Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#901   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 18:10

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Evening check-in.

Jaz....you had a good, productive day! Sorry about the condo bait & switch...the dirty rats! The perfect place will come your way...no doubt.

Well girls, I have done it. I signed up for the 10k in Edinburgh Scotland in May! Good grief! I am excited, scared, nervous..you name it! I just decided I was not going to go all that way and just be a spectator! I want the medal, darn it! So....my fitness quest for 2018 starts on Monday morning bright and early when I head to boot camp. My plan is to do boot camp Monday, Wednesday & Friday and my running training Tuesday, Thursday and either Saturday or Sunday. I have downloaded a 10k running program on my phone and will start that by February 1. I will spend the next few weeks just getting used to walking again. Guess I'd better dust off the treadmill as I'll need it until the weather starts to improve. Wish me luck!

Nic...the Matcha I love is from Perfect Keto. It is powdered MCT oil with matcha flavoring and stevia. It is yummy.

Ok gals.....have a great night!
Sponsored Links
  #902   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 19:02

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Interesting that you and I and Lori all suffered some sleep deprivation as we get back on plan. Had NO problems last night, slept like a log.

In answer to your question, Hubby is going to Panama for 10 days to visit some good friends who winter there. His brother brought him the ticket for Xmas, because he didn't want to go alone. (And it certainly wasn't in our present budget.) Very generous, so even though I've got a bit of grrrrrrrrrrrrrr in me that I'm not going too, I'm happy for the hubs. He'll have a great time w/our pals and his brother. Yeah, I think this is the longest we've ever been separated, although he often takes shorter trips to see friends, which is nice for both of us. But this long one is probably going to bug me a bit. Already trying to make some plans w/pals for that time, and just hope we don't get snowed/iced/frozen in. Which will make that grrrrrrrrrrrrr louder.

Trigger---That crock pot roast you make sounds so yummy, w/the gravy making it particularly call to me.

Hey, note to all. I'm surprised how many of you use garlic powder instead of real fresh cloves, minced. No comparison Imo, and easy with garlic meshes. I've gotten to the point where I can't even do the powder, tastes so processed to me. We also use real onions, always, but I can understand leaving those out due to carbs if your ZC or close to it. For me real onions will always be part of my woe, but I do count 'em in my daily goal. Anywho, don't mean to sound food snobby, but seriously, real garlic is the bomb.

Another fun thing---roasting an entire bulb of garlic. The garlic comes out creamy and roasty tasting, sweeter than raw. Most people would put it on a baguette, but of course not us. We put it on grilled steaks and burgers. A-mazing.

Jaz---Bummer, on the properties you went to see, but it's a learning curve--- figuring out from a site whether a place is worth a go see or not. Didn't get a chance to mention to you while on Vacay, but like Nic I really liked that Knotsbury (SP?) property from your original list. Is that one gone? That seemed so open and airy, plus fireplace!, to me, and totally turn key.

I love that you're going back to school. I think this will help you enormously, even if you don't get the degree till you're 55. That's at least 10 years to use that degree, and I think in the ever growing health industry you won't face the ageism other industries present. Plus, it's like the ultimate project. So challenging and potentially so rewarding---will make you feel like you're moving forward, and your will be!

Lori---Bravo for you on the Scottish 10K!!! Now that is an aggressive move for the new year, but I think a great one for you. I've sensed a bit of restlessness in you since you've not been in your usually incredible physical routines. I think this is going to pep you up---after the initial rocket burn of getting back in there.

K-mom---Hope you had a cozy day indoors today in our neck of the woods.
Not that cold per temp, but just kind of super chilly, some damp in there I think.

The bit coin thing is interesting, will look forward to hearing what you learn.

Water: 3/3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy, that protein powder is working it's magic. Two shakes today and I could hardly finish my small LC dinner. I wonder if I'm over doing it. Lori how much protein powder do you use in a large glass shake? I'm doing 1 TBS. Shake newbie here, don't want to get too much protein daily.

I too had a bit of stomach distress today, but think it's the result of my system catching up w/vacation. I always get somewhat plugged up when I travel. Takes a few days to balance itself out.

3rd day on plan, signed sealed and delivered. Boy, this sure is easier when it's not the social swirl of the holidays, or eating out in SF. Nothing tempting here to eat here and any craving would have to fight with going out to get it. No cravings though. Wondered if after a longer time off plan it would be harder to get back on. But no. Thankful for that---the rewards make themselves pretty obvious pretty quickly.
  #903   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 06:00

BF:

Good Morning!

