Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 14:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/226/136
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Breakfast

I'm having a problem eating an appropriate breakfast on induction due to lack of time.

I get up at 5:30 to go to the gym (Yep, I've been doing it religiously four days a week for about a month now. Yay, me! ) I shower and dress at the gym and then go straight to work.

I don't have a chance to go home and fix eggs. I used to grab a bagel and cream cheese or a cereal bar, but that is obviously not an option. I know they have those lo carb bars, but I'm not supposed to have them on induction (besides, I tasted one and it was NOT tasty).

So what do you all do for breakfast when you are on the run?

Tina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 14:27

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

hehehe

Stay away from the so called "low carb" bars. They lie! They actually have around 30 carbs in those puppies.

As for breakfast....What I did when I missed fixing something at the house was to run through McDonalds and ordered the breakfast platter. It has sausage, eggs, hashbrowns and a biscuit. I gave the hashbrowns and biscuit to a co worker or I threw it away. This depends on how much will power you have

You can also fix "to go" foods the night before. On the orange bar above the forums you will find a link with "low carb recipes", drop in there and see what others fix.

You can fry up bacon or sausage the night before and bag it. Or as you are putting the nights leftovers away, make a breakfast bag.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 14:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/226/136
BF:
Progress: 0%

I should also have mentioned that I'm (what my vegan friends call) a "fake vegetarian". I don't eat pork, beef, or poultry although I do eat diary, fish, and seafood. But still, I could just throw away the sausage as well.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 14:56
Registered Member

Plan: FatLocity (as of 10 March 02)
Stats: 291/276/175
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Try this for breakfast

16 oz (or around 500g) cream cheese (that's 2 packs here)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
6 packets Splenda

Soften the cream cheese to room temperature
(or microwave it soft)
Beat all ingredients until creamy
spoon into 6 muffin papers (in a muffin tin)
bake at around 350 degrees (170 celcius) for 30-40 mins depending on your oven.

This will make a good on the go breakfast, bit like a cheesecake muffin. Make them on the weekend, and keep in the fridge.
I can eat them without the sweetener, if you are sensitive to sweeteners, then leave them out. On new Atkins program each one will count as one AS allowance for the day (you are allowed 3). Depending on your cream cheese would be around 3 carbs each (less if you leave out or reduce the sweetener).

Cold sausage from the fridge is always nice too.

Cheers
Kim
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 15:03

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

There are tons of vegetarian meat substitutes -- Boca Burgers, and the like. I've never used them so don't know the carb count, but I've seen them listed in people's menus here so there must be some that are low enough -- remember, you can subtract the fiber count from the carb count, so if something is 12 grams of carbs with 5 grams of fiber, it only counts as 7 carbs.

You could eat tuna fish salad for breakfast, of course And hard boiled eggs are easy enough to stuff in a pocket. Peanut butter in celery stalks -- it's doable.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 10:38

Plan: 15 CARBS AND BELOW A DAY
Stats: 264/173/150
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Idea's for Fast Breakfast....

Hi Welcome to a great site. I am new here too, wish I had this when I first started.. Hey There...I have lost alot of weight on Atkins and almost at goal Because of my early work schedule I often did not have time to make breakfast and I can tell you I have used the McDonalds drive through mega times. I just ask for a side order of eggs/cheese and bacon and off I go. I have never paid over $1.30 for my breakfast. It works and is great for on the run. I have also eaten at Wendy's too. I just ask for my burgers with no bread. You can do this easy...I agree to stay away from the bars. They are full of hidden carbs, not very tasty and cost way to much money. An Atkins Bar can cost up to three dollars!! Good Luck. Email me if you need some idea's or support. I see you are new. Email me at TNT4KPS~msn.com