Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-10, 06:51
Registered Member

Plan: Anabolic Diet
Stats: 219/186/182 Male 195
BF:
Progress:
Default Wow and it takes me this long to think of a decent heading.

And I still fail miserably. Such is life.

I am male, 42, 6ft 4 and 185lbs. I have been a low carber for a couple of years now. I use my diet to control my weight and I use exercise to create the shape i want to have. I am pretty lean.

I have read quite a bit on the subject and have I feel a good understanding. I also understand that carbohydrates are essential for muscular growth and so tend towards a variation on the anabolic diet which is essentially 5 or 6 days of very low carbs followed a by a single or two day car binge to replenish stocks. This doesn't affect me in any detrimental way although in truth I am not a huge carb fan so I often cruise through without doing that.

I tend to eat sparsely through the day having shakes with an egg, 400 ml of unsweetened soya milk and some sugar free jelly mix for flavouring all mixed together. The evening is meat, eggs etc. I enjoy beetroot and cheese and some onion too.

I take multi-vitamins and multi-minerals each day to keep the balance right. My weekly carb day might simply be fish and chips and some pastries or a meal out with friends where I have pasta etc plus some decent wine.

My exercise consists of free weight work to maximise muscle retention and growth although I am not a muscular guy, more athletically slim would be my description.

I think that pretty much sums that up.

Nice to meet you.
Sponsored Links