I guess my cat is getting me ready for early morning boot camp days....she got me up at 4:30 this morning. I knew it was WAY cold and didn't want to get up....temps below zero again this morning. I think tomorrow morning is to be a bit warmer..12!!

Blue...I use a full scoop of protein powder in about 12 oz. of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I actually have not had one of my shakes for quite a while. I need to get some almond milk today at the market. Since I'm going to severely ramp up my exercise, the protein shake will be a good supplement. Good grief....I can only imagine how sore I'm going to be for the next couple weeks.

I'll be back later to check on you all. I'm not venturing out until this afternoon....hope my car will start. I haven't been out of the house since Thursday morning when I got home from my aborted trip to my sister's. I truly am a nester....I love being at home.
  #904   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 06:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, yea driving rules are so changed since I got a license
SO many restrictions. Hubby laughs cause heck at 13 he drove a big old dump truck to the feed store and he was driving all over the place at 15....yea, never got caught either LOL So different in the older days!

A balmy 10 degrees gosh I hear ya.

Jazz, yea we have the chuck steak here also. All that cut is are slices from the bigger roast. I guess your store isn't stocking the big roast and are slicing it into the chuck steaks. Same thing, just thinner cut so cook time would be way down. Pork tastes like beef? omg fire the guy in the meat dept!!

You will find the right home...just keep on looking and boom, one day it will be right in front of you and jump on it quick. 1-1.5 drive time each way? Holy crap, no way! Life is way to short to be that long of a drive to work!!

Blue, sorry, I wrote garlic powder but I use minced dried garlic. Bigger chunks. But yea I don't bother with fresh anything anymore. Usually end up throwing it out. Last jar of minced fresh garlic I used like 2 tblsp and into the trash it went after sitting forever in the fridge. Taste is way better like ya said but not a usable item for me ever.

Sounds like you are on a great routine now! More power to ya!!

Lori, holy cow. a 10k in Scotland in May!! You take the travel award in this thread my friend!!! A 10k is rough enough at home but you are doing it in another country, just WOW on that LOL

Holy moly you got a tough routine to train. I have to say more power to you also!!

You are truly a nester? with a giant side of traveling adventurer in ya!!

Hey all
cold as crazy here..omg
just hate it to the max!

did NOT get on the treadmill. I walked up to it tho. Looked at it and said NAH! omg I hate that thing truly.

Day 3...will I get on the damn thing today? No idea but I should

Have to run and get a bag of alfalfa cubes for the goats.
Might try to take kiddo and see if she wants to shop for some tops or something in the nearby stores for a few things. She keeps saying she wants some new tops but won't go to the store for them, so this might be the chance to drag her out and get that over. I don't buy for her anymore. She never likes 1 thing I bring home so now it is up to her to get her own things.

today is ribs. lunch thinking just tuna cause I got the no hungry mode thing happening now which I love.

I buy St Louis style ribs now. The WAY bigger untrimmed pack from the trimmed up baby back. Tons more meat at a cheaper price. Oh yea you can't go wrong on that. Slab is huge. I cut into packages and freeze. Got a nice pack defrosted with 2 big slab chunks of ribs and going into oven around 12-1 and eat up in fine fashion. I love my ribs to the max.

dinner for family, BBQ chicken breast...yea they can eat that I get the ribs, no one here is eating ribs like they used to and that is fine, more for me!

nothing much more, kinda boring whatever day

have fun today everyone!!
  #905   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 08:19

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

TRIG- I SOOOOOOOO wanted to fire the meat guy. I looked at him like he grew a third eyeball when he said pork tastes like beef?
Well I picked up the "chuck steaks" anyway. Figured I would cut them into chucks like you said and dump the gravy in. I DO have FRESH garlic to put in. Every now and again I come through on that one!!!! I tend to get garlic lazy sometimes I will admit. HAHAHAH

I love ribs as well and the grocery didn't have ANY yesterday! Not a single pack. NOT one- I even had the meat man check in the back. But then again it was the same meat man!!! ROFL!!!!!
Then by the time I got outta there I was to cold to go anywhere but back home.

