Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1846   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-17, 08:23

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

JO I am SO happy to read you are having a blast with your bro....when I read the name Tony I just smile and smile being hubbys name LOL

It is wonderful you guys kinda eat the same. Helps SO much that the 'guests when visiting' don't expect the crazy food feast and helps keep ya all calm in that dept!!!

SO glad you are having such a good time!

HEY ALL
we got sun today. shocked the big ugly clouds moved off and sun. when I pick up dog from groomer in about an hr kiddo and I are gonna swim!! then mow later this evening and such cause fun is coming first today over chores LOL

HI HUMPFREE! You are an icon that signals the flip in the week....the hump day--LOVE IT!
Sponsored Links
  #1847   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-17, 09:48

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Warriors..

Congrats on your 4 year anniversary Jo, and the many, many more anniversaries to follow

I had to put my A72 HC glasses on last night. I stuck to my allowed foods but for a moment thought about grabbing one of the ice cream bars they offered. I was tempted, but I resisted and talked myself out of it. So yay. Not worth it . Can't give in to temptation....

We had a great view for the fireworks. We could see the whole city with fireworks going off everywhere from my DDIL's sister's balcony. It was pretty awesome. The kids had fun with their safe & sane fireworks too. Their favorite was the pooping dog. Lol.

HAPPY HUMP DAY
  #1848   ^
Old Thu, Jul-06-17, 05:08

BF:

De, congrats for holding strong I also sometimes get those 'fast temptations' cause it is right in front of you and 'one little one' won't hurt will it? But us sensitives knows it is not the way to go and we have to say NO and move on.

Good job!!!!

Bernie I hope everything is ok for ya!!!

HI ALL
off to dentist for kiddo at 10:30
kinda cloudy like day....will clear to more sun, not sure....gotta run and check weather forecast
nothing much doing...the usual junk

got a nice Tbone steak for dinner tonight
woke up kinda not hungry mode so not sure if I will eat something earlier or not...eh whatever. food is not the priority anymore thank goodness LOL

everyone have a great day!!!
  #1849   ^
Old Thu, Jul-06-17, 14:59

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How are you doing today?

De... great job staying away from the carbs!

Jo... I am so happy the fun you are having with your twin tony priceless memories!

Karen: you dinner sounds delish! I just sad and trying to keep my routines and schedule a celebration meal for my brother with family. Family has been so wonderful to me I am just so thankful for the outpouring of luv and support!
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1850   ^
Old Fri, Jul-07-17, 06:43

BF:

Bernie, glad you are doing well!
A celebration meal with family is a great way to honor him You can always keep him in your heart!!

HI GUYS
nothing much
getting rv stuff ready for trip sunday
hoping for more sun than clouds today to swim some time.
doing usual this and that

have 2 nice pork chops for dinner tonight..yum

great day all!!
  #1851   ^
Old Fri, Jul-07-17, 09:53
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Friday, 7 July 2017

Happy Friday Day, Warriors!

Hope all the Warriors are doing well and wishing each of you a totally FAB-tastic day in every way possible!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

This afternoon I have to take my twin back to El Paso airport to fly back to Orlando. I can't believe we've already spent our week together... TIME went by too flippin' fast as far as Imma concerned!

We had a super terrific time playing guitar, reminiscing about the past and truly catching up with our lives... funny how phone calls and texts just aren't enough...

Imma sorry that our week together is practically over... but Imma grateful to have had this special time with him all to myself! I will probably never get that opportunity again b/c he is married with children.

We had many heart to hearts about my life-long struggles with my weight and he said he had no IDEA the demons (food related issues and all that entails) I battled on a daily basis.

Since he's never had a weight problem, he was clue-less. But I educated him on our LC WOE/WOL and all the trials and tribulations... the decades of yo-yo dieting etc... How CI/CO is BS for people like us who are carb intolerant and carb addicts to boot.

Eye opening experience for him for sure... Imma glad I had a chance to explain these things to him.

Like I told Berni in my journal today, He's told me numerous times how very proud he is of me. But he says that he had no idea about the struggle I have faced my entire adult life...

He said I changed his way of thinking about dieting in general, LC WOE specifically and the obesity problem worldwide!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

“Living Well is the Best Revenge!””
~ George Herbert

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Imma playing catch-up on your posts since I haven't been on in a few days...

