how you appear to yourself. If you are, you're probably wasting your time here but if you're not, you need to do some soul searching to try to figure out why you have a self-destructive nature that is preventing you from having something that you want and that you deserve.

With that -- I'll climb back off my soap box. Best of luck.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:54

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi!

Just keep going... going... going....

You are doing great.... You are 30 pounds in the right direction....

Take care,
M-
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 14:08

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Yeah, latoit. What were you thinking??? I got queasy reading your menu

I am currently seeing a counselor to get down to the heart of why I use food for comfort. I think a lot of us do that. And then we punish ourselves even more when we feel like we have failed. I hope that you can get a handle on not turning to food when you feel bad.

Just get back on the wagon with us. (Here's a hand up )

BTW, losing weight will not make you a better person. You are already great!!!!! It will however make you a healthier person.

Take care!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 14:21

Quote:
Originally posted by ch1angel
I think the first question would be: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

You need to realize you're asking for support and encouragement from people here that haven't had that kind of food in quite some time. Carrot cake is by far my favorite and I have to say, I'm personally a little taken back that you'd eat my favorite thing, then come and ask for support and encouragement.

Do you have any idea how many times I've sat across from my boyfriend in a mexican restaurant (a fave) and watched him have chips, salsa and queso (my weakness for sure) and HAVE NONE?

You need to figure realize, this is something that you have to do for YOU. None of us can do it for you. Look hard and deep within yourself and figure out whether you're happy with you and how you appear to yourself. If you are, you're probably wasting your time here but if you're not, you need to do some soul searching to try to figure out why you have a self-destructive nature that is preventing you from having something that you want and that you deserve.

With that -- I'll climb back off my soap box. Best of luck.

First..thanks for responding.

Second..that is what these message boards are for. They are for knowledge, support, encouragement, and anything else that people happen to find while on this board.

Third..if you notice my stats...I realized a long time ago this is something I have to do for me. But what I also realized is that there are people who are just like me who do falter and slip and they look to other people to encourage them.

Fourth...what I am happy with is how far I come.

Fifth..I did my soul searching when I realized I was 277 lbs and could not stand for more than 5 minutes with back pain and headaches and dizziness.

Sixth..and even if I was not happy maybe THIS IS THE EXACT PLACE.. I need to come to see that I am not alone

Seventh...the only thing that is self-destructive is for you to pretend that you are DR. Phil and tell me that I have a self-destructive nature. Nope I had a moment in where carbs where not a bad thing for me. If I had a self-destructive nature, I do not think I would have made it thus far.

With that...I will help you down off your soap box.

Best of luck to you to..

P.S. IF you ever have a moment like I did, trust me when I tell you I will not respond by saying you have a self-destructive nature.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 14:26

Thanks LCBarbara!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 14:27

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Note to self:

Do not make knee jerk diagnosis of other posters. They may open a can of 'well said' whoopass on you.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 14:30

Stats: 157/147/125
BF:
Progress: 31%

latoit -

good for you for standing up for yourself in such an affirming way. So you had a binge - it's not the end of the world, you know why you did it, you've already accomplished a great deal. Feel proud of yourself for what you've done, get back on that Atkins horse and don't beat yourself up about it.

take care
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 14:35

Thanks so much to you marguerite and Miss Melis!!!! I think that is what is wrong now. People please realize that we are all in this for one common cause! That is why we come here for support and guidance and for help!

You know I think of all the time I "felt" that we failed in some way or another and my parents were right there to say that hey you did not fail you just faltered a little. I liked knowing that I had support and joining this board I realized that there are so many people who are ready to give support and who need support!

With that said, just think about what you are writing before you hit the "submit reply" button!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 14:46

Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%

I'm glad the Atkins info helped!!

You can see that it is motivational.
And that he says to get back to induction!!!!
Which means-and I personally believe it is important during all weight loss phases-stay off the booze !!!
It can cause you to binge whilst you are drinking and I guess it can cause you to drink during the next day hangover.
And the second thing I see in the Atkins info is not to exercise-but to have an EXERCISE ROUTINE which means that no matter what mistakes you make along the way you have a weight loss routine that you stick with
And talk about an emotional uplift-exercise makes me feel 'high' for a good number of hours. It will get you there too. It isnt just exercise it is making the exercise a WOL without it you are not doing Atkins.
A routine is something you do like brushing your teeth-when you miss a day you really notice it. Exercise can be just walking around. That will get you the emotional lift to replace the food's emotional lift and guide your loss and most importantly the maintainence of the loss.
Good luck