I have to venture out this morning on a quick errand- I might drop by the other grocery to see if they have ribs. But I have the fixings for the pot roast. That should last me a couple days at least as I picked up 2 packages. I am going to drop a carrot and celery in it as well for flavor. My Bella will gulp down the carrot! She loves them. I use them for flavor but not a fan to eat them. To carby anyway.

BLUE- I am so glad those shakes working for you and you got right back on that horse! Nothing feels worse than bloat and tight clothes. Nothing!
What does your week look like? Are you sleeping any better?

Oh to answer your question regarding that property Knotsbury! Boy howdy - talk about a picture that made a dump look amazing! That was the one where the ceiling was failing in! But it looked great in the picture! I am still on the hunt!
Are you looking ? You made mention that you are thinking about it? Have to come to any conclusion? Just curious. Funny though our budgets are similar. Yet Leeann- same the same money in her area of the county wouldn't buy anything.
That is true! I know that in Ohio 150'000 could buy a 3 bed/2 bath beautiful home in the burbs. Here- it would get you the getto, if even.

I was watching house hunters. They were looking for a "walk up" in Queens. The houses were DUMPS! I mean just ugly and wires, and concrete- and 500,000 for a tiny place. Crazy! I am sorta addicted to HGTV! And Netflix! Still on Person of Interest.
I hope you have a great week! Are you familiar with APA style of writing?

Leeann- Oh I so remember when my kids started driving. It's a real nail biter! I still worry when I know they travel across country!
I am watching the weather channel on the snow up east. Did you finally get some snow?
I got ya on the warm house! We on this thread are very blessed. We all have "stuff"- but we all make it.

Are you doing your MOW anymore? Any new clients on your route? Is there a wait list in your area? There is here! Ga doesn't seem to have the resources for our seniors other states seem to have. Just an observation.

KMOM- Are you still eating soup? I am going to not only make my pot roast but a big ol pot of LC chili for the week! That way I won't need to cook the rest of the week!
How are you doing other wise? Are you working out now?
WATER= Sat was a GOOD day for me! 6/5. I have been buying Pelligrino - I just love that water! That and the Evain - too good. Sorta $$$$ But I do drink it.

Lori- I forgot about your Scotland trip! YAY for you. What a way to put a fire under your butt to train. When you do it you do it BIG TIME!!!! OMG! Your weight will FALL off! No worries with you. I need to jump on your band wagon for sure. How many years have I been saying that??????
I can't wait to hear all about your training. Please share! Are you working this week?
--------------------------------------------------
My life as I know it has come to a halt! I was reading again this binder of expectations for school and again sorta panicked. I choose this program because they advertise it as flexible for working adults with a life.
I will do one course and see it through!!!!

I am feeling really good! Bloat GONE, tummy flat, scales the same. I am not letting a number get to me. I feel really good. I know what I am doing is good for me and my body. I do need to pick it up with some walking- yes, that is a given!

OH TRIG- 60's coming your way by Wed. OH YEA!!!! I can't wait! This cold- I am over it in a big way.

Yup- pot roast and chili for the week. I don't use beans. Basically 2 different kinds of meat- broth, and onion, and crushed tomatoes.
I am done with the shakes for a minute as it bothered my tummy. Too bad because I just bought a huge tub of it.
I think now and again would be ok- not everyday!

I am thinking about going to the movies later. I wanted to see the latest Star Wars movie. Or murder on the orient express. I got a gift cert. a year ago and have never used it!

Ok gals gotta start my day so I can play later!
  #906   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 09:02

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz dump the big old tub of powder in the garbage and eat real food us zero carb type eaters (who must be very low carb to feel good) do not need that stuff ever Just saying cause you sound SO like me in that carby, other weirdo food concotions etc are not your body's thing. Even dairy messes with ya so just think what 'crap in a big old container' is gonna do to ya LOL

I made taco the other day for family and I ate a few spoonfuls of the meat. It is OK now but not a thrill anymore cause it ain't over big old Doritos Scoops with melted cheese! Taste was great but it only took a few spoonfuls to make me happy on that taste. Same with chili. I only need some taste and done deal on it.

Get yourself some pork chops and throw the chili spice over the chop....omg way more satisfying food and you get 'the taste you want' at the same time.

I am putting alot of taste over my meats....in that it is the 'taste' I want and I can 'taste up' any meat I want. Of course we know chicken is fab for throwing on taste.