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO I am SO happy to read you are having a blast with your bro....when I read the name Tony I just smile and smile being hubbys name LOL
Same here, when you've occasionally mentioned your DH by name, it makes me too!
Quote:
It is wonderful you guys kinda eat the same. Helps SO much that the 'guests when visiting' don't expect the crazy food feast and helps keep ya all calm in that dept!!!

SO glad you are having such a good time!
It's been great "eating-wise" but then his visit or anyone else visiting me would NOT change one iota the way I eat. He did suggest going out to eat. I told him great, I'll eat when we get back. He said he wasn't going to eat in front of me, so he nixed that idea. This has probably been the cheapest vacation he's ever taken, I mean aside from the plane fare!
Quote:
HI HUMPFREE! You are an icon that signals the flip in the week....the hump day--LOVE IT!
you crack me up, girlie!
Quote:
getting rv stuff ready for trip sunday
hoping for more sun than clouds today to swim some time.
doing usual this and that
I knew you were off to the lake for a few days, I couldn't remember when you guys were heading out! Now I know!

Hope you have lovely weather for pool time today!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Congrats on your 4 year anniversary Jo, and the many, many more anniversaries to follow
Thanks, my friend! I appreciate you and all the Warriors for your continued support, encouragement and inspiration! It really does help me stay accountable and successful!
Quote:
I had to put my A72 HC glasses on last night. I stuck to my allowed foods but for a moment thought about grabbing one of the ice cream bars they offered. I was tempted, but I resisted and talked myself out of it. So yay. Not worth it . Can't give in to temptation....
Woot! Woot! WTG, De!

That is a GREAT strategy and one I've used many times... better to KNOW what damage some food will do BEFORE you actually eat it. Like you, that info is enough to say NO not worth it!
Quote:
We had a great view for the fireworks. We could see the whole city with fireworks going off everywhere from my DDIL's sister's balcony. It was pretty awesome. The kids had fun with their safe & sane fireworks too. Their favorite was the pooping dog. Lol.
Sounds like your city's firework display was awesome and your vantage point top notch!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Jo... I am so happy the fun you are having with your twin tony priceless memories!
Quote:
I just sad and trying to keep my routines and schedule a celebration meal for my brother with family. Family has been so wonderful to me I am just so thankful for the outpouring of luv and support!
I know this is a very difficult time for you and your family. We're here for you, dear Berni! We love ya!

hm6: Hey girl, I hope everything is going well in your corner of the US. We miss not seeing you post in here!
  #1852   ^
Old Sat, Jul-08-17, 08:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday, 8 July 2017

Wow, really quiet in here... I'll get the ball rollin'...

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

It was really hard saying good-bye to my DB yesterday at the airport. I wish we lived closer together, but we vowed that we would see each other at least once a year instead of the 2-3 year thingy we've been doing... none of us are getting any younger...

“The secret is to never think of this WOE as a D.I.E.T, but something you’ll do the rest of your life!”
~ unknown

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Jul-09-17 at 05:51. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
  #1853   ^
Old Sat, Jul-08-17, 08:56

BF:

JO so glad you had a great time with your bro!!

I hear ya on visiting while you can I love the emails and phone for chatting with my brothers but there never is anything like the visits!! It is just fun to SEE the person and interact!!

HI ALL
busy doing rv for trip tomorrow
just 4 days at the lake. kayak and relax and swim.
got a coupon at pizza place hubby wants to hit, checked menu online, got good chicken wings for me so I am good to go!
TOLD hubby only one meal out...other than that I am NOT driving around, I am staying put and enjoying the lake and dressing in 'non-approprite for public' clothes HAHA

nothing much doing, just getting things done.
nice day, dip in pool for sure later today

everyone have a wonderful warrior day!!
  #1854   ^
Old Sat, Jul-08-17, 20:26

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi Everyone

I'm back from camping for a couple of days.
We have been boating, fishing and playing volleyball and having so much fun
Down to 203.5 from 206.5
Stayed 72 induction strong the whole time!!!

Taking our boat out again tomorrow and having another camp fire cookout

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!!
  #1855   ^
Old Sun, Jul-09-17, 03:25

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today!

HM6... so glad you had a great time camping and the scales continues to move downward Awesome 😎 job!

Karen... have a wonderful camping trip. When I camped or lately stay at the cabin up north I don't want to go anywhere but to
Stay by the lake and in our little section. Just enjoying nAture and the peace.