Your chili sounds good tho....remember chili dogs I eat maybe 6 hotdogs a year LOL but when I do it is with chili for sure. (no beans) When we RV I put 3 hot dogs on the grill, get myself maybe like 1/2 cup no bean chili and I dip them and love it...then I finish off the chili and HUGE satisfying meal....if I ate just 3 dogs I would be wanting more food but the chili taste on those dogs is what puts it over the top.

hey we make it work any way we can LOL

I love spicy spicy mustard ONLY on hotdogs but when I dip 3 dogs in my mustard I am NOT satisfied at all as a meal...every time I ate it, so I ditched the mustard and went with the chili and yes it worked as a 'happy meal' for Karen--one that holds me in good form. HAHA

Yea, location costs are crazy.
Where we lived in CT we built for like $200K and when we moved behind us the tobacco fields were developed and homes starting in the 600s....omg, in truth, how in the hell do people afford this crap? Both must work like monsters their whole lives to afford to live in very high location priced areas...not me, I can live anywhere cheap and on a penny oh yea my kind of living actually lol
  #907   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 12:07

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Wednesday: Jaz 5/5, Blue 2/3, KMom 4/5
Thursday: Jaz 5/5, Blue _/3, KMom 4/5
Friday: Jaz 6/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 5/5
Saturday: Jaz _/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 4/5
  #908   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 12:39

BF:
Progress:

Hi all!

Planned to post last night, but we had a lot of excitement here in the neighborhood. A fire in a house two doors down from me. We literally had 15 or more emergency vehicles! All for a small fire? Not. It is a drug house. There was an overdose there about six months ago. I think they were thinking there might be a drug lab of some kind. Had emergency vehicles from nearby cities also. One was parked in MY driveway. At one time, there were nine firemen in the street right by my yard. Not sure what happened. They stayed quite a while. So I was kind of wired after that.

Jaz:
Sorry about the houses. Dang! That irks me that they put on pictures that cover up for how the house really looks! The search continues.

Yes, I am still eating my soup. It is getting more delicious each time I eat it! I had a problem last night being I was hungry and with all the excitement I ate additional stuff. Good news is that it was low carb! Couldn't find one high carb thing in the house!!! I like the roast idea from Trig and I like the idea of making chili with the leftovers. I need to right this down so I don't forget it!

So good to hear Ava continues to thrive and that your DD got to sleep though the night. Sleep helps so much!

Trig:
Do you like a particular kind of gravy? I might need to find a low salt one? Also, what size can is it? I really like how you said you get your "taste" by "tasting up" any meat. That is a profound statement, I think!

"I got now hungry mode thing happening now" - another statement that I loved. That is kind of happening to me now too. So thankful for that.

Blue:
Thanks for the "strong" suggestion that we all use fresh garlic. That is one thing in life I have not done with consistency. I am not sure why. But now with your encouragement, I plan to do it more!

Feels amazing out today! I read last night something that just cracked me up. Can't remember the wording for sure, but it was in regards to the weather that is happening in the east and how Northerners are always saying that is nothing compared to what happens here. Anyway...the writer ended it with saying to us Northerners, "Just shut up!" It was said in a funny way. I did not do it justice. It just reminded me not to say anything when people are experiencing what to us seems common. And yet I know it is so different for them. I need to respect that what they are experiencing seems major to them! And it is!

I am all over this Cryptocurrency. There are lots of ICO's coming out in 2018. The ICO (initial coin offering) gives you a chance to be in one of these startups at the initial phase. I am just having fun and investing very little! Hard to know if this is where it is all going in the future. Lots of different opinions. I definitely don't want to recommend to it anyone. Also, you can only invest the amount of money you are willing to lose. Most of these startups with not make it. But maybe one of two will. Again, SO INTERESTING and FUN!

Me:
Still chugging. Feeling CapD for the first time in quite a while. Hopefully, new treadmill comes tomorrow. They need to take out the old one first and return it to Dick's before Dick's will send out a new one. Makes sense.

Back has been a little bad. I am doing these stretch exercises in the morning that I absolutely love! It is only about five minutes or less and the guy is great! But I did one stretch where you hold on to a chair and push your hips back up. It is suppose to stretch your torso. Well, I felt something pop. Not good. Walking awkward now and feel much better if I am lying down. Hopefully, it will be better soon.

Doing those stretches everyday, arm curls with five pound weights, arm exercise with a five minute video, three kinds of knee exercises, K's , stomach tightening exercises, and walking (but not for the last couple of days because of back). I have my little chart with boxes I check off everyday. I love charts with boxes!

K-Mom 10x4
Lori and Nic in a different post.
  #909   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 12:46

BF:

Trig- I eat Chili dogs just about EVERYTIME I make Chili. I get the nitrate and uncured dogs. They are healthy or so I tell myself! I like them because they are filling. I liked them heated up in a pan- and then dump some chili on them. I ALWAYS have some on hand. I have also found that on those rare occasions that I get hungry after my "kitchen has closed"- if I cook up a hot dog- with the stone ground cracked mustard that will hit the spot.

I also like the uncured smoked sausage "ring". I like that with mustard on it too- and sometimes I dump chili in it too! I am not big into "deli" meats. But I do splurge with these- but I am careful about it to lose the nitrates and I certainly don't eat them maybe one maybe twice every couple weeks. I open the pack/ then freeze what I don't eat. They freeze well BTW!

OMG I am a happy camper. Chili is cooling on the stove and my pot roast is happlly doing it's thing. I added fresh garlic and added the brown gravy. the smell is amazing in this apt. I walked outside to take the pooch for a walk and I could smell it all the way to the curb. OMG- mouth watering.

AND AND AND......... I am making deviled eggs to keep in the fridge to pull out and snack.
OH AND AND AND .......... Guess who found me a rack of ribs! Yes Ma'am!!
I will save those until about Thursday when I get tired of chili and pot roast. But I was told that pork tastes like beef so what the hell!!!! ROFL

Sunny and finally 40 here!!!!!!! Heat wave. I will take Miss Bella out in about an hour. I want it a tad warmer!

I now have a dilemma- Pot roast vs. Chili. I am thinking tomorrow is a game day here BIG time! So it will be Chili tomorrow! Falcons vs Alabama.
These are the times though I miss cheese. Loved cheese and sour cream in my chili.

But I DID not give in this time. I want a good feeling belly. But YAY on you all that can have it!

TRIG- FOR goodness sake girl- get on that treadmill!!!!!! Or I will give ya my address and you can ship it here!!!! - just do 10 minutes and turn your music up real loud.

I will do ten minutes too- just so I am not the hypocrite! OUT IN THE COLD-

Speaking of tomorrows game. Atlanta is SO pumped about this game. First it is in the new stadium and second well we made it to the bowl game against the arch rival.
SO ..... in light of all this. The radio station I listen to made a public announcement: "In the interest of the sensitivity of the up coming game. We will no longer be playing SWEET HOME ALABAMA, until we whip their butts"- this has been a public announcement! I almost peed my pants when I heard that- It was SO funny! I guess I might have to watch for a few hours tomorrow- eating my chili!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Jan-07-18 at 12:53.
  #910   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 12:47

BF:
Progress:

"I got the no hungry mode thing happening now, which I love."

That is what I meant to write. Love it, Trig!
  #911   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 12:55

BF:

KMOM- Sat water- 6/5- thought I put it in post- all good!
  #912   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 13:02

BF:
Progress:

Nic:
Did you see the Greatest Showman today? Funny, I thought it was the Greatest Snowman for the longest time. But now I just noticed you said it was the Last Showman, so now I am all confused!

Were the goggles you saw at Costco ski goggles or swim goggles? I need to get a ton of swim goggles for my family for the cruise. Some of my kids do not make much money and I am going to help out with things like goggles for their families. Also, need water shoes as I am told the beach at Cozumel has some shells and other things that are hard on the feet. I guess I never thought about them needing goggles until I read where the pool was salt water!

"Spanky pants" .... did you make that up?

I did not know your DH was eating LC, or if you told us before, I forgot. I loved when you said he is doing it, but whining!

I also am thankful for a warm house and warm car. Sometimes when i go someplace, I literally say out loud (I thank the Lord) for the warm house I am about to go in. I never want to take that for granted.

Lori:
You go girl! Love how you just go for it! A 10K in Scotland! Fun! Yeah, maybe it is a good thing the cat has been waking you up so you won't mind getting up for boot camp!

I, too, have not been out since Thursday. Maybe even Wednesday. I just did not need to go anywhere. I am not as concerned with the cold, as I am falling on the ice. Hope your car started.