Jo.... So glad you and your twin are going to see each other every year! I may have forgot to congratulate you on
4 magnificent years of doing HCA-72 no cheats! What an outstanding victory!
  #1856   ^
Old Sun, Jul-09-17, 06:23
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Talking Sunday, 9 July 2017

Happy Day, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

"The chief cause of FAILURE and unhappiness is trading what you want MOST for what you want right NOW!"
~ Zig Ziglar

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ [/QUOTE]

Karen:
Quote:
JO so glad you had a great time with your bro!!

I hear ya on visiting while you can I love the emails and phone for chatting with my brothers but there never is anything like the visits!! It is just fun to SEE the person and interact!!
Exactly!

So how many brothers do you have? Are they older than you, younger??? Do they live close by?
Quote:
busy doing rv for trip tomorrow
just 4 days at the lake. kayak and relax and swim.
got a coupon at pizza place hubby wants to hit, checked menu online, got good chicken wings for me so I am good to go!
How long does it take you to drive out to the lake?

WTG with checking out what "you can eat" at the pizza joint! Right On!
Quote:
TOLD hubby only one meal out...other than that I am NOT driving around, I am staying put and enjoying the lake and dressing in 'non-approprite for public' clothes HAHA
Good for you!

I hope you have great weather for your mini-vaca!

hm6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6
I'm back from camping for a couple of days.
We have been boating, fishing and playing volleyball and having so much fun
So good to see you, girlie! Sounds like you had a blast camping + all those fun activities!
Quote:
Down to 203.5 from 206.5
Woot! Woot! You are sooooo rockin' A '72!

HUGE Congrats on your continued progress!
Quote:
Stayed 72 induction strong the whole time!!!
That's the ONLY way to be successful! You're doing über GREAT!
Quote:
Taking our boat out again tomorrow and having another camp fire cookout
Sounds like another fun filled day!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
How is everyone doing today!
Imma doing super duper terrific! Thanks for asking, hope you are doing the same!
Quote:
Jo.... So glad you and your twin are going to see each other every year!
Me too! Time's a wastin' right?
Quote:
I may have forgot to congratulate you on 4 magnificent years of doing HCA-72 no cheats! What an outstanding victory!
Thanks for the congrats BUT NOT totally cheat free!

Remember "My Big Fat Infamous Thanksgiving Fiasco of 2013"??

Where I gave myself permission to go off plan to face plant into any toxic carb-age dish I wanted for 3 days straight whilst the DD and the DSIL were visiting over the holidays.

I reverted back to “Fat Jo” and her destructive eating behavior, it was ugly, brutal and life changing in many ways. I gained 9 pounds!!! Holy HANNAH, it took me 6 days to lose those 9 pounds!

Afterwards, I felt so stupid & guilty that I had given myself permission to do that. What an idiot! But I had promised myself that I would go back to eating clean right afterwards -- which I did, Thank God!

Why did I give myself permission? Well, I had lost 105 pound by then. Seemed like a good reason at the time ~ I know it was "Fat Jo" the carb addict talking...

But looking back now, gees, how totally insane was that? I could just as easily NOT returned to this incredible WOL.

How many peeps have we seen on here that have done just that? Taken that first step to eating carb-age crap b/c it's the holidays and then fallen totally off the wagon, trying time and time again to get control of their eating...

Not proud of losing control like that, but LESSON LEARNED the HARD WAY! That was my ONE and ONLY cheat since July 2013...
  #1857   ^
Old Sun, Jul-09-17, 07:40

BF:

yea close, only 2.5 hrs for this lake trip.

fast post guys, gotta get moving. crap to handle and off we go

take care all and be back 4 days!!
  #1858   ^
Old Sun, Jul-09-17, 08:41

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning Warriors...

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Jo... that's so nice you had your brother all to yourself for such an awesome visit!

Karen...enjoy your camping trip!

HM...what is your forum name all about? That's great you went on vacation and continued to lose weight! WTG girl. Staying on plan all the time isn't always easy, but it's what works for sure!

Bernie...I'm sorry you're going thru a sad time. Hugs to you.

Last night was fun. We went to a 60th anniversary party for my DDIL's parents. They got married in their teens and are still happily together. There was a lot of singing, guitar playing, dancing, entertainment and food. Luckily they had buffet style with salad and meat people came from all over the world to attend. Lucky for us it was local. About 170 people were there, all family & extended family. Most guests are from Hawaii, but others came from as far as Australia & China! Many from other states too. My three year old granddaughter was a dancing fool...lol..couldn't get her off the dance floor. The whole thing was so delightful that I can't even describe it all. There's another get together today that we are attending. Our son married into an awesome family!

Have a great OP day friends!!!!
  #1859   ^
Old Sun, Jul-09-17, 21:04

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hello again

Hope everyone had a fun filled weekend!
Up 1 pound today :/ I hope its just water retention!

Whirrlly- Have a great time on your lake trip!

Bernie2014
Quote:
HM6... so glad you had a great time camping and the scales continues to move downward Awesome 😎 job!

THANKS

DelaneyLC
Quote:
That's great you went on vacation and continued to lose weight! WTG girl. Staying on plan all the time isn't always easy, but it's what works for sure!

Its was a little difficult but when I think of how hard it was and still is for me to lose my weight I shut that thought down real quick

Just Jo
Quote:
So good to see you, girlie! Sounds like you had a blast camping + all those fun activities!

Thanks Jo its good to be back still going to the campsite daily to be with family but its sort of nice to sleep in my own BED

Heres to a OP up and coming MONDAY!
  #1860   ^
Old Mon, Jul-10-17, 07:36
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 10 July 2017

Happy Monday, Warriors!

Hope everyone is doing super duper terrific this first day of a new week!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 4 months, 2 weeks and counting... Wt = 115 lbs.

Imma counting the days left of my summer break... 4 weeks LEFT = 28 days! Holy Hannah, it's going by quickly!

Life isn't about riding out the STORM.
It's learning to dance in the RAIN.

~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
yea close, only 2.5 hrs for this lake trip.

fast post guys, gotta get moving. crap to handle and off we go

take care all and be back 4 days!!
Nice that you can have a mini-vaca that doesn't take a long time to "get" to!

I know we won't hear from you before you return b/c you like to stay off the grid when you're on a vaca.

Hope the weather is lovely every day so you can enjoy your time at the lake!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Jo... that's so nice you had your brother all to yourself for such an awesome visit!
Yeppers, it was amazing! We had so much fun!
Quote:
Last night was fun. We went to a 60th anniversary party for my DDIL's parents. They got married in their teens and are still happily together. There was a lot of singing, guitar playing, dancing, entertainment and food. Luckily they had buffet style with salad and meat people came from all over the world to attend. Lucky for us it was local. About 170 people were there, all family & extended family. Most guests are from Hawaii, but others came from as far as Australia & China! Many from other states too. My three year old granddaughter was a dancing fool...lol..couldn't get her off the dance floor. The whole thing was so delightful that I can't even describe it all. There's another get together today that we are attending. Our son married into an awesome family!
WOW, how cool! Married 60 years, that's saying something!

Makes me smile thinking about your lil DGD dancing! I know it was really sweet!

That's terrific that the food was buffet style and you could eat what you wanted! NICE!

Hey any more talk from your DH about retiring soon?? You know we want the Dets!

hm6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6
Up 1 pound today :/ I hope its just water retention!
Don't worry overmuch about the bounce up, since you're eating 100% OP, there's not much you can do about it.

Our weight fluctuates all the time.
Quote:
Its was a little difficult but when I think of how hard it was and still is for me to lose my weight I shut that thought down real quick
When you said this to De, I thought about that quote "Chose Your HARD" and it looks like you've chosen wisely, grasshopper!

The other thought that always occur to me when I read on here how disappointed people get b/c they aren't losing weight as quickly as they like...thinking this WOE isn't working for them... and it's like, whatcha gonna do, go back to eating those toxic carbs and gaining all the weight lost so far and maybe a little more???

IMHO, one of the biggest CONS of this WOE is the rapid weight loss at first b/c peeps EXPECT those kinds of results every single time they get on the scale. A 1-2 lb loss a week is reasonable esp depending how much one has to lose. Then the closer one gets to a "normal" weight the slower the weight loss...

We all want a "quick fix" weight loss program but nothing out there will do that even WLS... so all we can do is Fight every single day, eating those foods that help us lose weight or maintain our weight loss, which ever path we are on in our journeys to better HEALTH and skinny-dom!
Quote:
Thanks Jo its good to be back still going to the campsite daily to be with family but its sort of nice to sleep in my own BED
OMG, the BEST of both worlds, campsite daily, you're own bed at night! NICE!

Hey, hm6, please share with us how you selected your screen name, of course, ONLY if you want...
Closed Thread