I am a nester also. But I sure wish I was "nesting" with my hubby.

K-Mom 10x4
  #913   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 13:03

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds Update

Wednesday: Jaz 5/5, Blue 2/3, KMom 4/5
Thursday: Jaz 5/5, Blue _/3, KMom 4/5
Friday: Jaz 6/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 5/5
Saturday: Jaz 6/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 4/5

You probably did, Jaz. I look through the posts a couple of times, but it is easy for me to miss it.

Good job on the water! 6/5 two days in a row!
  #914   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 13:43

BF:

Trig/Jaz.....a little clarification on the gravy you pour over the chuck roast. Is it a jarred gravy, or a dry packet that you add some broth to?
  #915   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 17:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Sorry your tum was bothering you yesterday. Hopefully it is well today.

Bummer about the Lawrenceville TH, but that does sound like it would be a long commute for you. It looked nice from the pics though!

Total crap that pork and beef taste the same.. don't know who has been feeding that dude or else he has broken taste buds!

Wonderful news about Ava!!

Lori- WOW GIRL!! YOU GO!! That is quite a goal! Very impressed!

Blue- that is very exciting for your hubby but yeah, I would likely feel the same way as you do. I am usually the leave-er as far as pleasure trips while DH is a leave-er for work trips. Your idea to set up times to be with your friends is excellent. Good plan!

I use several forms of garlic, depending. I have the powder, the paste, the pre-minced, and the whole head which I will slice or chop. Just depends on time and the dish at hand. Sometimes fresh garlic, especially if the store isn't stocking particularly fresh, can be bitter.

Well done on your three days! Keep it up!

Trig- Did you and DD go shopping today? What types of tops is she looking for and where did you go?

Today DS was asking me when we can go to Jos A Banks to pick up his sport coats that we got over Thanksgiving break. I almost smacked him. I've been asking him about going for quite some time and he kept putting me off, and then he asked like it was my issue that we hadn't gone. WTH!!

Did you treadmill today?

Kmom- WOW that fire sounds bad!! I hope no one was hurt! Not such a good thing, having a drug house nearby, but quite honestly there are issues in every neighborhood, behind closed doors.

Sorry that your back is acting up. That is so frustrating, when one is trying to exercise and then the back starts flaring up, or the knee or whatever. It happens to me too at times and it can feel pretty discouraging.

Sorry I kept messing up the title for the movie- It is called The Greatest Showman and it is with Hugh Jackman, Michelle Williams and Zac Efron. It was very good- I really liked it and so did the fam. I CRIED though and I didn't know to expect that. I mean, I boo hoo'd at one point! Highly recommend and see it on the big screen if you can!

Goggles- The ones at Costco were swim goggles. Also, while it will vary, saltwater pools actually tend to be EASIER on the eyes than chlorinated pools if they are done right. Ours is salt water. It should be like the tears of your eyes. Still, better safe than sorry.

My heart always goes out to you- I know how much you miss your DH, or actually, I don't but I can try to imagine. And I do so wish he were here with you.

••••••••••••••

Let's see, where to start:

Homecoming for DS16 appears to have been fun, even though he says little about it or much else school-related. But he did say he had a good time and luckily even though he didn't feel well it didn't seem to interfere.

DH and I had a nice double date out. I kept very close to on plan, but I did have about 1/3 cup of the saffron/basmati rice. Otherwise it was grilled octopus, and some lamb and filet kabob. I had plenty to bring home, which I just ate for dinner tonight, minus the rice. SO good. I was up 2/10 of a pound only so I was pleased with that and am back on track all day today.

So I got brave and tried the Sous Vide for the first time today! I did the easiest thing I could think of, which was eggs. While it was not good for egg whites eaters, the yolks were VERY tasty, which was a great match for me as someone who hates egg whites. I had three egg yolks and three strips of bacon. Yum! I will be doing pork chops in there on Tuesday or so.

No popcorn at the movie, go us! I ate a little bit of a Lily's LC stevia sweetened chocolate bar and that little bit was perfectly satisfying, along with my water. Win!

So that's about it from here. A good weekend and a very successful one for me foods-wise. Tomorrow I will take DS19 to pick up his sports coats so we can see what kind of alterations he will need.

We are at 80% chance for sleet/freezing rain tomorrow afternoon and evening so we'll see if DS16 has his music lessons or not.

Hugs to all!
Closed Thread